Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Report: Redskins are pursuing Vincent Jackson

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Should the Redskins trade for Vincent Jackson?
Yes, but only if the price is right 103 74.64%
Yes, even if it means multiple high round picks 1 0.72%
No 34 24.64%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2010, 06:49 AM   #166
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,144
Re: Report: Redskins are pursuing Vincent Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
That dosen't work we did it for #ss *ole (can't even bring myself to type his initials) & look were that got us.
Also how much we can give him up front depends on how much he got paid last year.
__________________
Charlie: Okay. Take off your seat belt.
Alan: Why?
Charlie: Because when I slam on the brakes I want to watch you go through the windshield.
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-01-2010, 10:24 AM   #167
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,555
Re: Report: Redskins are pursuing Vincent Jackson

Giving anyone a ton of upfront money is not the smartest move by any franchise right now. We of all teams know this first hand. Unless you are talking about a player who is worht the cash. IE McNabb or some of our current roster.

I think the FO is taking a wait and see approach with guys like Rocky and Carlos. If these guys perform well in the new 3-4 alignment I would think we would extend them past this year. Same goes for a guy like Brown.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:34 AM   #168
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,593
Re: Report: Redskins are pursuing Vincent Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
Is there any link or has anyone else heard the rumors that McNabb is working out with Vincent Jackson in Arizona?
And if so...are there any sources that indicate that this is anything more than due diligence on the part of the Skins?
Sam Wyche reported it on NFL Network yesterday.

Nothing to read into though. Just 2 football players tossing the ball around. This happens all over the league every day of the week.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:49 AM   #169
Impact Rookie
 
skinster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 754
Re: Report: Redskins are pursuing Vincent Jackson

I just watched multiple segments on nfl.com about the vincent jackson's trade. Apparently he wants more money than brandon marshall, and the trade market should be about the same with 2 2nd round picks for him. This is something I do not understand, Marshall is FAR superior to Jackson, not IMO, fact.
All the numbers support it, over the last 3 years, brandon marshall has averaged about 300 more yards per season, about 50 more receptions! and has about 1.5 more tds per season. That is all considering that Marshall has less years in the league, played in less games over those three season, started even less, is NOT being suspended 4 games, and had the poop king kyle orton throwing to him last year instead of the elite phillip rivers.
I'd honestly put him at a 2nd rounder period for trade value considering in his 5 nfl years has had 1 truly good year with an elite qb throwing to him, and a genius offensive coordinator as a head coach. And it wasn't even that good a year.
Please someone explain to me why jackson should be traded for the same and get more money instead of significantly less money and significantly less value
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:00 AM   #170
Impact Rookie
 
skinster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 754
Re: Report: Redskins are pursuing Vincent Jackson

Sorry for the double post, but I also wanted to say something else about this trade scenario. If we get Jackson, and Haynsworth makes amends with the team (and we stay injury free), I think we have a legitimate shot at being contenders. Our biggest weakness right now is WR, considering we have inadequate talent at the top, and poor depth, we have no other position where both these things are true. Jackson would help us out immensely which makes me want him, but also scares me because I feel like our desperate need for him to contend will make us overpay for him in draft picks and in salary cap space. If the move doesnt boost us into contenders, it will all significantly hinder us for years to come considering he comes with a two big price tags.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:29 AM   #171
The Starter
 
#56fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte NC
Age: 39
Posts: 1,788
Re: Report: Redskins are pursuing Vincent Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
I just watched multiple segments on nfl.com about the vincent jackson's trade. Apparently he wants more money than brandon marshall, and the trade market should be about the same with 2 2nd round picks for him. This is something I do not understand, Marshall is FAR superior to Jackson, not IMO, fact.
All the numbers support it, over the last 3 years, brandon marshall has averaged about 300 more yards per season, about 50 more receptions! and has about 1.5 more tds per season. That is all considering that Marshall has less years in the league, played in less games over those three season, started even less, is NOT being suspended 4 games, and had the poop king kyle orton throwing to him last year instead of the elite phillip rivers.
I'd honestly put him at a 2nd rounder period for trade value considering in his 5 nfl years has had 1 truly good year with an elite qb throwing to him, and a genius offensive coordinator as a head coach. And it wasn't even that good a year.
Please someone explain to me why jackson should be traded for the same and get more money instead of significantly less money and significantly less value

