Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Question that needs an answer before the night is over

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2010, 08:44 PM   #1
Camp Scrub
 
SportsFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 53
Question that needs an answer before the night is over

Why in the hell did the skins not blitz kevin kolb not ONE TIME once he entered the game? I mean they just let him sit back there and dink and dunk his way down the field and came very close to losing the game because of this stupid defensve strategy.


Did anyone else besides me almost have a STROKE on the last play of the game?
SportsFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-03-2010, 08:48 PM   #2
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,301
Re: Question that needs an answer before the night is over

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsFanatic View Post
Why in the hell did the skins not blitz kevin kolb not ONE TIME once he entered the game? I mean they just let him sit back there and dink and dunk his way down the field and came very close to losing the game because of this stupid defensve strategy.


Did anyone else besides me almost have a STROKE on the last play of the game?
Maybe because they got killed the last 2 weeks before today.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:48 PM   #3
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,429
Re: Question that needs an answer before the night is over

Probably because we didn't want Jackson or Maclin torching us. I thought it was a good game plan on D.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:49 PM   #4
Camp Scrub
 
SportsFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 53
Re: Question that needs an answer before the night is over

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Maybe because they got killed the last 2 weeks before today.

Kolb doesn;t have big play potential so for them to take it away was stupid.
SportsFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #5
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 10,591
Re: Question that needs an answer before the night is over

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsFanatic View Post
Why in the hell did the skins not blitz kevin kolb not ONE TIME once he entered the game? I mean they just let him sit back there and dink and dunk his way down the field and came very close to losing the game because of this stupid defensve strategy.


Did anyone else besides me almost have a STROKE on the last play of the game?
Dink and dunk all you want...rather that than big plays for touchdowns.

I didnt have a stroke at first, just until I saw the replay
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:51 PM   #6
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,429
Re: Question that needs an answer before the night is over

Hard to argue with the results. 12 points is a nice defensive effort.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:51 PM   #7
Camp Scrub
 
SportsFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 53
Re: Question that needs an answer before the night is over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Probably because we didn't want Jackson or Maclin torching us. I thought it was a good game plan on D.
But it was a game plan that kept their DRIVES ALIVE. Why not go after kolb since he is not a big play QB?
SportsFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:53 PM   #8
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,301
Re: Question that needs an answer before the night is over

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsFanatic View Post
But it was a game plan that kept their DRIVES ALIVE. Why not go after kolb since he is not a big play QB?
How can you say that? The guy hasn't even started 10 games in his career.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:55 PM   #9
Camp Scrub
 
SportsFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 53
Re: Question that needs an answer before the night is over

I have never in my life been so mad after a victory. I was on the edge of my seat the entire 4th qtr and maclin came within a finger tip of a winning TD.

Now that was a good game plan if Vick was in the game but with Kolb you just go after him and force him to throw
SportsFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:56 PM   #10
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,429
Re: Question that needs an answer before the night is over

Relax dude, we won. Enjoy it.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:57 PM   #11
Camp Scrub
 
SportsFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 53
Re: Question that needs an answer before the night is over

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
How can you say that? The guy hasn't even started 10 games in his career.

I seen enough of Kolb to know if won't hurt you with his legs so it's best to go after him on 3rd and long.
SportsFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:57 PM   #12
Impact Rookie
 
tootergray34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 681
Re: Question that needs an answer before the night is over

on another note...how about that horrible drop pick 6 that one eagle defender had? that was a catch he makes nine times out of ten! total break for us there.

defense played awesome today, I don't care, our O kind of put em in a bad spot 2nd half when we stalled out a lot.
__________________
---HAIL!!!---
tootergray34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:00 PM   #13
Camp Scrub
 
SportsFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 53
Re: Question that needs an answer before the night is over

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootergray34 View Post
on another note...how about that horrible drop pick 6 that one eagle defender had? that was a catch he makes nine times out of ten! total break for us there.

defense played awesome today, I don't care, our O kind of put em in a bad spot 2nd half when we stalled out a lot.

I wouldn't say awesome because if that was the case I wouldnt have had rapid heartbeats in the final mins.
SportsFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:06 PM   #14
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,134
Re: Question that needs an answer before the night is over

Some people are never happy.
Our defense played great, they knocked Vick out of the game, kept the rushing game in check and kept the other team to only one touchdown./
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #15
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: Question that needs an answer before the night is over

I thought this was going to be an important question. Does this really need to be answered tonight?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28646 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25