Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Joe Posnanski's Top 32 All-Time Receivers

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 01:46 PM   #1
Special Teams
 
Leader In Sports's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 385
Joe Posnanski's Top 32 All-Time Receivers

Can you believe that he doesn't even have Art Monk on the list?

Jerry Rice - Joe Posnanski's Top 32 All-Time Receivers - Photos - SI.com
Leader In Sports is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-25-2010, 01:48 PM   #2
The Starter
 
InsaneBoost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: DC
Age: 26
Posts: 1,300
Re: Joe Posnanski's Top 32 All-Time Receivers

Doesn't surprise me, seems like everyone leaves him out, would really love to know why.
__________________

InsaneBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:51 PM   #3
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Joe Posnanski's Top 32 All-Time Receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader In Sports View Post
Can you believe that he doesn't even have Art Monk on the list?

Jerry Rice - Joe Posnanski's Top 32 All-Time Receivers - Photos - SI.com
Belitnikoff at 25 but Don Maynard at #2? LOL. Also, he calls the list Top 32 all time receivers, yet he has Kellen Winslow, Tony Gonzalez, Shannon Sharpe and Ozzie Newsome on here? If that's the case at least call the list "top pass-catchers." What a garbage list.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:53 PM   #4
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Joe Posnanski's Top 32 All-Time Receivers

I think people tend to look at Art Monk through different a lens than a Redskin fan would. Out of 32 possible all-time greats, I'm with you, I don't see how Art Monk doesn't make the bottom 15, at least.

Still, I have no problem with the 32 he did choose. I probably would throw a John Jefferson in there somewhere though.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:56 PM   #5
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Joe Posnanski's Top 32 All-Time Receivers

I was surprised to see T.O make it that damn high. For goodness sake, put down the Kool Aid man.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:59 PM   #6
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Joe Posnanski's Top 32 All-Time Receivers

Also consider two Redskins did make the list: Charlie Taylor and Bobby Mitchell. So it's unlikely that he'd throw a third on there.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:01 PM   #7
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Joe Posnanski's Top 32 All-Time Receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I think people tend to look at Art Monk through different a lens than a Redskin fan would. Out of 32 possible all-time greats, I'm with you, I don't see how Art Monk doesn't make the bottom 15, at least.

Still, I have no problem with the 32 he did choose. I probably would throw a John Jefferson in there somewhere though.
I have a big issue with Lynn Swan being on everyone's lists and in the Hall of Fame. Yes, he made a few spectacular catches in the playoffs during his career. He also has a total of 336 career catches. Sheesh, Brandon Marshall and Andre Johnson have just about that much over the past three seasons.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:17 PM   #8
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,607
Re: Joe Posnanski's Top 32 All-Time Receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I have a big issue with Lynn Swan being on everyone's lists and in the Hall of Fame. Yes, he made a few spectacular catches in the playoffs during his career. He also has a total of 336 career catches. Sheesh, Brandon Marshall and Andre Johnson have just about that much over the past three seasons.
Swann made his big catches on the biggest stage and he also played in a totally different era. Can't compare numbers to guys that played in the 70's against guys in today's pass happy league.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:18 PM   #9
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Joe Posnanski's Top 32 All-Time Receivers

Totally agree with you about Swanny. He pretty much got in on style points and playing on all those Super Bowl teams. Wow, 336 catches is nothing nowadays.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:18 PM   #10
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,329
Re: Joe Posnanski's Top 32 All-Time Receivers

Lame list overall.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:20 PM   #11
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,607
Re: Joe Posnanski's Top 32 All-Time Receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I was surprised to see T.O make it that damn high. For goodness sake, put down the Kool Aid man.
C'mon, TO may be a drama queen pain in the ass but you simply can not deny his talent. Yeah he doesn't have the best hands but his numbers speak for themselves. Isn't he in the top 5 all time for TD's? First ballot Hall of Famer.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:20 PM   #12
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,112
Re: Joe Posnanski's Top 32 All-Time Receivers

Moss should be 2, Largent 3 imo.. And I don't know why ppl always count Monk out? It's really mind boggling
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:25 PM   #13
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,112
Re: Joe Posnanski's Top 32 All-Time Receivers

Art Monk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How is Charley Taylor ahead of Monk????
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:28 PM   #14
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Joe Posnanski's Top 32 All-Time Receivers

Should point out that the list is "32 Great Receivers" not "32 Greatest Receivers" and so some have a reading comprehension issue. To argue against someone on the list, you'd have to argue that they weren't a great receiver. Which, in Swann's case, is likely true.

But yeah, Art Monk is one of the 32 greatest receivers of all time, and probably would be on the top half of such a list.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:37 PM   #15
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,329
Re: Joe Posnanski's Top 32 All-Time Receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Should point out that the list is "32 Great Receivers" not "32 Greatest Receivers" and so some have a reading comprehension issue. To argue against someone on the list, you'd have to argue that they weren't a great receiver. Which, in Swann's case, is likely true.

But yeah, Art Monk is one of the 32 greatest receivers of all time, and probably would be on the top half of such a list.
It's actually "Top 32 All-Time Receivers" if we're keeping score.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26318 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25