Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Larry Johnson Cut

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2010, 11:22 PM   #46
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,596
Re: Larry Johnson Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
The LJ signing and release, and the lack of RB talent on the roster, make me nervous. What's the plan again?
Don't forget Shanny has history of finding RB gems..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2010, 11:27 PM   #47
Special Teams
 
Mc2guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Burke, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 287
Re: Larry Johnson Cut

I think LJ and WP were signed in the offseason for one reason only...Shanahan wasn't sure that Clinton was going to buy in and be a team guy and they needed a veteran in the backfield to lead the young guys. With CP stepping up and LJ looking ancient, this was a foregone conclusion.

I would look for Shanahan to try and find a hidden gem either through a trade or in the late round of the draft. He has never looked for first (or even second) round talent at RB...just young guys with a quick initial cut and burst.

You don't have to be Chris Johnson to do well in Shanahan's run system, but you better have a decent first cut and some explosion through the hole. Clinton, god love him, just doesn't have the burst any more. LJ didn't have either.

BTW, on a personal note, I couldn't be happier to see that d-bag misogynist shown the door.
Mc2guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:39 PM   #48
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,872
Re: Larry Johnson Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I'm not buying it. Running backs get paid to find holes and run through them. He might have still have something left in the tank, but definitely not as a featured back.
LOL... I was talking about Keiland Williams. Larry Johnson is done.
__________________
"Sit your five dollar ass down before I make change."
- Nino Brown

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:05 AM   #49
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,406
Re: Larry Johnson Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
The LJ signing and release, and the lack of RB talent on the roster, make me nervous. What's the plan again?
I guess put your trust on K. Williams as the back up? I dunno, not too crazy with the running game in general.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:09 AM   #50
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Larry Johnson Cut

Even though I made a call to improve the trenches. I MUST point out that we should let them settle into the zone-blocking scheme a bit first before panicking.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:15 AM   #51
Special Teams
 
takethecake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bethesda, MD
Age: 26
Posts: 281
Re: Larry Johnson Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by backrow View Post
I was really hoping the Burgandy and Gold would've cut Reed (The Witness) Doughty.
Because clearly doughty is the problem with this team...
takethecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:25 AM   #52
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,406
Re: Larry Johnson Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by takethecake View Post
Because clearly doughty is the problem with this team...
Apparently.

Reed Doughty made Jammal Brown commit that false start
Doughty told Phillip Buchanon to not worry about Andre Johnson on that TD pass
He's the reason why Fred Davis didn't block Bernard Pollard
Doughty told Haslett to go crazy with the blitzing, and forget about coverage

Did I miss anything else? [/sarcasm]
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:33 AM   #53
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,899
Re: Larry Johnson Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Apparently.

Reed Doughty made Jammal Brown commit that false start
Doughty told Phillip Buchanon to not worry about Andre Johnson on that TD pass
He's the reason why Fred Davis didn't block Bernard Pollard
Doughty told Haslett to go crazy with the blitzing, and forget about coverage

Did I miss anything else? [/sarcasm]
One more thing:

He made Rogers uncover Walters. That guy had a field day against Carlos.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:54 AM   #54
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,736
Re: Larry Johnson Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Even though I made a call to improve the trenches. I MUST point out that we should let them settle into the zone-blocking scheme a bit first before panicking.
This. On paper the line is just as talented as any line Shanahan has coached. The only difference being the starting Guards are a little less fleet of foot. Also I think it should be noted that the reason Chad Simpson was signed was because he has experience, and even a little taste of success, in Indy's zone blocking scheme.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:55 AM   #55
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,985
Re: Larry Johnson Cut

Ok so ho hum. LJ isn't what he used to be and doesn't fit our scheme.

I am more interested in why we picked up Simpson to replace him. If we needed a back then Torain gets promoted. So for some reason we needed a SP back. For what? There is more to this. There has to be. Otherwise we cut LJ and replace him with a PS guy right? What the heck to do we need this guy for? He isn't going to return kicks. Right? WTF?
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:59 AM   #56
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,899
Re: Larry Johnson Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Ok so ho hum. LJ isn't what he used to be and doesn't fit our scheme.

I am more interested in why we picked up Simpson to replace him. If we needed a back then Torain gets promoted. So for some reason we needed a SP back. For what? There is more to this. There has to be. Otherwise we cut LJ and replace him with a PS guy right? What the heck to do we need this guy for? He isn't going to return kicks. Right? WTF?
I read somewhere he excels at Special Teams.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:02 AM   #57
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,985
Re: Larry Johnson Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I read somewhere he excels at Special Teams.
My question is why did we get him? Who is hurt? I just read on PFT we have "multiple" injuries to teamers. Who?
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:07 AM   #58
Special Teams
 
takethecake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bethesda, MD
Age: 26
Posts: 281
Re: Larry Johnson Cut

Maybe we just need some fresh legs, I don't really know. If there's a silver lining in not promoting torain, it may be that the scouting staff saw something in simpson that would suggest a good fit with the blocking scheme. Before we bash the staff for keeping torain on the PS, let's at least see what this new guy can do.
takethecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:11 AM   #59
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,232
Re: Larry Johnson Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc2guy View Post
I think LJ and WP were signed in the offseason for one reason only...Shanahan wasn't sure that Clinton was going to buy in and be a team guy and they needed a veteran in the backfield to lead the young guys. With CP stepping up and LJ looking ancient, this was a foregone conclusion.

I would look for Shanahan to try and find a hidden gem either through a trade or in the late round of the draft. He has never looked for first (or even second) round talent at RB...just young guys with a quick initial cut and burst.

You don't have to be Chris Johnson to do well in Shanahan's run system, but you better have a decent first cut and some explosion through the hole. Clinton, god love him, just doesn't have the burst any more. LJ didn't have either.

BTW, on a personal note, I couldn't be happier to see that d-bag misogynist shown the door.
He took Tatum Bell in the 2nd round.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:33 AM   #60
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,030
Re: Larry Johnson Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
My question is why did we get him? Who is hurt? I just read on PFT we have "multiple" injuries to teamers. Who?
Yeah, I think PFT was wrong about that.

But I also think that Shanny wants to try someone else at returns until Banks learns not to put the ball on the ground.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31767 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25