Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Devin Thomas' inconsistency continues

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 02:14 PM   #61
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,369
Re: Devin Thomas' inconsistency continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Nothing is going to happen to him unless he's traded for a player or someone throws draft picks at Dallas to get him. I wouldn't give Dallas anything and I seriously doubt they just cut him. The team has said they were not trading him then recently came out and said they wouldn't throw him away cause he's too valuable to them. Which to me means they will want compensation.
Perhaps you're right but they're very crowed at the wr position.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-08-2010, 02:39 PM   #62
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: Devin Thomas' inconsistency continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
So how do our receivers rank in terms of pure speed? Is Moss the fastest? It never seemed to me like any one on our team had breakaway speed, so I just wondered where all our receivers stack up, both on the team, and against other receivers in the league.
My guess from the current fastest in order

Brandon Banks-the kid is a smurf but can flat out fly-4.37 official/fast time 4.30Brandon Banks*|*Kansas State,*WR*:*2010 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile
Devin Thomas-4.40 official /fast time 4.32 just for reference DeSean Jackson ran a 4.35 official
*Devin Thomas*|*Michigan State,*WR*:*2008 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile
Santana Moss-4.31 official (2001)
NFL Draft Scout Rankings, From Prep to Pro Coverage for Pros by Pros - Powered by the Sports Xchange
Joey Galloway-anywhere from 4.20-4.38 can't find official time but in his prime the dude had wheels
NFL Draft Scout Rankings, From Prep to Pro Coverage for Pros by Pros - Powered by the Sports Xchange
Terrence Austin-4.52 official/4.42 fast time
Terrence Austin*|*UCLA,*WR*:*2010 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile
Shay Hodge-4.62 official/4.50 fast time
Shay Hodge*|*Mississippi,*WR*:*2010 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

can't find Anthony Armstrong's 40
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:51 PM   #63
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,393
Re: Devin Thomas' inconsistency continues

Thanks 30Gut.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:17 PM   #64
The Starter
 
scowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: KY
Age: 45
Posts: 1,506
Re: Devin Thomas' inconsistency continues

If they line up Cooley more wide this year, then the most we will see is 3 WRs on the field with Colley being the forth. That sounds a lot like Dallas Clark with the Colts, whom we have seen line up wide for a number of years. I like that idea. I actually like the idea of the 2 TE, 2WR 1RB set that several teams run these days. More blockers on the field, which would make that streach running play to Portis work really well.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:42 PM   #65
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,616
Re: Devin Thomas' inconsistency continues

Armstrong is probably the fastest actually. Heard he ran like a 4.2 flat 40 last summer.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:11 PM   #66
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Devin Thomas' inconsistency continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
It's a worthy thread, just a little early to panic is all

Matty your standards are getting lower.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:33 PM   #67
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Devin Thomas' inconsistency continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
My guess from the current fastest in order

Brandon Banks-the kid is a smurf but can flat out fly-4.37 official/fast time 4.30Brandon Banks*|*Kansas State,*WR*:*2010 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile
Devin Thomas-4.40 official /fast time 4.32 just for reference DeSean Jackson ran a 4.35 official
*Devin Thomas*|*Michigan State,*WR*:*2008 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile
Santana Moss-4.31 official (2001)
NFL Draft Scout Rankings, From Prep to Pro Coverage for Pros by Pros - Powered by the Sports Xchange
Joey Galloway-anywhere from 4.20-4.38 can't find official time but in his prime the dude had wheels
NFL Draft Scout Rankings, From Prep to Pro Coverage for Pros by Pros - Powered by the Sports Xchange
Terrence Austin-4.52 official/4.42 fast time
Terrence Austin*|*UCLA,*WR*:*2010 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile
Shay Hodge-4.62 official/4.50 fast time
Shay Hodge*|*Mississippi,*WR*:*2010 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

can't find Anthony Armstrong's 40
Good job, but I'd wonder how accurate this is. What I mean is I presume this is from all their draft testing and I would guess Moss can't run that fast anymore due to him being a bit older and most likely heavier. Thomas might be in the same boat since he has put on a lot of muscle. I could be wrong.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:38 PM   #68
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Devin Thomas' inconsistency continues

I think my list would look something like this since we have better numbers:

Banks
Armstrong
Thomas
Moss
Kelly
Austin
Wade
Galloway

You did forget Kelly and Wade.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:39 PM   #69
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,672
Re: Devin Thomas' inconsistency continues

If Galloway is healthy I'm betting the old guy can still fly
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:50 PM   #70
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Devin Thomas' inconsistency continues

You might be right. He's still tall and has not gained too much weight. He might be placed up above Kelly on my list.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:13 PM   #71
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,616
Re: Devin Thomas' inconsistency continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
You might be right. He's still tall and has not gained too much weight. He might be placed up above Kelly on my list.
We're talking about Galloway? Define tall
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:51 PM   #72
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,369
Re: Devin Thomas' inconsistency continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
If Galloway is healthy I'm betting the old guy can still fly
The guy couldn't hack it as New Englands 3rd wr last year. After Moss and Welker there really wasn't much competition since Stallworth and Gafney left. He is so done.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:52 PM   #73
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: Devin Thomas' inconsistency continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I think my list would look something like this since we have better numbers:

Banks
Armstrong
Thomas
Moss
Kelly
Austin
Wade
Galloway

You did forget Kelly and Wade.
I didn't look Kelly's up b/c i figured that we all know that speed isn't his calling card. 4.64 /4.53 fast time although i haven't seen this number linked to Kelly anywhere else

*Malcolm Kelly*|*Oklahoma,*WR*:*2008 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Brandt
WR Malcolm Kelly (6-3 7/8, 227): Ran the 40 in 4.75 and 4.68, had a 32-inch vertical jump, 9-foot, 9-inch long jump, 4.24 short shuttle, 7.00 cone drill, and ran position drills. Kelly looked very good catching the football.
Pro day updates: Schools N-R

But, Malcolm is known for great hands:


Wade isn't a burner either 4.66
Bobby Wade*|*Arizona,*WR*:*2003 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:58 PM   #74
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: Devin Thomas' inconsistency continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Armstrong is probably the fastest actually. Heard he ran like a 4.2 flat 40 last summer.
4.2? Wow? Where at?
I figured he was fast based on the rave reports from the Dolphins last year.

I trust you but where did you find it?

Armstrong's 40 time is like a song stuck in my head that i can't remember the words to help!
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:02 PM   #75
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,616
Re: Devin Thomas' inconsistency continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
4.2? Wow? Where at?
I figured he was fast based on the rave reports from the Dolphins last year.

I trust you but where did you find it?

Armstrong's 40 time is like a song stuck in my head that i can't remember the words to help!
Heard it from someone associated with the league. But he said that's what he recalled, but wasn't sure.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29791 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25