|08-27-2010, 03:43 PM||#46|
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Re: Matt Leinart Benched for Cards' Game vs. Bears
- takes pressure off the QB to have to "make a play" on almost every play.
- more 2nd + 8 and 3rd & longs.
- Minimal play-action threat.
- Throwing against a pass-D most of the time, rather than a base D, minimizing mismatches being created against the extra LB.
- More blitzes to go against without a run threat.
- More speed on the field, rather than bulk, that can contain McNabb on the edge more effectively. Keeping him from breaking contain and putting the LB in a no-win situation.
Look at Elway's QB rating, he posted the 2nd thru 5th highest QB ratings of his career under Shanahan when the Denver run game was in the top 5. Favre had a career year last year.....AP and the run game had a great deal to do with that. A good running game is a QBs best friend.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.