Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


RI: Moore, Armstrong starting well

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 07:20 AM   #1
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,657
RI: Moore, Armstrong starting well

Probably the most important offseason to come along in years.
Redskins Insider - Moore, Armstrong starting well

Then again is it really a surprise that Armstrong is impressing the new coaching staff?
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-15-2010, 08:05 AM   #2
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: RI: Moore, Armstrong starting well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Probably the most important offseason to come along in years.
Redskins Insider - Moore, Armstrong starting well

Then again is it really a surprise that Armstrong is impressing the new coaching staff?
Moore might eventually become a starter, Armstrong faces an up-hill battle. It's good however, to see some of our young players making strides.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:46 AM   #3
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,951
Re: RI: Moore, Armstrong starting well

I am less and less impressed by what WRs do in practice. How good a WR is in practice doesn't seem to translate very well to game day. It is such a speed, effort and scheme position and practice just doesn't create the proper environment to effectively evaluate.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:50 AM   #4
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: RI: Moore, Armstrong starting well

I'm more interested in how Moore is doing. He's frustrated me to no end when I watch him play but I know the Skins are high on him and are really hoping he can claim that starting FS position
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:52 AM   #5
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: RI: Moore, Armstrong starting well

Why is anyone even remotely interested in how a 5-11, 27year old Arena league receiver performs in training camp? The guy is like the 8th best receiver in camp that has a lot of bad receivers. This guys size and age essentially preclude him from even earning a spot on the practice squad.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:01 AM   #6
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,793
Re: RI: Moore, Armstrong starting well

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Why is anyone even remotely interested in how a 5-11, 27year old Arena league receiver performs in training camp? The guy is like the 8th best receiver in camp that has a lot of bad receivers. This guys size and age essentially preclude him from even earning a spot on the practice squad.
Because it's the offseason and we're out of Haynesworth stories at the moment. No fear though, that should kick back up tomorrow.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #7
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 12,005
Re: RI: Moore, Armstrong starting well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Probably the most important offseason to come along in years.
Redskins Insider - Moore, Armstrong starting well

Then again is it really a surprise that Armstrong is impressing the new coaching staff?
Hey, Armstrong's back. We could've really used him last season. Then he disappeared off the roster. (I kid, I kid)
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:21 PM   #8
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: RI: Moore, Armstrong starting well

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I'm more interested in how Moore is doing. He's frustrated me to no end when I watch him play but I know the Skins are high on him and are really hoping he can claim that starting FS position
On the flip side, what's up with Chris Horton? I haven't heard anything about him in a while. He was such a revelation as a rookie. Where has he disappeared to?
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:35 PM   #9
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: RI: Moore, Armstrong starting well

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
On the flip side, what's up with Chris Horton? I haven't heard anything about him in a while. He was such a revelation as a rookie. Where has he disappeared to?
The doctor's office.


I think he'll be back contributing this season. He may not be a starter to begin the year but he'll be on the field making plays. Last I heard about Chris was in early May, where he sat out a minicamp because he wasn't 100% from surgery.

Doughty will start, at first anyways.


Horton COULD probably see some time at LB if there are injuries there.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:16 PM   #10
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: RI: Moore, Armstrong starting well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
The doctor's office.


I think he'll be back contributing this season. He may not be a starter to begin the year but he'll be on the field making plays. Last I heard about Chris was in early May, where he sat out a minicamp because he wasn't 100% from surgery.

Doughty will start, at first anyways.


Horton COULD probably see some time at LB if there are injuries there.
Ummmmm, not sure if that is a good thing................He hasn't even been that great in his true position, and frankly, I dont think he even did that great that "breakout" season that he had. I thought from watching the games that season that it was more luck and fans overhyping run of the mill easy plays than anything else, not that he is so great. I dunno, maybe he'll be the next ed reed. (lol) But I see him as slightly below average, at best.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:44 PM   #11
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: RI: Moore, Armstrong starting well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Because it's the offseason and we're out of Haynesworth stories at the moment. No fear though, that should kick back up tomorrow.
Why put off tomorrow what you can do today?
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:07 PM   #12
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,500
Re: RI: Moore, Armstrong starting well

I don't care how guys look w/out pads on. No one is hitting anyone. Every team has guys like like Moore and Armstrong. Let's see who they do in some pre season games. It's time for Moore, he's actually shown some flashes. What I like about this Armstrong kid is he seems hungry. Not sure we can say that about Kelly and Thomas.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 05:41 PM   #13
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,657
Re: RI: Moore, Armstrong starting well

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Hey, Armstrong's back. We could've really used him last season. Then he disappeared off the roster. (I kid, I kid)
Thank you. At least someone in this thread appreciates the importance of our best player. The real question is now that Armstrong has slimmed down from playing Guard and switching to receiver, how soon he can get 2,000 recieving yards this year?
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 05:48 PM   #14
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: RI: Moore, Armstrong starting well

I can sleep better tonight now that Armstrong is back.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:26 PM   #15
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: RI: Moore, Armstrong starting well

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Why put off tomorrow what you can do today?
Timing, mostly.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27321 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25