Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


NFL Players Weigh In On Haynesworth Situation

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 12:46 PM   #106
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,775
Re: NFL Players Weigh In On Haynesworth Situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I still question how much AH will even be playing the nose. As long as Kemo is ready to go he should be there the majority of the time. Seems like all those NT talk is seriously overblown.
With Kemo on the nose and AH at end, we might have a badass 3-4 defensive line. Keeping one of the two on the bench seems a waste.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  

Advertisements
Old 07-27-2010, 12:48 PM   #107
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: NFL Players Weigh In On Haynesworth Situation

Any news of Green or Bryant? I read an article the other day about them but it really wasn't a progress report or anything. Guess most of that will show up during camp.
tryfuhl is offline  
Old 07-27-2010, 01:27 PM   #108
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,701
Re: NFL Players Weigh In On Haynesworth Situation

I would assume that truth. Agree with the above statements having Kemo at nose with a rotation with Gholston and AH at the end really seems to have the best benefit to team.

BUT you have to remember the basis of a nose to gobble up ol guys, AH does that vey well. Or at least he has in the past.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline  
Old 07-27-2010, 01:44 PM   #109
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: NFL Players Weigh In On Haynesworth Situation

accounting for kemo and haynesworth would be nice.. hope for update on kemo soon.. last word was he still had a deliberate limp
tryfuhl is offline  
Old 07-27-2010, 02:21 PM   #110
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,701
Re: NFL Players Weigh In On Haynesworth Situation

I think it may be safe to say at this point that AH is going to be on the team in 2010 correct? We have not heard of any trade rumors or anything else from the AH camp to the contrary.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline  
Old 07-27-2010, 02:43 PM   #111
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,495
Re: NFL Players Weigh In On Haynesworth Situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
accounting for kemo and haynesworth would be nice.. hope for update on kemo soon.. last word was he still had a deliberate limp
Here's your update:

Posted at 2:08 PM ET, 07/27/2010 Redskins thrilled with Maake Kemoeatu's progress

The Redskins are so encouraged about Maake Kemoeatu's rehab that they recently sent Ray Wright, the team's new strength and conditioning coach, to Hawaii to continue helping Kemoeatu prepare for the season, according to people familiar with the situation.
Kemoeatu, who sat out the 2009 season because of an achilles injury, impressed team officials with his tireless work ethic while he rehabbed at Redskins Park for most of the offseason, the team sources said. He was at the complex several times a week working with the training staff, but needed to take some time off as training camp, which begins Thursday afternoon in Ashburn, approached.
Because of the favorable reports on Kemoeatu, many in the organization believe that barring injury, the former Carolina Panther standout will start at the nose tackle position in the season opener Sept. 12 against the Dallas Cowboys at FedEx Field. Kemoeatu's recovery could be good news for disgruntled all-pro defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth, who does not want to play the nose position.
If Kemoeatu is at full strength to open the season, Haynesworth probably would start at end and shift to the nose on third down and other obvious passing situations. With Haynesworth said to be in shape and motivated and Kemoeatu physically sound, the Redskins' line could be formidable.
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline  
Old 07-27-2010, 05:04 PM   #112
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,701
Re: NFL Players Weigh In On Haynesworth Situation

^^ That is very good news for our front 7! A healthy Kemo will pay dividends if he can return to form.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline  
Old 07-28-2010, 12:04 AM   #113
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: NFL Players Weigh In On Haynesworth Situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
Here's your update:

Posted at 2:08 PM ET, 07/27/2010 Redskins thrilled with Maake Kemoeatu's progress

The Redskins are so encouraged about Maake Kemoeatu's rehab that they recently sent Ray Wright, the team's new strength and conditioning coach, to Hawaii to continue helping Kemoeatu prepare for the season, according to people familiar with the situation.
Kemoeatu, who sat out the 2009 season because of an achilles injury, impressed team officials with his tireless work ethic while he rehabbed at Redskins Park for most of the offseason, the team sources said. He was at the complex several times a week working with the training staff, but needed to take some time off as training camp, which begins Thursday afternoon in Ashburn, approached.
Because of the favorable reports on Kemoeatu, many in the organization believe that barring injury, the former Carolina Panther standout will start at the nose tackle position in the season opener Sept. 12 against the Dallas Cowboys at FedEx Field. Kemoeatu's recovery could be good news for disgruntled all-pro defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth, who does not want to play the nose position.
If Kemoeatu is at full strength to open the season, Haynesworth probably would start at end and shift to the nose on third down and other obvious passing situations. With Haynesworth said to be in shape and motivated and Kemoeatu physically sound, the Redskins' line could be formidable.
Huh. Doesn't necessarily sound as tho Kemo is ahead of schedule on the rehab. But on the other hand I can't imagine this coaching staff would risk the defense by not securing the d-line w/ a NT, so probably Shanny & Co are satisfied w/ the big guy's progress.
The Goat is offline  
Old 07-28-2010, 02:12 AM   #114
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: NFL Players Weigh In On Haynesworth Situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Huh. Doesn't necessarily sound as tho Kemo is ahead of schedule on the rehab. But on the other hand I can't imagine this coaching staff would risk the defense by not securing the d-line w/ a NT, so probably Shanny & Co are satisfied w/ the big guy's progress.
Yeah that sounds about like the same report from a couple of years ago though adding in that he needed some time off and they're sending Wright out there. Around that time it was mentioned by someone about his walking, really just an aside I believe more than anything.
tryfuhl is offline  
Old 07-28-2010, 10:06 AM   #115
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,805
Re: NFL Players Weigh In On Haynesworth Situation

JReid

Redskins sources: Albert Haynesworth back in town and optimistic after several good conversations with teammates. He's ready to work. 32 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

certainly hope this works out.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 07-28-2010, 10:15 AM   #116
Impact Rookie
 
johno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southwest, DC
Posts: 599
Re: NFL Players Weigh In On Haynesworth Situation

So Haynesworth came into town to meet with Shananhan, hat in hand? I guess what I mean is is AH here a day early to patch things up? If so, I am even more excited about this season. As many have said before, if he shows up in shape and delivers come the regular season, all is forgiven.
__________________
fight for old dc.
johno is offline  
Old 07-28-2010, 10:30 AM   #117
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,805
Re: NFL Players Weigh In On Haynesworth Situation

Off topic - does anyone know what's going on with Carlos?
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 07-28-2010, 10:33 AM   #118
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,408
Re: NFL Players Weigh In On Haynesworth Situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by johno View Post
So Haynesworth came into town to meet with Shananhan, hat in hand? I guess what I mean is is AH here a day early to patch things up? If so, I am even more excited about this season. As many have said before, if he shows up in shape and delivers come the regular season, all is forgiven.
Everyone is arriving today, practice tomorrow
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 07-28-2010, 10:35 AM   #119
Impact Rookie
 
johno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southwest, DC
Posts: 599
Re: NFL Players Weigh In On Haynesworth Situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Everyone is arriving today, practice tomorrow
Oh, I gotcha. So he really isnt "early"
__________________
fight for old dc.
johno is offline  
Old 07-28-2010, 10:43 AM   #120
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,191
Re: NFL Players Weigh In On Haynesworth Situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
JReid

Redskins sources: Albert Haynesworth back in town and optimistic after several good conversations with teammates. He's ready to work. 32 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

certainly hope this works out.
Glad to hear this. I want to put this drama behind and look forward to a good training camp.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30164 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25