Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


RUMOR: Skins Want To Deal Devin Thomas

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 03:00 PM   #46
Special Teams
 
aceinthehouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Springfield,Missouri
Posts: 463
Re: RUMOR: Skins Want To Deal Devin Thomas

Trading DT for VJ would be freakin' awesome!!!

We get a TRUE #1 wr...
DT goes to the AFC,where he won't burn our ass even if he becomes good..(which probably won't happen,if he's stupid and can't run routes)
Our offense becomes quite deadly by adding this fast 6'5" stud and our Offense is ranked #13th currently...(G.B. is 14th btw..)
and it gives us a true red zone offensive threat that we really don't have at all at the wr position.

With a WR core of
Vincent Jackson #1
Santana Moss #2
Anthony Armstrong #3
Joey Galloway #4
Roydell Williams #5
Brandon Banks #6

Gives us 5 of our 6 wr's can truly take a long pass to the house,at anytime...
This will also significantly open up our running game even more...

With those kinds of weapons and cooley and davis,teams will HAVE TO respect our passing game... Specially with a QB NOT AFRAID to throw the ball down the field.
__________________
The 1991 Redskins team,is the greatest team of all time. Their average margin of victory is the greatest of all Superbowl winning teams! HTTR!!
aceinthehouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-04-2010, 03:02 PM   #47
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 8,247
Re: RUMOR: Skins Want To Deal Devin Thomas

Give them DT and the 4th rounder from the Raiders next year for VJ.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:10 PM   #48
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,750
Re: RUMOR: Skins Want To Deal Devin Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
How were you able to quote saden1 1 minute before he posted
Excellent question Quake. And the answer is simple. I'm awesome.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:17 PM   #49
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: RUMOR: Skins Want To Deal Devin Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Give them DT and the 4th rounder from the Raiders next year for VJ.
Ya, this.

Except I think the deal would be a bit more attractive if you substitute Devin Thomas with a box of extra absorbant tampons. 1 box and the fourth rounder, and maybe toss in some preperation H so that GM in San Diego can quit being so damn uptight.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:23 PM   #50
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 8,247
Re: RUMOR: Skins Want To Deal Devin Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
Ya, this.

Except I think the deal would be a bit more attractive if you substitute Devin Thomas with a box of extra absorbant tampons. 1 box and the fourth rounder, and maybe toss in some preperation H so that GM in San Diego can quit being so damn uptight.
Maybe this is the reason they want to get rid of DT Eye Candy: Devin Thomas - essence.com

He's too pre-occupied being a beefcake than a football player.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:28 PM   #51
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 3,239
Re: RUMOR: Skins Want To Deal Devin Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Give them DT and the 4th rounder from the Raiders next year for VJ.
maybe i am mistaken but that would leave us with three picks and only one in the first four rounds. for me thats no dice.

from what i have seen from this team so far leads me to think that as of right now the coaches really don't know much at all about anyone on the team. if i'm wrong why did it take so long to give lj the boot, why did it take so long for alexander to get a chance, and why the f is highway 74 still open???

all i want to see is devin given an opportunity to be on the field with the first team and see what he can do. there is no way is hell that brandon banks should be in the game when we are inside the 10 yard line, put devin in and throw him a jumper we have to try it once to ever know if it will work
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:30 PM   #52
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 8,247
Re: RUMOR: Skins Want To Deal Devin Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
maybe i am mistaken but that would leave us with three picks and only one in the first four rounds. for me thats no dice.

from what i have seen from this team so far leads me to think that as of right now the coaches really don't know much at all about anyone on the team. if i'm wrong why did it take so long to give lj the boot, why did it take so long for alexander to get a chance, and why the f is highway 74 still open???

all i want to see is devin given an opportunity to be on the field with the first team and see what he can do. there is no way is hell that brandon banks should be in the game when we are inside the 10 yard line, put devin in and throw him a jumper we have to try it once to ever know if it will work
Try telling that to the coaches who have seen otherwise.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:38 PM   #53
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 3,239
Re: RUMOR: Skins Want To Deal Devin Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Try telling that to the coaches who have seen otherwise.
who have seen what? great practicing from stephon heyer?? all i'm saying is how do you or anyone for that matter have the slightest clue what dt can do if in a game with the first team offense.

at this point there is no reason to not put him in there. all anyone has said about him this year is how hard he is working and going with the program. i think he deserves at a minimum the opportunity and if he comes in and plays like ass then ship him out. but you have to have an opportunity
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:41 PM   #54
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 8,247
Re: RUMOR: Skins Want To Deal Devin Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
who have seen what? great practicing from stephon heyer?? all i'm saying is how do you or anyone for that matter have the slightest clue what dt can do if in a game with the first team offense.

at this point there is no reason to not put him in there. all anyone has said about him this year is how hard he is working and going with the program. i think he deserves at a minimum the opportunity and if he comes in and plays like ass then ship him out. but you have to have an opportunity
I agree, but you and I don't know what the coaches see day in and day out. There must be something negative about him, why else would you put a guy who was a drafted in the 2nd round on the block?
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:43 PM   #55
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,056
Re: RUMOR: Skins Want To Deal Devin Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Maybe this is the reason they want to get rid of DT Eye Candy: Devin Thomas - essence.com

He's too pre-occupied being a beefcake than a football player.
You have to be good at your profession before you get in a magazine!
Thomas and Kelly don't get it. They came in to the NFL as rookies thinking they were stars. Snyderatto really ****ed up that draft.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:49 PM   #56
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: RUMOR: Skins Want To Deal Devin Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Maybe this is the reason they want to get rid of DT Eye Candy: Devin Thomas - essence.com

He's too pre-occupied being a beefcake than a football player.
That's my problem, too. I'm beefcake with a 44 in. waistline.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:50 PM   #57
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 8,247
Re: RUMOR: Skins Want To Deal Devin Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
That's my problem, too. I'm beefcake with a 44 in. waistline.
More cervezas for you my friend!!
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:51 PM   #58
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 3,239
Re: RUMOR: Skins Want To Deal Devin Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I agree, but you and I don't know what the coaches see day in and day out. There must be something negative about him, why else would you put a guy who was a drafted in the 2nd round on the block?
i know i just don't know what the hell it could be, cause it's not his size, speed or athletic ability. i would just love to see them give him a chance is all. i know i really don't have a 10th of the knowledge that the coaching staff does, but if i was calling a play from the 5 yard line it'd be a jump ball to dt, not a bubble screen to brandon banks.
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:52 PM   #59
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 26
Posts: 12,574
Re: RUMOR: Skins Want To Deal Devin Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
maybe i am mistaken but that would leave us with three picks and only one in the first four rounds. for me thats no dice.

from what i have seen from this team so far leads me to think that as of right now the coaches really don't know much at all about anyone on the team. if i'm wrong why did it take so long to give lj the boot, why did it take so long for alexander to get a chance, and why the f is highway 74 still open???

all i want to see is devin given an opportunity to be on the field with the first team and see what he can do. there is no way is hell that brandon banks should be in the game when we are inside the 10 yard line, put devin in and throw him a jumper we have to try it once to ever know if it will work
We have a 1st and 2nd this yr.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:55 PM   #60
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,115
Re: RUMOR: Skins Want To Deal Devin Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
You have to be good at your profession before you get in a magazine!
Thomas and Kelly don't get it. They came in to the NFL as rookies thinking they were stars. Snyderatto really ****ed up that draft.
Well Kelly has always worked hard, but he just can't stay healthy. And to DT's credit, from all I've been told he has been working very hard. Staying late to work out individually with McCardell.

I can't really explain why he's not getting on the field more though.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33770 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25