Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


(Vent thread) I'm sorry,but the notion,that the Redskins have "no" receivers is just stupid!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 01:15 PM   #31
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,692
Re: (Vent thread) I'm sorry,but the notion,that the Redskins have "no" receivers is just stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinthehouse View Post
The "vent" thread was the fact that there is a theme that the redskins have no chance of having an affective passing attack and that we have no receivers what-so-ever? Would you say this is true on the overall speculation as a whole? I would considering it's thick in the Redskins land as well.

The "vent" thread was to show,that although we are not stacked at WR,that's it being portrayed worse,than it really is.

The fact that I would want to add a good WR to our WR core,is to upgrade and already what I think...."decent" wr core. Not great...but decent.

There's nothing bi-polar or talking out of both sides of my mouth about that mredskins...it's very simple,basic and IMO..
True...

I always believe you can be better at a certain position and add depth...

The fact that not only opposing fans and even Redskins fans assuming our WR core sucks without knowing for sure what will happen with a X6 pro bowl QB is all...Speculation.

I have believed and always believed and maintained to believe...that Jason Campbell,made the WR's look worse...than they really were.

I told many people.....over and over and over and over and over again....that if all the redskins did was change QB's or improve at th QB position...Our wr's would look much better.

Even with jim zorn (as bad as he was)...if we had done NOTHING else..on defense..on offense,coaching management or whatever...

If all we ever did thids offseason was go from campbell to mcnabb

This team could throw the ball.
Yes,I believe JC really sucks!
(which is why I laugh at the "raiders are going to be good" sentiments..lol)

And I have my evidence of my evaluation from this...

As soon as Collins comes in,during the 07 season when we were 5-7

we miraculously won 4 games in a row behind the great todd collins...and made the playoffs...

Is this proof collins was good? lol no way

It was proof to me that JC was absolutely...terrible

The fact that he never got any better,made being a Redskins fan hard for the next 2 seasons later..

At what we have done.....PLUS the new coaches and management...

And people actually are suprised I have us going 14-2?

If this team can win 4 games in row with Todd Collins...what can McNabb do?

The point of all this wild stuff I got here is simple.....

I don't think critics and even Redskins fans realize...just how bad jason campell really is/was!

We'll probably look like the 91 skins compared to what we've seen...lol
It's that much of an improvement...

At least...that's my theory anyways...
Great but why start a whole new thread??? To just say look at me I am special; everyone has an opinion on the WR corp. What if we all started threads just to highlight our opinions on subjects that are all ready being discussed.

I appreciate your new insights but you don't need to start a new thread every time you have a great idea or opinion.

The quickest way into the dog house for a newb here is start a bunch of useless threads. Seen it happen many times.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-07-2010, 01:51 PM   #32
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: (Vent thread) I'm sorry,but the notion,that the Redskins have "no" receivers is just stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsLove24/7 View Post
This thread is ridiculous. Let the team take the field and play an actual game. Predicting these kinds of things is as pointless as guessing lottery numbers. You just don't know until there are actual results. Obviously being confident is one thing and as a Redskins fan I do it yearly. Who doesn't love the optimistic feeling going into a season when the team is still 0-0. Until we see them win or lose the inclination is to think big.

And I don't get the "I have been a Redskins fan since I was 4 years old" Does that make you better than everyone else? I believe the people who tag numbers to things like that are just tooting their own horn.

I know a good Redskins team who I see one too..Put the team on the field..Win games and Bam, there you have it.
"You aint seen nuttin yet" wait until the game day threads start up. I do agree with you about speculation, it's never been a good friend of mine either. However, you must remember, that's what people do on the fan message boards, speculate and predict.
__________________
A revolution is coming and it will be televised.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:59 PM   #33
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,692
Re: (Vent thread) I'm sorry,but the notion,that the Redskins have "no" receivers is just stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsLove24/7 View Post
This thread is ridiculous. Let the team take the field and play an actual game. Predicting these kinds of things is as pointless as guessing lottery numbers. You just don't know until there are actual results. Obviously being confident is one thing and as a Redskins fan I do it yearly. Who doesn't love the optimistic feeling going into a season when the team is still 0-0. Until we see them win or lose the inclination is to think big.

