Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Graham Gano has to Go !!

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2010, 05:03 PM   #1
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,341
Graham Gano has to Go !!

Graham Gano has to be replaced --

The guy is 13 for 17 and among the worst in the league in terms of accuracy. He missed one from 37 yards out today that we could have really used. He missed a kick that could have won the game against Green Bay and he missed 2 in the game against Houston, one of which would have won the game in OT.

In my opinion, we need to look at picking up a kicker and releasing this guy because he is the opposite of clutch and I don't trust him with the game on the line.

edit: in the offseason -- I would agree that there aren't a whole lot of options to choose from
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 10-24-2010, 05:04 PM   #2
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Graham Gano has to Go !!

He is still better than Shitsam
Pocket$ $traight is offline  
Old 10-24-2010, 05:05 PM   #3
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Graham Gano has to Go !!

Word.

However, I think we should consider whether the holder is screwing things up as well.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline  
Old 10-24-2010, 05:05 PM   #4
The Starter
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,427
Re: Graham Gano has to Go !!

It is an issue that needs to be addressed.
CrustyRedskin is offline  
Old 10-24-2010, 05:06 PM   #5
The Starter
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,427
Re: Graham Gano has to Go !!

It seems like from the mid 30's back he just aint gonna hit it.
CrustyRedskin is offline  
Old 10-24-2010, 05:07 PM   #6
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,817
Re: Graham Gano has to Go !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
Graham Gano has to be replaced --

The guy is 13 for 17 and among the worst in the league in terms of accuracy. He missed one from 37 yards out today that we could have really used. He missed a kick that could have won the game against Green Bay and he missed 2 in the game against Houston, one of which would have won the game in OT.

In my opinion, we need to look at picking up a kicker and releasing this guy because he is the opposite of clutch and I don't trust him with the game on the line.
Would you rather have Suisham? On that kick that hit the goalpost, I mean I can forgive him for that. That was extremely close, I mean one more foot to the right or 1 foot higher and it's good. It hit it at the highest point possible, and besides winds are a huge factor in that. He hit one earlier from further out and the wind was a factor in that one too.
mooby is offline  
Old 10-24-2010, 05:08 PM   #7
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,341
Re: Graham Gano has to Go !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Would you rather have Suisham? On that kick that hit the goalpost, I mean I can forgive him for that. That was extremely close, I mean one more foot to the right or 1 foot higher and it's good. It hit it at the highest point possible, and besides winds are a huge factor in that. He hit one earlier from further out and the wind was a factor in that one too.
That's like saying something smells better than s***. Not many professional kickers are going to be worse that Suisham.
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline  
Old 10-24-2010, 05:10 PM   #8
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,663
Re: Graham Gano has to Go !!

Who would be out there to replace him?

He seems ok at times, and just off at times. I just don't know who you would have to replace him.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline  
Old 10-24-2010, 05:12 PM   #9
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,273
Re: Graham Gano has to Go !!

I second this, he sucks. We need to draft the best bad ass college kicker in the 5or 6th round this draft, and make him a redskin staple. Given our history for kickers (counting EVERY kicker all the way back after Lohmiller) the odds do not look especially good for us. It definietly is an area that needs addressing though......
Mechanix544 is offline  
Old 10-24-2010, 05:15 PM   #10
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,757
Re: Graham Gano has to Go !!

Shayne Graham was available, but I don't know how much of an upgrade he would be. However, given how close these games have been, it doesn't help having a guy that can't make a FG from beyond 40 yds. That being said, I think our long snapper sucks too.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is online now  
Old 10-24-2010, 05:23 PM   #11
Special Teams
 
aceinthehouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Springfield,Missouri
Posts: 463
Re: Graham Gano has to Go !!

Guys..need to remember
He's still basically a rookie..
He did play at the end of last season as an official rookie,but I like him.

Yes,he's missed his share of kicks,but he's also hit some big ones too.
I actually think he's opposite of Squeezim'...

He misses the kicks that are not killers...and makes the clutch kicks...

Like today...he made the clutch 45 yarder to go up 17-14,but missed his 2nd try after a doink...but really,he was not a killer because if they kick a fg...we are in OT

If they score a TD..we lose anyway by 1

Remember...he made the big kick against the Texcans from 52...then was iced..that's no gimme

He makes the big kick against greenbay to win

No way would i dump a young kicker GUYS!! NO way!

We had a kicker on this squad a few years a go that missed his share of kicks as well..

By the name of David Akers..

No way do I give up on this young kid!
Were 4-3...enjoy it
go smoke a bowl or something
__________________
The 1991 Redskins team,is the greatest team of all time. Their average margin of victory is the greatest of all Superbowl winning teams! HTTR!!
aceinthehouse is offline  
Old 10-24-2010, 05:36 PM   #12
Special Teams
 
TIFOSOdeiREDSKINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 137
Re: Graham Gano has to Go !!

as much as i hated suisham wasn't he the best kicker in the league going into his epic collapse? i thought he was like 15-15, then went 2-6 on his rampage of suck, missing all clutch or game-winning kicks. no excuse and i'm glad he's gone, but i wouldn't say the guy was a fluke professional.
TIFOSOdeiREDSKINS is offline  
Old 10-24-2010, 05:46 PM   #13
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: Graham Gano has to Go !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinthehouse View Post
Guys..need to remember
He's still basically a rookie..
He did play at the end of last season as an official rookie,but I like him.

Yes,he's missed his share of kicks,but he's also hit some big ones too.
I actually think he's opposite of Squeezim'...

He misses the kicks that are not killers...and makes the clutch kicks...

Like today...he made the clutch 45 yarder to go up 17-14,but missed his 2nd try after a doink...but really,he was not a killer because if they kick a fg...we are in OT

If they score a TD..we lose anyway by 1

Remember...he made the big kick against the Texcans from 52...then was iced..that's no gimme

He makes the big kick against greenbay to win

No way would i dump a young kicker GUYS!! NO way!

We had a kicker on this squad a few years a go that missed his share of kicks as well..

By the name of David Akers..

No way do I give up on this young kid!
Were 4-3...enjoy it
go smoke a bowl or something
Yeah im with you. I mean he isnt clutch or anything but at this point he seems better then anyone else out there. Plus hes the only one that has been able to send kick offs to the endzone consistently since Hall, witch to me is pretty important.
__________________
mlmpetert is offline  
Old 10-24-2010, 05:48 PM   #14
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,499
Re: Graham Gano has to Go !!

Gano is young and has had different holders. In no way do I think he could be a Pro Bowl kicker, but cutting him now would be a knee jerk "fan" type of move that will not happen this season. Let's also keep in mind, he kicked the game winner against Green Bay, so let's cut him some slack.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline  
Old 10-24-2010, 05:57 PM   #15
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Graham Gano has to Go !!

This is a horrible thread as Gano has been one of our more consistent performers this year, especially on kickoffs.

He's been below average on field goals, but he's hitting close to 70% on the year. That's not particularly great, but if you think field goal are supposed to be a 100% proposition, then you wouldn't need an offense to get into the end zone ever. Luckily, we don't, no matter how many times we're allowed to start at the 50 yard line.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27134 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25