Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Graham Gano has to Go !!

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2011, 11:19 AM   #301
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,400
Re: Graham Gano has to Go !!

Some people just can't let Gano........sorry.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline  

Advertisements
Old 09-19-2011, 11:22 AM   #302
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Graham Gano has to Go !!

Wow this thread rears it's ugly head yet again.

Well for those who have issue's with Gano... like others have said if you can locate a better kicker please notify the Skins. I think it's pretty clear that if they had a better option they would have replaced Gano by now. They don't. So lets all get over it. But since we are in the mood to fire a kicker (because people just are being hatters) then we need to fire the guy who failed to block for him this week and allowed the block field goal.

How come there is no fire the Red Zone offense thread? shouldn't they be scoring so we don't have to put it all on the kicker? Over look the obvious to blame and fire the least responsible.
SBXVII is offline  
Old 09-19-2011, 11:22 AM   #303
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,565
Re: Graham Gano has to Go !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rypper11 View Post
Apparently Gano should have kicked it so hard that the pure force drove Cambell through the goal posts along with the ball.
LOL!!

This is sig worthy.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 09-19-2011, 11:30 AM   #304
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Graham Gano has to Go !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Gano and Reed are the go-to scapegoats. Every error they make is under the microscope.
I agree + he has the backing of the HC. This is Gano....

I hit 10 in a row in the preseason. Then everybody wanted to throw me under the bus after that first miss, Gano said. But I stay confident. Its just one kick at a time.
__________________
A revolution is coming and it will be televised.
Longtimefan is offline  
Old 09-19-2011, 11:30 AM   #305
Registered User
 
44ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Fortune Teller
Posts: 2,512
Re: Graham Gano has to Go !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Some people just can't let Gano........sorry.
Nice 53
44ever is offline  
Old 09-19-2011, 11:34 AM   #306
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Graham Gano has to Go !!

He made the game winner and his other blocked kick was not on him. With that said I do have a hard time watching when he comes out to try a FG.
firstdown is offline  
Old 09-19-2011, 11:41 AM   #307
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,537
Re: Graham Gano has to Go !!

A small pictorial to clear up any confusion.

Gano


Gnu



Gnip Gnop



Guido

__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968

Last edited by Alvin Walton; 09-19-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 09-19-2011, 11:51 AM   #308
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,066
Re: Graham Gano has to Go !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
I agree + he has the backing of the HC. This is Gano....

I hit 10 in a row in the preseason. Then everybody wanted to throw me under the bus after that first miss, Gano said. But I stay confident. Its just one kick at a time.
Did he say anything about giving the Cardinals starting position at the 40 yard line to begin the second half which effectively helped the Cardinals take the lead and give the Cards offense momentum? So we missed a short field goal to start the season, kicked the ball out of bounds the second game...so we are good with averaging a mistake a game? Like to see him bring it together this season, probably his last here if he doesnt. Im pulling for and want this guy to play consistently.

I would call Chauncy Stucky a scapegoat if he is blamed for the cards loss, I really wouldnt call guys who keep making mistakes scapegoats.
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 09-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #309
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 84,577
Re: Graham Gano has to Go !!

So, anything less than perfection is unacceptable for Gano?

The short field he gave the Cards was a mistake, but let's point out all the other mistakes that went down in the game too if we're gonna go that route.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 09-19-2011, 12:03 PM   #310
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,315
Re: Graham Gano has to Go !!

gano = "I win" in Spanish.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline  
Old 09-19-2011, 12:17 PM   #311
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,066
Re: Graham Gano has to Go !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
So, anything less than perfection is unacceptable for Gano?

The short field he gave the Cards was a mistake, but let's point out all the other mistakes that went down in the game too if we're gonna go that route.
Matty Im already booking hotels and flights to Indianapolis and have an early lead for superbowl tickets...I need to know my Reeds and Ganos are playing at the highest level in week 2 and are focused on the big picture.


Seriously though, preseason is just that and we need ganoid playing well with amount of close games we are in. Like I said, im pulling for him and lets have a complete game. Im regards for my distain as Reed as a starter, great job yesterday, and big play to seal the game.
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 09-19-2011, 12:39 PM   #312
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,441
Re: Graham Gano has to Go !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I would call Chauncy Stucky a scapegoat if he is blamed for the cards loss, I really wouldnt call guys who keep making mistakes scapegoats.
So what's your excuse for D. Hall? Guy makes tons of mistakes (even more than Gano), and yet because he makes a play once in a blue moon, he's all good in your book. The logic some of you apply is mind boggling to say the least.

Gano is a scapegoat, much like Matt Dodge was last year when the Giants blew a 21 point lead in the 4th and lost it on a punt return.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 09-19-2011 at 12:42 PM.
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 09-19-2011, 01:12 PM   #313
Special Teams
 
NLC1054's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 279
Re: Graham Gano has to Go !!

We won the game.

How many game winning field goals has this guy kicked for us?

He ain't perfect, but he's ours, damn it.
NLC1054 is offline  
Old 09-19-2011, 01:22 PM   #314
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,156
Re: Graham Gano has to Go !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
So what's your excuse for D. Hall? Guy makes tons of mistakes (even more than Gano), and yet because he makes a play once in a blue moon, he's all good in your book. The logic some of you apply is mind boggling to say the least.

Gano is a scapegoat, much like Matt Dodge was last year when the Giants blew a 21 point lead in the 4th and lost it on a punt return.
Don't take the bait Chico it's a trap!!!!! The D.Hall argument has been argued to death.
mooby is offline  
Old 09-19-2011, 01:30 PM   #315
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Graham Gano has to Go !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Did he say anything about giving the Cardinals starting position at the 40 yard line to begin the second half which effectively helped the Cardinals take the lead and give the Cards offense momentum? So we missed a short field goal to start the season, kicked the ball out of bounds the second game...so we are good with averaging a mistake a game? Like to see him bring it together this season, probably his last here if he doesnt. Im pulling for and want this guy to play consistently.

I would call Chauncy Stucky a scapegoat if he is blamed for the cards loss, I really wouldnt call guys who keep making mistakes scapegoats.
He started the 2nd half by kicking the ball out of bounds? Man I need to quit drinking durn the game because I don't even remember that.
firstdown is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.50325 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25