Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


ESPNDallas: Cowboys Have Lowered The Bar

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2010, 03:01 PM   #46
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,725
Re: ESPNDallas: Cowboys Have Lowered The Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
The Cowboys suck because Romo sucks. Romo sucks because their offensive line sucks. Their offensive line sucks because their coaching sucks. Their coaching sucks because Jerry Jones sucks. Cowboys suck.
Can someone make this into a tablet as WARPATH LAW that we can use as the new banner?
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-15-2010, 03:03 PM   #47
The Starter
 
MonkFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 37
Posts: 1,840
Re: ESPNDallas: Cowboys Have Lowered The Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Bet he's a Lakers fan too.

And Duke.
HEY ! You leave Duke out of this ! Oh I'm sorry, you leave The Reigning NCAA Mens Basketball Champion Duke Blue Delvils out of this !
__________________
Catch me on YouTube !

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:03 PM   #48
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,932
Re: ESPNDallas: Cowboys Have Lowered The Bar

Jerry and the Cowboys FO pulled a classic Vinny Cerratto. Their biggest need was Offensive line and they drafted WR Dez Bryant. HA! Plus this was a draft rich and over flowing in offensive and defensive lineman. Who the hell drafts a WR in the 1st round? Stupid.
Thank god our new FO is more worried about winning then filling seats and making headlines.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:07 PM   #49
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,725
Re: ESPNDallas: Cowboys Have Lowered The Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Very good article. I hope no one in the Dallas organization reads it!


That actually sums up the DT vs AA debate here as well.

A side note - why is the Metrodome the nosiest place to play?
Answer: Enclosed buildings allow the sound to rebound back into the audience whereas stadiums with no roof do not. A dome is better than an enclosed stadium, Cowgirls stadium for example, because the rounded shape rebounds sound better than in a stadium that is more square or rectangular because the sound can get caught and trapped in the corners.
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:10 PM   #50
The Starter
 
MonkFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 37
Posts: 1,840
Re: ESPNDallas: Cowboys Have Lowered The Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I hope they finish 2-14
2-14 ? I hope they finish 1-15
__________________
Catch me on YouTube !

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:05 PM   #51
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: ESPNDallas: Cowboys Have Lowered The Bar

A picture is worth a thousand words.

firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #52
Special Teams
 
LavaRnChad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 183
Re: Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I'm not really sure about the "good ol days" angle of the article. Were things really better under Parcells? They made the postseason twice, went 0-2, and failed to win the division.

Parcells contributed because he put legitimate offensive talent on the roster without a lot of high picks. But Wade has arguably contributed more by developing that first round defensive talent that was ticketed for bust-city.

You can compare their records: Parcells' "accountability" didn't bring Dallas any more wins than Wade's "aw-shucks" attitude.
Alot of people had the misconception that Parcells was better for Dallas than Phillips but the numbers prove otherwise. I still remember when Parcells drafted Julius Jones instead of Steven Jackson. Too funny. Parcells didn't want D-Ware, but JJ overrode his decision to make the pick sadly to say. With that said, I would take WP over JH as our D-Coord. anyday of the week.
__________________
Lavar and B-Mitch speaks TRUTH. Larry Michael sucks and Joey T. is WACK! (Proud to be an inspiration to mooby) *BOOM!!! MNF proves my argument still LIVES!!!
LavaRnChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:14 PM   #53
Special Teams
 
LavaRnChad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 183
Re: Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I'm not really sure about the "good ol days" angle of the article. Were things really better under Parcells? They made the postseason twice, went 0-2, and failed to win the division.

Parcells contributed because he put legitimate offensive talent on the roster without a lot of high picks. But Wade has arguably contributed more by developing that first round defensive talent that was ticketed for bust-city.

