Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Anyone bothered that McNabb STILL has no new contract??

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2010, 03:27 PM   #46
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,769
Re: Anyone bothered that McNabb STILL has no new contract??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Wishful thinking, but no way Indy lets him sniff the open market.
It is wishful thinking but anything can happen if the timing and offer is right. I dont think anyone ever thought Joe Montana would leave SF, Joe Namath leave the Jets, Johnny U leave the Colts, or Favre not be a Packer. It unlikely but the Skins have $ and an owner that isnt afraid to spend it.
irish is offline  

Advertisements
Old 10-25-2010, 03:37 PM   #47
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,146
Re: Anyone bothered that McNabb STILL has no new contract??

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
It is wishful thinking but anything can happen if the timing and offer is right. I dont think anyone ever thought Joe Montana would leave SF, Joe Namath leave the Jets, Johnny U leave the Colts, or Favre not be a Packer. It unlikely but the Skins have $ and an owner that isnt afraid to spend it.
True, but Manning is neither a shell of his former self nor do the Colts have an obvious heir apparent sitting on their bench as was the case the players and teams you mentioned
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 10-25-2010, 03:53 PM   #48
Special Teams
 
LavaRnChad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 183
Re: Anyone bothered that McNabb STILL has no new contract??

I want us to groom or pick up a QB with some promise. Let McNabb go at the end of the year. We can win without him, because of our developing running game. If we keep him, he's gonna choke in the bigger games the next 2 or 3 years like he did the end of last year in those back to back games against Dallas. I just don't have the faith in him to win playoff games at this point. I know what he did in the past, but that was the past.
__________________
Lavar and B-Mitch speaks TRUTH. Larry Michael sucks and Joey T. is WACK! (Proud to be an inspiration to mooby) *BOOM!!! MNF proves my argument still LIVES!!!
LavaRnChad is offline  
Old 10-25-2010, 03:56 PM   #49
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,769
Re: Anyone bothered that McNabb STILL has no new contract??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
True, but Manning is neither a shell of his former self nor do the Colts have an obvious heir apparent sitting on their bench as was the case the players and teams you mentioned
True but like I said if the timing and offer are right Manning wont care what QB the Colts have waiting in the wings. Who would have imagined the Eagles would have traded McNabb to a division rival. When it comes to sports I never say never.
irish is offline  
Old 10-25-2010, 04:01 PM   #50
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,080
Re: Anyone bothered that McNabb STILL has no new contract??

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
The only reason we did not loose the game yesterday is because Hall had 4 ints. Cannot count on him to make 4 ints. every game. McNabb gave them 7 right away. We did not forget last year but a change in QB was not our only move and we do have new coaches. My problem with McNabb is the easy stuff he keeps throwing into the ground.
McNabb and Cutelr were not the only good Qb's to have a bad game last Sunday. A certain Superbowl MVP Drew Brees threw FOUR interceptions against CLEVELAND! HA! F-ing Cleveland.
Should New Orleans look to dump Mr. Brees? No.
It is tough to be good every week in the NFL. That all I was trying to say.
McNabb is a solid NFL QB. Not the best, but certainly not the worst. I am fine with him. I like his leadership and ability to bring the players together. His teammates respect him. I think you Fantasy football types want us to throw the ball every down are not happy. Just win baby!
Defensewins is offline  
Old 10-25-2010, 04:01 PM   #51
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,441
Re: Anyone bothered that McNabb STILL has no new contract??

I would like to keep him one year and have his replacement be drafted and have a year to learn. This coming year's quarterback class is pretty deep and there's no reason we can't get a decent QB.
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline  
Old 10-25-2010, 04:06 PM   #52
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,080
Re: Anyone bothered that McNabb STILL has no new contract??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
I think he came pretty close to losing that game for us on Sunday. He was out 'tarded by Cutler, but except for the most exquisitely timed delay of game, he almost mind ****ed us into a pick six.
Nobody is perfect. Mcnabb will have an occasional bad game or two or three until all the pieces come together for the Redskins offense and coaching staff. Same with our defense. Our coaches are just now stariting to let AH play. Wow,what a revelation on their part.
Defensewins is offline  
Old 10-25-2010, 04:11 PM   #53
Wildcard Bitches
 
RobH4413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bethesda, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 2,508
Re: Anyone bothered that McNabb STILL has no new contract??

