Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


It's F-ing Bears Week!

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: How many times will the Redskins sack Cutler this Sunday?
5+ 18 30.51%
4 26 44.07%
3 9 15.25%
2 3 5.08%
1 3 5.08%
0 0 0%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2010, 10:03 PM   #61
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,348
Re: It's F-ing Bears Week!

imo we shouldn't be favored they are 4-2 and we are 3-3. On the road at that
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-20-2010, 10:28 PM   #62
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
imo we shouldn't be favored they are 4-2 and we are 3-3. On the road at that
So the team with the better record ALWAYS is favored. When you look at two teams you look at the individual matchups and general schemes. I would say TW has earned a favorable matchup against Peppers - not saying he will win every battle but he will hold his own I think. Urlacher did not practice today so I don't know their LB status, and their corners are average. That means our offense ought to have some success attacking the middle and deep parts (which Mcnabb and KS love to do). As for their offense, obviously Orakpo gives us an advantage in pass rush and if AH plays (well) he gets a push too(unless E Williams knows a secret to stopping him). The biggest threat they have is forte and he scares me a lot. If Addai can run like that up our center Forte may break rushing records.
If you look at the teams we have faced: houston, philly, indy,packers are no slouches and we have matched up well there.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:14 PM   #63
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,348
Re: It's F-ing Bears Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
So the team with the better record ALWAYS is favored. When you look at two teams you look at the individual matchups and general schemes. I would say TW has earned a favorable matchup against Peppers - not saying he will win every battle but he will hold his own I think. Urlacher did not practice today so I don't know their LB status, and their corners are average. That means our offense ought to have some success attacking the middle and deep parts (which Mcnabb and KS love to do). As for their offense, obviously Orakpo gives us an advantage in pass rush and if AH plays (well) he gets a push too(unless E Williams knows a secret to stopping him). The biggest threat they have is forte and he scares me a lot. If Addai can run like that up our center Forte may break rushing records.
If you look at the teams we have faced: houston, philly, indy,packers are no slouches and we have matched up well there.
No but they are home and usually when 2 teams are about equal, they have a 2 or 3 point line. I really think this will be another nail biter. The Bears Defense is solid, they dont give up alot on the ground and thats going to be a KEY factor with us Sunday. McNabb has had 1 great game and the others have been AVG to Good. I think we will win this game but I don't have a problem being the underdog.

16 PPG and only 94 yards per game on the ground for the bears D.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:49 AM   #64
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpaint View Post
I wont lie I haven't seen them at all. Don't get me wrong I want the sacks but I don't see it happing but I do see a good D-fense outing.

WE WIN.
I've caught some streams. They're arguably worse than we were last year. Sometimes they go max protect, and Cutler still finds himself on the ground.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:36 AM   #65
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,877
Re: It's F-ing Bears Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
No but they are home and usually when 2 teams are about equal, they have a 2 or 3 point line. I really think this will be another nail biter. The Bears Defense is solid, they dont give up alot on the ground and thats going to be a KEY factor with us Sunday. McNabb has had 1 great game and the others have been AVG to Good. I think we will win this game but I don't have a problem being the underdog.

16 PPG and only 94 yards per game on the ground for the bears D.
Yeah their D will certainly be a challenge, but I still think they are susceptible to medium and long passes, which is what we kind of excel at. I doubt we will do much running at all. I also wonder if Shanahan knows how to get into Cutler's head.

I can see being the underdog, we certainly haven't blown anyone out (yet) but if there were a case where the records don't reflect the performances I would think this would be one of those type matchups.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:15 AM   #66
Special Teams
 
LavaRnChad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 183
Re: Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
You obviously haven't seen the Bears O-line.
No, he didn't see the Bears O-line. He was too busy listening to Larry Michael's greatest spins CD.
__________________
Lavar and B-Mitch speaks TRUTH. Larry Michael sucks and Joey T. is WACK! (Proud to be an inspiration to mooby) *BOOM!!! MNF proves my argument still LIVES!!!
LavaRnChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:32 AM   #67
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,643
Re: It's F-ing Bears Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
No but they are home and usually when 2 teams are about equal, they have a 2 or 3 point line. I really think this will be another nail biter. The Bears Defense is solid, they dont give up alot on the ground and thats going to be a KEY factor with us Sunday. McNabb has had 1 great game and the others have been AVG to Good. I think we will win this game but I don't have a problem being the underdog.