You can compare their records: Parcells' "accountability" didn't bring Dallas any more wins than Wade's "aw-shucks" attitude.
Alot of people had the misconception that Parcells was better for Dallas than Phillips but the numbers prove otherwise. I still remember when Parcells drafted Julius Jones instead of Steven Jackson. Too funny. Parcells didn't want D-Ware, but JJ overrode his decision to make the pick sadly to say. With that said, I would take WP over JH as our D-Coord. anyday of the week.
__________________
Lavar and B-Mitch speaks TRUTH. Larry Michael sucks and Joey T. is WACK! (Proud to be an inspiration to mooby) *BOOM!!! MNF proves my argument still LIVES!!!
LavaRnChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:21 PM   #54
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,848
Re: Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavaRnChad View Post
Alot of people had the misconception that Parcells was better for Dallas than Phillips but the numbers prove otherwise. I still remember when Parcells drafted Julius Jones instead of Steven Jackson. Too funny. Parcells didn't want D-Ware, but JJ overrode his decision to make the pick sadly to say. With that said, I would take WP over JH as our D-Coord. anyday of the week.
Parcells turned around a culture that was seriously messed up. Much like Shanahan is trying to do here. Do you think WP would have done the same with the teams that JJ had mangled earlier in the decade? Parcells set up the team(not every player, but a solid base) that WP has managed the last few years. I tend to believe Parcells would have had them in the NFC Championship atleast once, and possibly to the SB. WP has never shown that same ability, despite his excellent regular season record.

I agree that WP would have been an excellent DC but now he is stained with cowpuke.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:23 PM   #55
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,880
Re: ESPNDallas: Cowboys Have Lowered The Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Jerry and the Cowboys FO pulled a classic Vinny Cerratto. Their biggest need was Offensive line and they drafted WR Dez Bryant. HA! Plus this was a draft rich and over flowing in offensive and defensive lineman. Who the hell drafts a WR in the 1st round? Stupid.
Thank god our new FO is more worried about winning then filling seats and making headlines.
This post is dead on.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:09 PM   #56
Camp Scrub
 
Coool3y47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toano Virginia
Posts: 37
Re: ESPNDallas: Cowboys Have Lowered The Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkFan4Life View Post
HEY ! You leave Duke out of this ! Oh I'm sorry, you leave The Reigning NCAA Mens Basketball Champion Duke Blue Delvils out of this !

Cut the nets!!!!!!!!

Go blue Devils lol.

Oh yea but uhh about those cowboys They should change their name to possums they play dead at home and get killed on the road
Coool3y47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:16 PM   #57
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,436
Re: ESPNDallas: Cowboys Have Lowered The Bar

It just made me warm all over to read that -- you reap what you sow, the only reason that team had any degree of success is the insane amount of talent they have all over the field (I'm sorry but it's true).
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:23 PM   #58
Camp Scrub
 
Coool3y47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toano Virginia
Posts: 37
Re: ESPNDallas: Cowboys Have Lowered The Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
It just made me warm all over to read that -- you reap what you sow, the only reason that team had any degree of success is the insane amount of talent they have all over the field (I'm sorry but it's true).
Talent without discipline is like an octopus on roller skates. There's plenty of movement, but you never know if it's going to be forward, backwards, or sideways.
Coool3y47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:29 PM   #59
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,335
Re: ESPNDallas: Cowboys Have Lowered The Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkFan4Life View Post
HEY ! You leave Duke out of this ! Oh I'm sorry, you leave The Reigning NCAA Mens Basketball Champion Duke Blue Delvils out of this !
We were talking about teams with bandwagon fans. Sorry to break it to true fans of Duke, but they've got a lot of bandwagon fans just like the Cowgirls, Lakers, Yankees, and Notre Dame (although ND has been sucking it up a lot lately).
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:52 PM   #60
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: ESPNDallas: Cowboys Have Lowered The Bar

It's a good thing because Texas being the second largest state is most likely to have the second largest population of midgets. Everony deerves the right to sit down and order a drink.

Oh wait...DA DA DUM CH!
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.35938 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25