Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Pluses and Minuses: Bills vs Redskins

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 12:37 PM   #91
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,800
Re: Pluses and Minuses: Bills vs Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
I think that his performance in that game was overshadowed by the fact that we lost because we didn't have a kicker.
Aided by Kareem Moore not being able to hold on to the ball.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-18-2010, 12:59 PM   #92
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Pluses and Minuses: Bills vs Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
C'mon guys. This was the best game of his career. What about the other 30 some? I like DT and I really like that he plays hard and plays teams. W/out question he's on the roster. But he needs to start being more consistent game in game out. There is no reason that 58 year old Joey Galloway should be ahead of him on the depth chart.
C'mon guy, I posted plays from other games.

Depth charts at this early stage of the preseason do not mean a lot. Coach Shanahan is the type of leader who would use them to motivate people.

After game #3, then they start to matter.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:44 PM   #93
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Pluses and Minuses: Bills vs Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Aided by Kareem Moore not being able to hold on to the ball.
yeah.. it was a good strip though.. he got the pick.. the drive could've been a TD anyways
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:04 PM   #94
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,665
Re: Pluses and Minuses: Bills vs Redskins

Aright, so I think DT wil be on the squad come September. Macolm still has time to impress the coaches again he just needs to get healthy. DT has shown flash and if used properly he can make plays. We shall see though I am not in the meeting rooms!!
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:43 PM   #95
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,847
Re: Pluses and Minuses: Bills vs Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
C'mon guy, I posted plays from other games.

Depth charts at this early stage of the preseason do not mean a lot. Coach Shanahan is the type of leader who would use them to motivate people.

After game #3, then they start to matter
.
I agree depth charts in preseason do not mean very much.
Given Thomas and Kelly's history, by game 3 of preseason or game 1 of regular season, they are both usually on the sideline injured or down so low on the depth chart because they missed so much time. I am glad to see Thomas healthy this training camp and being productive.
There is no denying Kelly and Thomas are big and fast and have good hands.
Have to be careful not to fall in love with numbers 6'2 + 6'4' and 220 pounds and look more at the WR's at how they are producing and working hard on the field.

Question: If Kelly is not healthy by game 1 and since he got hurt before training camp started, can he be put on some kind of PUP list where he will not count against opening day roster but can be later activated during the season? Unlike IR where he would be gone all year.?.?
Might be a good way to buy him more time and still have him as an option for later this year.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:49 PM   #96
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,131
Re: Pluses and Minuses: Bills vs Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
C'mon guy, I posted plays from other games.

Depth charts at this early stage of the preseason do not mean a lot. Coach Shanahan is the type of leader who would use them to motivate people.

After game #3, then they start to matter.
Even Thomas knows that Shanahan is trying to motivate him by listing him 3rd string on the depth chart

Is Devin Thomas Growing On Coach Shanahan?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:51 PM   #97
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,627
Re: Pluses and Minuses: Bills vs Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
I agree depth charts in preseason do not mean very much.
Given Thomas and Kelly's history, by game 3 of preseason or game 1 of regular season, they are both usually on the sideline injured or down so low on the depth chart because they missed so much time. I am glad to see Thomas healthy this training camp and being productive.
There is no denying Kelly and Thomas are big and fast and have good hands.
Have to be careful not to fall in love with numbers 6'2 + 6'4' and 220 pounds and look more at the WR's at how they are producing and working hard on the field.

Question: If Kelly is not healthy by game 1 and since he got hurt before training camp started, can he be put on some kind of PUP list where he will not count against opening day roster but can be later activated during the season? Unlike IR where he would be gone all year.?.?
Might be a good way to buy him more time and still have him as an option for later this year.
I believe he started training camp on the active roster ,which makes him ineligible for the PUP list.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #98
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,847
Re: Pluses and Minuses: Bills vs Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I believe he started training camp on the active roster ,which makes him ineligible for the PUP list.
Damn!
Well it is well documented that he injured himself in Arizona before training camp, tried to make a go of it in practice but could not play. He has not seen any scrimmage or preseason action. Maybe they call someone and pull some strings.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:10 PM   #99
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Pluses and Minuses: Bills vs Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Even Thomas knows that Shanahan is trying to motivate him by listing him 3rd string on the depth chart

Is Devin Thomas Growing On Coach Shanahan?
No doubt Matty. A lot of people aren't realizing how much of the DC changed despite a lack of change in players' output (from the public view anyways). It changed at several positions and will continue to do so. I wouldn't read into anything until the actual cuts come.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.24116 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25