Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins Uniforms

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Fashion police: the "new" gold pants...
Stay 157 86.26%
Go 25 13.74%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 01:51 PM   #226
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,946
Re: Redskins Uniforms

I think we do need some kind of uniform update.

I liked how the Lions tweaked their uniform and kept it similar, but yet updated.

If we really have a new identity (do we?) and are trying to change the culture, then an updated uniform is in order...
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-21-2011, 02:00 PM   #227
Special Teams
 
musicmaster45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 374
Re: Redskins Uniforms

Solid Snake, your perfectley right. We are now shifting to adraft our players and were addding youth. We need to continue the trend
musicmaster45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:19 PM   #228
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,270
Re: Redskins Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
Those suck. This is better
Ughhh...No it's not. It's better-quality artwork, but the design is just as horrid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmaster45 View Post
Solid Snake, your perfectley right. We are now shifting to adraft our players and were addding youth. We need to continue the trend

That makes absolutely no sense...adjusting the team's identity based on the average age of the roster.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:19 PM   #229
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,750
Re: Redskins Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I think we do need some kind of uniform update.

I liked how the Lions tweaked their uniform and kept it similar, but yet updated.

If we really have a new identity (do we?) and are trying to change the culture, then an updated uniform is in order...
I think uniform changes only work if you've sucked for a long time while having done virtually nothing as a franchise. The Broncos with their 4 Super Bowl losses. The Cardinals winning virtually nothing. The Falcons never posting back to back winning seasons. Eagles never winning a Super Bowl (sure they still haven't won one but they're contenders year in and year out). Tampa with those ugly orange uniforms. Seahawks never having reached a Super Bowl. Patriots loosing their two Super Bowl appearances.

I don't know if 3 Super Bowl wins qualify you for a uniform change turn around. The science is still being studied.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:26 PM   #230
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,946
Re: Redskins Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
I think uniform changes only work if you've sucked for a long time while having done virtually nothing as a franchise. The Broncos with their 4 Super Bowl losses. The Cardinals winning virtually nothing. The Falcons never posting back to back winning seasons. Eagles never winning a Super Bowl (sure they still haven't won one but they're contenders year in and year out). Tampa with those ugly orange uniforms. Seahawks never having reached a Super Bowl. Patriots loosing their two Super Bowl appearances.

I don't know if 3 Super Bowl wins qualify you for a uniform change turn around. The science is still being studied.

Well we have the one point. We have sucked for a long time, winning nothing. After our last superbowl appearance, we havent been back in 20 years. We have won the division only once since then, in 1999. Since 1992, we have had 15 losing seasons. We've only made 3 trips to the playoffs in that span. The last time we had more than 10 wins was in 1991. I think a uniform change at this point wouldnt hurt anything.
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:55 PM   #231
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,766
Re: Redskins Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I think we do need some kind of uniform update.

I liked how the Lions tweaked their uniform and kept it similar, but yet updated.

If we really have a new identity (do we?) and are trying to change the culture, then an updated uniform is in order...
Well, technically, the Redskins did change their uniforms. They went from the white pants to Gold pants and went from wearing white jerseys on burgundy pants at home (and mostly on the road) to the burgundy tops and gold at home. We even saw the Redskins wear white jerseys on gold pants at away games. I would say just tweak a bit of what the team already has (again, like what Summo had posted a while back) and don't screw with it too much. If the helmets must change from the Indian head to something else, the only other thing that works in my opinion is the spear and feather. But, I like the Indian head on the helmet. Now, if they want to make him look a bit "meaner" then that's OK, but nothing too cartoonish.
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:20 AM   #232
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,330
Re: Redskins Uniforms