Why stop at Peyton Manning. We should make a run at Adrian Peterson, DeMarcus Ware, and Andre Johnson too.
__________________
This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!
RobH4413 is offline  
Old 10-25-2010, 04:24 PM   #54
Special Teams
 
LavaRnChad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 183
Re: Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
McNabb and Cutelr were not the only good Qb's to have a bad game last Sunday. A certain Superbowl MVP Drew Brees threw FOUR interceptions against CLEVELAND! HA! F-ing Cleveland.
Should New Orleans look to dump Mr. Brees? No.
It is tough to be good every week in the NFL. That all I was trying to say.
McNabb is a solid NFL QB. Not the best, but certainly not the worst. I am fine with him. I like his leadership and ability to bring the players together. His teammates respect him. I think you Fantasy football types want us to throw the ball every down are not happy. Just win baby!
Brees has won a SB, Mc5 hasn't. Not a good comparison.
__________________
Lavar and B-Mitch speaks TRUTH. Larry Michael sucks and Joey T. is WACK! (Proud to be an inspiration to mooby) *BOOM!!! MNF proves my argument still LIVES!!!
LavaRnChad is offline  
Old 10-25-2010, 04:34 PM   #55
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,146
Re: Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavaRnChad View Post
Brees has won a SB, Mc5 hasn't. Not a good comparison.
That's a weak response. Just because Brees has a SB ring and McNabb doesn't doesn't mean that you can't compare the performances of both yesterday.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 10-25-2010, 04:42 PM   #56
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 86,444
Re: Anyone bothered that McNabb STILL has no new contract??

Didn't Manning have a 6 pick game once? Just sayin'. Even the greats have bad games.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 10-25-2010, 04:50 PM   #57
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,080
Re: Anyone bothered that McNabb STILL has no new contract??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Didn't Manning have a 6 pick game once? Just sayin'. Even the greats have bad games.
Last Superbowl...didn't he play like shit and threw a few key interceptions that cost them the game?
Defensewins is offline  
Old 10-25-2010, 04:56 PM   #58
Camp Scrub
 
Deisel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bethesda, MD
Posts: 6
Re: Anyone bothered that McNabb STILL has no new contract??

Partially new to this forum

Does anyone feel like they're in Philly?? Seriously, 7 games and McNabb doesnt deserve to be a Skin? Just let him go after the season? It's the FIRST year under a totally NEW regime for the Skins on top of McNabb's first year on the team! I actually have confidence in our offense right now when on the field. Sure he hasn't been awesome but I don't believe he's lost any games for us. We still have tons of work to do to get this team to where Shanny wants it, tons. We're 4-3, you couldnt ask for anything more right now. We've also been in every game. I'm sure both sides are just fine in terms of a contract. Let's just take it a week at a time.
Deisel is offline  
Old 10-25-2010, 05:00 PM   #59
Special Teams
 
LavaRnChad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 183
Re: Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
That's a weak response. Just because Brees has a SB ring and McNabb doesn't doesn't mean that you can't compare the performances of both yesterday.
Ok. Do you think Brees will have a few more games like yesterday? Hell no! Do you think Mc5 will? You can almost bet on it. And that is not a weak response right there...
__________________
Lavar and B-Mitch speaks TRUTH. Larry Michael sucks and Joey T. is WACK! (Proud to be an inspiration to mooby) *BOOM!!! MNF proves my argument still LIVES!!!
LavaRnChad is offline  
Old 10-25-2010, 05:12 PM   #60
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,146
Re: Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavaRnChad View Post
Ok. Do you think Brees will have a few more games like yesterday? Hell no! Do you think Mc5 will? You can almost bet on it. And that is not a weak response right there...
Uh...yeah, much stronger response right there. Shut me up, that's for sure
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27584 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25