The number of catches over the last three years is strickly related to the offenses they played in. In Denver, Marshall was in an offense that threw the ball a quite bit more. Plus looking at the numbers over the last three years comparing the two, the only thing that sticks out is the catches. The yards were about the same and the TD's were exactly the same. I think this speaks to how Norv likes to run the ball and hit the deep balls with play action. If Jackson had played in an offense where the ball was thrown 10-15 more times a game then his catches would be similar. So I dont understand where everyone is saying that Marshall is by far the superior receiver. I definatly think we should make a play for this guy. he is big, strong, and can get down the field. His size and speed is very attractive ala Andre Johnson. Plus he is a threat in the redzone, which we really haven't had other than cooley, which teams have figured that out! Teaming him up with Moss and thomas would be pretty damn interesting. Along with Cooley and Davis. I dont put Kelly in the mix because I can see him as being part of the deal. Plus i think we could move Moss to more of the #2 receiver and more slot routes which I think he would be extremely had to cover in motion and going across the middle.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:32 AM   #172
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 46
Posts: 12,150
Re: Report: Redskins are pursuing Vincent Jackson

Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: The NFL suspended SD Pro Bowl WR Vincent Jackson three games for violating the league's personal conduct policy. 10 minutes ago via UberTwitter
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:33 AM   #173
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,438
Re: Report: Redskins are pursuing Vincent Jackson

Wonder if he will appeal and try to get it reduced to 1-2.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:36 AM   #174
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,014
Re: Report: Redskins are pursuing Vincent Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
Sorry for the double post, but I also wanted to say something else about this trade scenario. If we get Jackson, and Haynsworth makes amends with the team (and we stay injury free), I think we have a legitimate shot at being contenders. Our biggest weakness right now is WR, considering we have inadequate talent at the top, and poor depth, we have no other position where both these things are true. Jackson would help us out immensely which makes me want him, but also scares me because I feel like our desperate need for him to contend will make us overpay for him in draft picks and in salary cap space. If the move doesnt boost us into contenders, it will all significantly hinder us for years to come considering he comes with a two big price tags.
Good post. Agree 110%
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:40 AM   #175
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,014
Re: Report: Redskins are pursuing Vincent Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: The NFL suspended SD Pro Bowl WR Vincent Jackson three games for violating the league's personal conduct policy. 10 minutes ago via UberTwitter
Now would be the time to move in. The suspension may make SD move him out a little faster
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:41 AM   #176
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,438
Re: Report: Redskins are pursuing Vincent Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
The number of catches over the last three years is strickly related to the offenses they played in. In Denver, Marshall was in an offense that threw the ball a quite bit more. Plus looking at the numbers over the last three years comparing the two, the only thing that sticks out is the catches. The yards were about the same and the TD's were exactly the same. I think this speaks to how Norv likes to run the ball and hit the deep balls with play action. If Jackson had played in an offense where the ball was thrown 10-15 more times a game then his catches would be similar. So I dont understand where everyone is saying that Marshall is by far the superior receiver. I definatly think we should make a play for this guy. he is big, strong, and can get down the field. His size and speed is very attractive ala Andre Johnson. Plus he is a threat in the redzone, which we really haven't had other than cooley, which teams have figured that out! Teaming him up with Moss and thomas would be pretty damn interesting. Along with Cooley and Davis. I dont put Kelly in the mix because I can see him as being part of the deal. Plus i think we could move Moss to more of the #2 receiver and more slot routes which I think he would be extremely had to cover in motion and going across the middle.
Well said.

