Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Russ Grimm On Canton, Hot Dogs, and The Hogs

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2010, 10:56 PM   #46
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,600
Re: Russ Grimm On Canton, Hot Dogs, and The Hogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
If you recall 2 years ago this forum was buzzing when Monk and Green went in, it's been pretty quiet for Grimm around here. I'm still stoked about the fact that no one will ever get a long standing ovation like Monk did 2 years ago.
I was there and it was something I'll never ever forget. What a moment that was. The crowd was in a frenzy...."It's about time, It's about time!"
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-08-2010, 11:07 PM   #47
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,595
Re: Russ Grimm On Canton, Hot Dogs, and The Hogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
It was something like 2 or 3 nights before.
So I guess he did pull a Tiger Woods in the SB.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:13 PM   #48
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,595
Re: Russ Grimm On Canton, Hot Dogs, and The Hogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I was there and it was something I'll never ever forget. What a moment that was. The crowd was in a frenzy...."It's about time, It's about time!"
That made it for me for the 8 times he was passed for election into the HOF. To me, he will always be the best and classiest Redskins player ever. No one and I mean no one, will ever receive that kind of ovation unless they are a Redskins player of that caliber.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:05 AM   #49
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,783
Re: Russ Grimm On Canton, Hot Dogs, and The Hogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I actually liked Rickey Jackson's speech. He's a country boy who was nervous and didn't use any notes, once he past the "hometown" part he did alright. I liked the fact that he picked Benson as his presenter and not DeBartolo who he could have chosen. He was honest and spoke from the heart. And no, he was not drunk.
I didn't hear it, didn't hear any of them actually. But I did hear people complaining that he didn't think many, if any, of his Saints' teammates. Namely, the other linebackers
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:08 AM   #50
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,600
Re: Russ Grimm On Canton, Hot Dogs, and The Hogs

anyone notice how emmitt smith improved his speaking skills?? he speaks really well now and i noticed that he was the only one not reading. even though we're skins fans here you had to enjoy the part where he thanked johnston.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:08 AM   #51
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,300
Re: Russ Grimm On Canton, Hot Dogs, and The Hogs

So were there a lot of Skins fans in Canton? I didn't bother watching any of the coverage. It's not a great TV event, it's all about the experience of being there. I remember Skins fans just took over Canton 2 years ago, it was insane.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:58 AM   #52
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Russ Grimm On Canton, Hot Dogs, and The Hogs

Wow, what a moving speech by Grimm and Buges. I still can't believe I lived during that era (as if we're talking about the Great Depression or something!) and was at that Cowboys championship game. Seems so surreal now.

But as far as the Raiders game, I was just stunned that we lost that Super Bowl. The Jack Squirek interception and Marcus Allen's 74 yd TD run stick out in my mind until this day. What really hurt about that game was I felt we were the more talented team and we beat those chumps earlier that season!

Bottom line, I think the Skins were believing their own press, got full of themselves for one game, and got the snot knocked out of them.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:04 PM   #53
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,300
Re: Russ Grimm On Canton, Hot Dogs, and The Hogs

The Raiders were a very good team that year. I think we often overlook that. Yeah, the Skins should have won that game. But the Raiders weren't pushovers either.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:55 PM   #54
Camp Scrub
 
Bakerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 21
Re: Russ Grimm On Canton, Hot Dogs, and The Hogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Wow, what a moving speech by Grimm and Buges. I still can't believe I lived during that era (as if we're talking about the Great Depression or something!) and was at that Cowboys championship game. Seems so surreal now.

But as far as the Raiders game, I was just stunned that we lost that Super Bowl. The Jack Squirek interception and Marcus Allen's 74 yd TD run stick out in my mind until this day. What really hurt about that game was I felt we were the more talented team and we beat those chumps earlier that season!

Bottom line, I think the Skins were believing their own press, got full of themselves for one game, and got the snot knocked out of them.
The Redskins were lucky to beat the Raiders in the regular season that year. Joe Washington saved our ass that game. That was the best game of that memorable season. The SB loss was due to an above average night of drinking by the Redskins the evening before the game.

Congratulations to Russ Grimm. Great football player way overdue. Just like Art Monk.

Clark , Jacoby, Lachey and Mann need to get in now.

Hail to the Redskins!
Bakerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:24 PM   #55
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,698
Re: Russ Grimm On Canton, Hot Dogs, and The Hogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
So were there a lot of Skins fans in Canton? I didn't bother watching any of the coverage. It's not a great TV event, it's all about the experience of being there. I remember Skins fans just took over Canton 2 years ago, it was insane.
From the TV coverage I would say there was a fair amount of our fans. Most of the fans that were there were Cowboys and 9ers fans.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:33 PM   #56
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,469
Re: Russ Grimm On Canton, Hot Dogs, and The Hogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I didn't hear it, didn't hear any of them actually. But I did hear people complaining that he didn't think many, if any, of his Saints' teammates. Namely, the other linebackers
I caught the end of Jackson's speech, and could have sworn he mentioned Sam Mills, but I can't be 100% positive.
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:20 PM   #57
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,196
Re: Russ Grimm On Canton, Hot Dogs, and The Hogs

Riggins No-showed at Canton for the Hogs reunion???
And Mark May....allegedly
Hmmmm...............
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:12 PM   #58
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,698
Re: Russ Grimm On Canton, Hot Dogs, and The Hogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Riggins No-showed at Canton for the Hogs reunion???
And Mark May....allegedly
Hmmmm...............

Weak!
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:17 PM   #59
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,783
Re: Russ Grimm On Canton, Hot Dogs, and The Hogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakerman View Post
The Redskins were lucky to beat the Raiders in the regular season that year. Joe Washington saved our ass that game. That was the best game of that memorable season. The SB loss was due to an above average night of drinking by the Redskins the evening before the game.

Congratulations to Russ Grimm. Great football player way overdue. Just like Art Monk.

Clark , Jacoby, Lachey and Mann need to get in now.

Hail to the Redskins!
Some of my former colleagues, DC media folk, have told me stories of how the night before Super Bowl XXII, as a bit of revenge for what happened in Tampa, they bought Broncos players shot after shot, drink after drink posing as Broncos' fans; getting them hammered and wasted just hours before kick-off.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:52 PM   #60
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,698
Re: Russ Grimm On Canton, Hot Dogs, and The Hogs

Smoot I am a little confused by your post. Was it Skins players who bought the drinks?
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27300 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25