16 PPG and only 94 yards per game on the ground for the bears D.
Honestly, the way we had been running before the Colts game, I'll GLADLY take 94 yards...
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:13 AM   #68
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,849
Re: It's F-ing Bears Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Yeah their D will certainly be a challenge, but I still think they are susceptible to medium and long passes, which is what we kind of excel at. I doubt we will do much running at all. I also wonder if Shanahan knows how to get into Cutler's head.
I can see being the underdog, we certainly haven't blown anyone out (yet) but if there were a case where the records don't reflect the performances I would think this would be one of those type matchups.
I almost forgot about the Cutler/Shanahan dynamic. Shanny was a Cutler fan wasn't he?
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:16 AM   #69
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,439
Re: It's F-ing Bears Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I almost forgot about the Cutler/Shanahan dynamic. Shanny was a Cutler fan wasn't he?
He drafted him, so I guess yeah
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:32 AM   #70
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: It's F-ing Bears Week!

The more I read about the Bears, I think this will be a close, low-scoring, even ugly game. Special teams might be the difference, so don't kick to Hester!

This is an intriguing matchup for the NFC. I think both teams are middle of the pack, but a convincing victory would elevate the winner above mediocrity, for now at least. The Bears are in their position because the NFC North has been a big disappointment so far.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:09 AM   #71
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,580
Re: It's F-ing Bears Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
The more I read about the Bears, I think this will be a close, low-scoring, even ugly game. Special teams might be the difference, so don't kick to Hester!

This is an intriguing matchup for the NFC. I think both teams are middle of the pack, but a convincing victory would elevate the winner above mediocrity, for now at least. The Bears are in their position because the NFC North has been a big disappointment so far.
This probably will be a close game, and we are both middle of the pack teams with issues on both sides of the ball. Chicago Defense is absolutely no joke...but they can be inconsistent. Yeah they have a bad Oline, ours isnt so great itself. But their front 7 can be very aggressive and usually play solid. I think the difference will be which offense can play the best and turnovers are probably be the difference in the game.
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:30 AM   #72
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,107
Re: It's F-ing Bears Week!

One thing that worries me is how we play with a lead. When we went up 27-10 on Houston I figured it was business as usual, all we had to do from there was play smart football, don't turn the ball over, and run out the clock and we'd have an easy win. So if we do go up by a decent margin Sunday I'll be holding my breath to see if we can sustain that lead.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:03 PM   #73
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,725
Re: It's F-ing Bears Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Martz and Cutler is a match made in near heaven.
And by heaven you mean the opposite right? That's why Martz keeps calling 4 and 5 WR spread looks with an empty back field when the O line can't stop my great grandmother from blowing up the back field. Let's hope that continues this week.

And FYI, I saw someone say earlier they predicted Torain to go for 125 and a TD and that our running game was going to propel us. Don't count on that. After doing some fact checking...

Bears 2010 Defense
Rushing - Rank: 3rd Yards/G: 90.8
Passing - Rank: 18th Yards/G: 220.8

If anything its going to be our passing game that does it. I hope Cooley is back...
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:06 PM   #74
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,725
Re: It's F-ing Bears Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard View Post
Let's rack up some more wins in the conference. Grossman surely wants to play too.
Speaking of racking up points, let's go with oRAKpo doubling his sack total for the season this week. How's that for a prediction? If we don't get atleast 11 sacks in the first half I won't be satisfied. I don't want the Giants holding that record.
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:11 PM   #75
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,725
Re: It's F-ing Bears Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Skins 34
Da Bears 16
Speaking of Da Bears.... Always a classic.

__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33112 seconds with 11 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25