In the end I think Marshall is the better player than Jackson, but not by a wide margin.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:52 AM   #177
Impact Rookie
 
skinster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 754
Re: Report: Redskins are pursuing Vincent Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
The number of catches over the last three years is strickly related to the offenses they played in. In Denver, Marshall was in an offense that threw the ball a quite bit more. Plus looking at the numbers over the last three years comparing the two, the only thing that sticks out is the catches. The yards were about the same and the TD's were exactly the same. I think this speaks to how Norv likes to run the ball and hit the deep balls with play action. If Jackson had played in an offense where the ball was thrown 10-15 more times a game then his catches would be similar. So I dont understand where everyone is saying that Marshall is by far the superior receiver. I definatly think we should make a play for this guy. he is big, strong, and can get down the field. His size and speed is very attractive ala Andre Johnson. Plus he is a threat in the redzone, which we really haven't had other than cooley, which teams have figured that out! Teaming him up with Moss and thomas would be pretty damn interesting. Along with Cooley and Davis. I dont put Kelly in the mix because I can see him as being part of the deal. Plus i think we could move Moss to more of the #2 receiver and more slot routes which I think he would be extremely had to cover in motion and going across the middle.
I see your point, but I still disagree. Just coming from last year alone, orton threw the ball about 50 more times than rivers, and marshall had 33 more catches than jackson while not starting in 2 less games (If I remember correctly he wasn't really played in those games). But the main reason why I disagree with that is not just their production, but who was throwing the ball to them while they were producing. I dont think you can disagree that rivers is far superior than orton. The fact that marshall got better numbers last year (his worst of the last 3 years) in yards per game played, catches total, and tds total while being thrown to by a guy nobody wants on their team, then jackson who last year (his by far best of the last 3 years) was thrown to by an elite qb speaks miles to me. The last thing I will say why I believe marshall is significantly more valuable is consistency, Marshall has had three straight 100 plus catch seasons, while jackson has had one season that has matched up to marshall. Jackson hasn't proven he that he can do it year in and year out. For all we know he might be able to, but he hasn't proven that he can.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:02 PM   #178
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,339
Re: Report: Redskins are pursuing Vincent Jackson

I think the poll got it right...no one on this board it seems (who has voted) is behind aggressively chasing this guy. I don't think he makes us contender whatsoever. WE WERE 4-12 LAST YEAR !!!

How could anyone possibly think that he makes us Super Bowl contenders when we are learning yet another new offense, forcing a top 10 defense to learn a completely different paradigm and not even put on pads yet.

Vincent Jackson is attractive but I am in favor of seeing how McNabb and our receivers mesh before giving up even a 3rd for the guy. Plus, the guy is suspended, has had (multiple?) alcohol related issues, and would need a high draft picks to acquire. No way it is a good move for the Skins.
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:04 PM   #179
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,593
Re: Report: Redskins are pursuing Vincent Jackson

NFL Network also reported yesterday that the Bears proposed a trade to SD for Jackson. The Bears were supposedly offering up two-2nd rounders for Jackson.

And SD said no.

That is AJ Smith for you though. He is a serious hardass as a GM. He will not give in to Jacksons hold out.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:10 PM   #180
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 34
Posts: 16,275
Re: Report: Redskins are pursuing Vincent Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
NFL Network also reported yesterday that the Bears proposed a trade to SD for Jackson. The Bears were supposedly offering up two-2nd rounders for Jackson.

And SD said no.

That is AJ Smith for you though. He is a serious hardass as a GM. He will not give in to Jacksons hold out.
If true, the Bears offered too much and the Chargers are insane for turning it down, considering Jackson is threatening to hold out, is now suspended and doesn't seem to want to stay with SD.


This says otherwise though:

Source: Bears not pursuing Chargers' Jackson - Chicago Breaking Sports
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.38994 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25