And I don't get the "I have been a Redskins fan since I was 4 years old" Does that make you better than everyone else? I believe the people who tag numbers to things like that are just tooting their own horn.

I know a good Redskins team who I see one too..Put the team on the field..Win games and Bam, there you have it.

This is so true who cares we all been fans for a long time. The old lady across street from my house has been a fan longer then I have been alive (37 years) but ever time I see her she ask now what is this new QB's name? I keep forgetting.

Length of fanship doesn't constituted knowledge of the team.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:07 PM   #34
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,085
Re: (Vent thread) I'm sorry,but the notion,that the Redskins have "no" receivers is just stupid!

I nominate this thread for the Thread Hell area.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:23 PM   #35
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: (Vent thread) I'm sorry,but the notion,that the Redskins have "no" receivers is just stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
This is so true who cares we all been fans for a long time. The old lady across street from my house has been a fan longer then I have been alive (37 years) but ever time I see her she ask now what is this new QB's name? I keep forgetting.

Length of fanship doesn't constituted knowledge of the team.
Just offering up a little dose of sarcasm in my post about lending a little discussion to one that's been a fan since he was 4 yrs old. I don't know how old he is now, nor does it matter.
__________________
A revolution is coming and it will be televised.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:02 PM   #36
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
Re: (Vent thread) I'm sorry,but the notion,that the Redskins have "no" receivers is just stupid!

The question is or should be, "on paper" our recievers are better than what team? In our own division, I would have to say we are below NYG, Dallas, and maybe at best a wash w/ Phili. Yes, we're definately lower 1/4 though. But, hey, like someone said you've got to have a QB to evaluate (and a OL) talent. I think we've got a QB now, let's hope the OL holds up this year.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:18 PM   #37
The Starter
 
backrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 36.28 x 76.22
Age: 62
Posts: 1,812
Re: (Vent thread) I'm sorry,but the notion,that the Redskins have "no" receivers is just stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinthehouse View Post
I have believed and always believed and maintained to believe...that Jason Campbell,made the WR's look worse...than they really were.
I told many people.....over and over and over and over and over again....that if all the redskins did was change QB's or improve at th QB position...Our wr's would look much better.

If all we ever did thids offseason was go from campbell to mcnabb

This team could throw the ball.
Yes,I believe JC really sucks!(which is why I laugh at the "raiders are going to be good" sentiments..lol)

we miraculously won 4 games in a row behind the great todd collins...and made the playoffs...

Is this proof collins was good? lol no way

It was proof to me that JC was absolutely...terrible
The fact that he never got any better,made being a Redskins fan hard for the next 2 seasons later..

At what we have done.....PLUS the new coaches and management...

And people actually are suprised I have us going 14-2?

If this team can win 4 games in row with Todd Collins...what can McNabb do?

The point of all this wild stuff I got here is simple.....

I don't think critics and even Redskins fans realize...just how bad jason campell really is/was!

We'll probably look like the 91 skins compared to what we've seen...lol
It's that much of an improvement...

At least...that's my theory anyways...


Don't blame Mr. Stand in, take the hit, get up, stand in, have no time because of the line, stand in, get hit right away, stand in, get body slammed, stand in, have to run because of line breakdown, stand in, throw and watch WRs drop balls. Stand in and have an OL/DL slam into your rib cage just under your extended arm just before release. Do it all again the next year with a new Offensive coordinator, and the next year, another new OC, and the next.


For years, vinnie-look-inna-my-eyes neglected to rebuild the OL. Don't blame gutsy JC for the absolutely horrific OL along with the lack of OL depth! Did you think TC got in there because HOF Coach Gibbs wanted JC out? No, his line broke down, and he went down, again! That's why!