Probably little to no chance of the Skins making any change to their base uniform. They might toss in a retro look here and there, but a permanent change? Not gonna happen.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:32 PM   #233
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,270
Re: Redskins Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Probably little to no chance of the Skins making any change to their base uniform. They might toss in a retro look here and there, but a permanent change? Not gonna happen.
Good, I consider our look a classic, almost untouchable look. Sure, we'vehad this look for only 39 years so they don't have the longevity of Chicago or Green Bay's REALLY untouchable sets, but we played in 5 Super Bowls in these uniforms. They represent a lot of tradition.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:22 PM   #234
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Redskins Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Good, I consider our look a classic, almost untouchable look. Sure, we'vehad this look for only 39 years so they don't have the longevity of Chicago or Green Bay's REALLY untouchable sets, but we played in 5 Super Bowls in these uniforms. They represent a lot of tradition.
Thats part of the problem. Although I grew up with it.... it's classic. The Indian head has been around for some 30 years plus. Yes it's been tweeked but it's the same helmet. During Gibbs1 he emplimented the white into the uni's or at least more of the white. Gibbs1 era ended 1994 were almost at the 20 yr mark.

If they are afraid to do any major color changes then atleast update the design. I liked the gold pants with the burgundy jersey's.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:38 PM   #235
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,330
Re: Redskins Uniforms

no need to fix what isn't broke

Suitin' Up: NFL's Worst to Best Uniforms | Bleacher Report
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:04 PM   #236
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,270
Re: Redskins Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Thats part of the problem. Although I grew up with it.... it's classic. The Indian head has been around for some 30 years plus. Yes it's been tweeked but it's the same helmet. During Gibbs1 he emplimented the white into the uni's or at least more of the white. Gibbs1 era ended 1994 were almost at the 20 yr mark.

If they are afraid to do any major color changes then atleast update the design. I liked the gold pants with the burgundy jersey's.
I like jerseys without apostrophes.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:30 PM   #237
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Redskins Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post

I'd like to think if the team starts winning then the uni's are a moot point. lol. I like what they did with the burgundy and gold this year. All I'm argueing mostly is the fact that people are against black and the simply reason is "because it's not one of the team colors." All I'm saying is be fair. If black should not be used because it's not the team color then neither should white. The colors are Burgundy and Gold. Period. Now white was used to make the numbers show up better and then it was added to the pants and socks as trim. For some reason during the Gibbs1 era the white jersey some how found its way aboard. So if white can find its way into the uni's then black as a replacement could also. Just don't say "it's not the team colors." Just say "I'm used to white and would prefer it not changed to black."

I could handle a change if the team wanted to. They don't want to change thats fine too. Some of the concepts presented were a little off the chain and some I think are nice. I actually like the black uni, but whatever. As someone else pointed out maybe if they used more burgundy and had black trim. I think the helmet is awsome with the team logo taking up the whole helmet vs. just a circle on each side of the helmet. Use gold or use burgundy instead.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:33 PM   #238
Registered User
 
44ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Fortune Teller
Posts: 2,512
Re: Redskins Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
They had the Browns at #5 Yuk! Redskins uniforms do look great.
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:45 PM   #239
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
Re: Redskins Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I really have a problem w/ that list. GB i'm ok w/. Chargers at #11? Chargers uni's have got to be top 5. TB, Chi, NE, Indi ahead of the Skins...? TB's are still bad imo. I like NE's old uni's better than the new. Chi's uni are ok, but not above average. The Jet's are not great by any means.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:47 PM   #240
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Redskins Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post


Wow...


Anyways, your headdress idea has been done and it looks like utter crap. So would ANY Redskins design with black in it.

Well it's also how it's presented. I actually like the red helmet with the two feathers, but I'd prefer to see it in burgundy instead of red. My first take on it though was it looked like the Chiefs logo.... an arrow made out of feathers.

I don't like the Silver helmet and simply putting 3 feathers on each side and calling it a head dress is not what I was talking about. I said make the face mask burgundy, put a gold band around the face mask from ear to ear like the real head dresses have, then have a whole lot of feathers (white) in gold trim flowing back to the back of the helmet. When looking at the back of the helmet have it look like a real head dress.

SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.44830 seconds with 11 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25