Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


'Boys' Henson, Jones Looking Impressive

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2004, 05:49 PM   #1
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
'Boys' Henson, Jones Looking Impressive

God, just when I thought the Cowboys were down for the count, it looks like they might have gotten new life in QB Henson and RB Jones.

Drew Henson was slated as the 1st overall draft pick before opting to go into baseball. He was 6/6 last week and looks good today.

Julius Jones was the Cowboys top draft pick last year and is looking like a future star. He's fast, agile, and has good vision.

It's early in the game, but it looks like us 'Skins fans may have reason to be nervous with these new, young additions to the Cowboys.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-25-2004, 06:03 PM   #2
Special Teams
 
aehs77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: silver spring
Age: 29
Posts: 486
give them a little time they'll stink up the joint
aehs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 07:04 PM   #3
Impact Rookie
 
Cush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Northern Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 963
what's the deal with these Red-Orange jerseys that Chicago has?
Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 07:21 PM   #4
Camp Scrub
 
Skins4SB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 38
Henson looks good? I can't say I agree. Jones does look good and that is bad for us
Skins4SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 07:34 PM   #5
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Henson looked good on the first drive and then he looked like crap. He completed only 25% of his passes for 31 yards and an INT. Pfffew, false alarm.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 08:29 PM   #6
Special Teams
 
la73hof's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Naples, Florida
Age: 42
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramseyfan
Henson looked good on the first drive and then he looked like crap. He completed only 25% of his passes for 31 yards and an INT. Pfffew, false alarm.
The (truly) offensive OL play in pass protection and play calling wouldnt have anything to do with Henson's play would it?

Looked like Joe Gibbs calling plays!

But we should have drafted Steven Jackson I tell ya...
__________________
"I'll go on the record that i am a LA fan"--redsk1

Thanks!
la73hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 08:43 PM   #7
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,872
yup, jackson would be a lot more worrisome than jones... he had a good game today, but jackson will be the better back over the haul.
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 09:10 PM   #8
Special Teams
 
la73hof's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Naples, Florida
Age: 42
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop
yup, jackson would be a lot more worrisome than jones... he had a good game today, but jackson will be the better back over the haul.
Just like Ramsey a better pro than Henson too I presume

Jones has better speed and elusiveness than Jackson...Jackson will never put up the numbers Jones does because Martz is an idiot and Faulk is still ahead of him

I still like the fact we selected Jones and got a 1st rounder from Buffalo as opposed to giving up Baliey, a 2nd round draft pick, 8 years 50 plus mil and a 10+ mil signing bonus to acquire Portis

And forget about Brunnel's 7 yr, 43 mil contract with an 8.6 mil SB AND the 3rd round pick given up..


But thats just me
__________________
"I'll go on the record that i am a LA fan"--redsk1

Thanks!
la73hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 09:21 PM   #9
Special Teams
 
jrocx69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas
Age: 33
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cush
what's the deal with these Red-Orange jerseys that Chicago has?
1946 throw back jersey
jrocx69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 10:03 PM   #10
Impact Rookie
 
skins009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 528
Henson looks good? You must be watching a different game than me.
skins009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 11:28 PM   #11
Registered User
 
offiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: sparta, new jersey [ northern jersey ]
Age: 50
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by la73hof
Just like Ramsey a better pro than Henson too I presume

Jones has better speed and elusiveness than Jackson...Jackson will never put up the numbers Jones does because Martz is an idiot and Faulk is still ahead of him

I still like the fact we selected Jones and got a 1st rounder from Buffalo as opposed to giving up Baliey, a 2nd round draft pick, 8 years 50 plus mil and a 10+ mil signing bonus to acquire Portis

And forget about Brunnel's 7 yr, 43 mil contract with an 8.6 mil SB AND the 3rd round pick given up..


But thats just me
Henson is a stupid head and alway's will be, cowboy's will waste alot of time trying to develope this kid but it's all for not, Ramsey will be 10 times the QB Henson will ever be, Henson has all the physical tool's you could want in a QB but that's where it end's, he will fail in Dallas for the same reason he failed with the Yankees he doesn't have any instinks for the game, good luck!

Bailey was gone regardless so we recieved a top flight back who is 23 years old, irregardless how you aquire a back if he's a star you will have to pay him. #2 was more than I wanted to give up but who's to say that pick would have amounted to anything we more than made up for it with the rest of our draft, 1 soon to be big time TE in Cooley and 2 future starting offensive linemen.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 12:29 AM   #12
Special Teams
 
la73hof's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Naples, Florida
Age: 42
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss
Henson is a stupid head and alway's will be, cowboy's will waste alot of time trying to develope this kid but it's all for not, Ramsey will be 10 times the QB Henson will ever be, Henson has all the physical tool's you could want in a QB but that's where it end's, he will fail in Dallas for the same reason he failed with the Yankees he doesn't have any instinks for the game, good luck!

Bailey was gone regardless so we recieved a top flight back who is 23 years old, irregardless how you aquire a back if he's a star you will have to pay him. #2 was more than I wanted to give up but who's to say that pick would have amounted to anything we more than made up for it with the rest of our draft, 1 soon to be big time TE in Cooley and 2 future starting offensive linemen.
Thanks for the chuckle...
__________________
"I'll go on the record that i am a LA fan"--redsk1

Thanks!
la73hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 01:27 AM   #13
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,237
What did Henson do in college? Very little. I believe Desmond Howard went to Michigan and was acclaimed as a great receiver. I bet their QBs follow the same trends.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 04:55 AM   #14
Special Teams
 
bedlamVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 389
He didn't have a full collage football season as i belive but he looked lost after the first drive heh like someone who hasn't played alot of football at the top level. I don't know if he can learn the football insticincts he is sadly lacking. He has skills no doubt but the overall talent and drive I don't think so.
bedlamVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 10:30 AM   #15
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,237
Quote:
He didn't have a full collage football season
exactly why I asked that rhetorical question!
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28482 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25