BTW, I've probably got socks older than you, (Clean of course) and been a B&G fan since the late '60s. Enough with the 4 years old junk.
__________________
'37, '42, '83, '88, '92. Championship!
backrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:25 PM   #38
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: (Vent thread) I'm sorry,but the notion,that the Redskins have "no" receivers is just stupid!

The fact that Joey Galloway is starting on this team is horrific. We need Devin Thomas to play out of his mind this year.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:45 PM   #39
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: (Vent thread) I'm sorry,but the notion,that the Redskins have "no" receivers is just stupid!

The production from the Wr corp will come from Moss and the newbies(Armstrong and Banks). You can only hope that DT can step it up to become a legit #2, but that may not happen. VJ isn't going to happen, so we will have to draft a guy or acquire a FA Wr next offseason and the next. Our Wr corp is serviceable, but that is the extent of it.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:07 PM   #40
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,855
Re: (Vent thread) I'm sorry,but the notion,that the Redskins have "no" receivers is just stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
The question is or should be, "on paper" our recievers are better than what team? In our own division, I would have to say we are below NYG, Dallas, and maybe at best a wash w/ Phili. Yes, we're definately lower 1/4 though. But, hey, like someone said you've got to have a QB to evaluate (and a OL) talent. I think we've got a QB now, let's hope the OL holds up this year.
We're clearly last in the division. Look up what Philly did last year with Jackson, Maclin, and Avant. Our group isn't even close right now.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop

Last edited by Mattyk; 09-07-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:32 PM   #41
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,691
Re: (Vent thread) I'm sorry,but the notion,that the Redskins have "no" receivers is just stupid!

Was going to mention that Matty.. you can't defend the bashing of this thread either.

We are last, we as fans really don't have any idea as to what this O is going to look like and how these players fit. On paper we look terrible at WR. We could get a few surprises with Armstrong and DT coming on strong to compliment SM then we have something to talk about. Galloway will be alright in this short stuff. Who knows... I just know the old guys do scare me, the guy who is out of the IFL is a big ?, small rookie man who has a fumbling problem, and MR Michigan State has had 1 good game in 2 years.

So there is reason for concern. BUT me being the optimist that I am will hope for some good play out of all those question marks up top!

If we are to rank them:

1. Dallas
2. Philly (very close behind Dallas)
3. Giants
4. Redskins
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:51 PM   #42
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,663
Re: (Vent thread) I'm sorry,but the notion,that the Redskins have "no" receivers is just stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
The fact that Joey Galloway is starting on this team is horrific. We need Devin Thomas to play out of his mind this year.
Honestly I've given up on Devin Thomas and moved on to Anthony Armstrong. Devin Thomas is just a nice special teams player at this point. Heck I'm more excited about Banks as a reciever then I am Thomas, in spite of my instance that returners focus on returning kicks and punts.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:08 AM   #43
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: (Vent thread) I'm sorry,but the notion,that the Redskins have "no" receivers is just stupid!

You gotta wonder why Thomas can't succeed. Guy is a physical freak, supremely athletic, and from Mich St!
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:20 AM   #44
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: (Vent thread) I'm sorry,but the notion,that the Redskins have "no" receivers is just stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
You gotta wonder why Thomas can't succeed. Guy is a physical freak, supremely athletic, and from Mich St!
Mich St isn't a good contributor to good NFL talent. Lorenzo White was the last Spartan that truly excelled in the NFL. It seems MSU QBs are relegated to being Lions backups, etc.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:23 AM   #45
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,663
Re: (Vent thread) I'm sorry,but the notion,that the Redskins have "no" receivers is just stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
You gotta wonder why Thomas can't succeed. Guy is a physical freak, supremely athletic, and from Mich St!
At receiver being a physical freak is nice. However without route running, hands, and the ability to read coverage it's practically useless. The reason physical freaks go so early in the draft is because all the attributes listed that are essential to being a successful receiver in the NFL are considered teachable.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.36321 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25