Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Changes needed during/after bye week

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2010, 08:31 PM   #61
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,899
Re: Changes needed during/after bye week

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;754495
1-Fix OL problems. Some changes are needed from the C all the way to the right of the line.
2-Time for Galloway to retire and promote Austin from the PS.
3-Cut back on penalties during returns by special teams.
4-Have McNabb work on his footwork.
5-If Torain is hurt for awhile bring in James Davis from the PS and see what he can do.
I guess #1 happened not by choice but attrition and look what a difference it made without Rabach and Hicks. Hopefully #2 and #5 will occur this week.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-22-2010, 12:01 AM   #62
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Changes needed during/after bye week

I know that there are several people (some mods definitely) that say there is an overreaction on the coaching backlash, now, that being said....

It shouldn't have taken injuries to figure out that Rabach is a turd. Seriously. Rabach has been an effing turnstile the whole year. So he gets hurt and Montgomery, who no one will mistake for Kevin Mawae, comes in and the line is without a doubt better. So WTF Shanahan?!

I have never said that MS should be fired or anything like that but I stand by my statements that this guy needs a reality check and some of his BS makes him appear as a fraud. He needs to come off his high horse (especially since he hasn't done dick in Washington and really didn't do much in Denver since 98).

This is what I find inexcusable:

- Mandating a 3-4 the same year you blow up the offense. No need for it (especially when you have 4-3 personnel).
- This childish idiotic feud with Haynesworth. He looks even more foolish every game he tries to "show Al" then on cue Al comes in and blows up the other team's backfield. What a joke...
-Extending Casey Rabach. WTF!!! You sat out a year to watch film and one of your first moves is extending the worst starting lineman on the team?
- Even worse than extending CR is effing starting him every week. I just threw up my bacon wrapped filet thinking how disgusting this is. To top it off, the line looks like the friggin' hogs in pass pro as soon as Rabach goes out. EFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
- Joey effing Galloway... nuff said. No excuse that this guy is on the team. I don't give a crap that he caught a big ball or two today. As many good catches he has had, he has just as many broken routes that hurt more (see last Monday night).

Alright, I feel a little better.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:09 AM   #63
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,406
Re: Changes needed during/after bye week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
I know that there are several people (some mods definitely) that say there is an overreaction on the coaching backlash, now, that being said....

It shouldn't have taken injuries to figure out that Rabach is a turd. Seriously. Rabach has been an effing turnstile the whole year. So he gets hurt and Montgomery, who no one will mistake for Kevin Mawae, comes in and the line is without a doubt better. So WTF Shanahan?!

I have never said that MS should be fired or anything like that but I stand by my statements that this guy needs a reality check and some of his BS makes him appear as a fraud. He needs to come off his high horse (especially since he hasn't done dick in Washington and really didn't do much in Denver since 98).

This is what I find inexcusable:

- Mandating a 3-4 the same year you blow up the offense. No need for it (especially when you have 4-3 personnel).
- This childish idiotic feud with Haynesworth. He looks even more foolish every game he tries to "show Al" then on cue Al comes in and blows up the other team's backfield. What a joke...
-Extending Casey Rabach. WTF!!! You sat out a year to watch film and one of your first moves is extending the worst starting lineman on the team?
- Even worse than extending CR is effing starting him every week. I just threw up my bacon wrapped filet thinking how disgusting this is. To top it off, the line looks like the friggin' hogs in pass pro as soon as Rabach goes out. EFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
- Joey effing Galloway... nuff said. No excuse that this guy is on the team. I don't give a crap that he caught a big ball or two today. As many good catches he has had, he has just as many broken routes that hurt more (see last Monday night).

Alright, I feel a little better.
You can add to that the head coach saying to the press that his starting QB, the face of the franchise, doesn't know the 2-minute drill. And sending the mediocre back up and pretty much give up on a possibly winnable game.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:13 AM   #64
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Changes needed during/after bye week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
You can add to that the head coach saying to the press that his starting QB, the face of the franchise, doesn't know the 2-minute drill. And sending the mediocre back up and pretty much give up on a possibly winnable game.

Lol I must have blocked that from my mind because that was probably worse than anything I mentioned. That bush-league move before a bye week was pathetic.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:44 PM   #65
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,899
Re: Changes needed during/after bye week

With Galloway cut and Austin promoted my list is complete:

1-Fix OL problems. Some changes are needed from the C all the way to the right of the line.
2-Time for Galloway to retire and promote Austin from the PS.
3-Cut back on penalties during returns by special teams.
4-Have McNabb work on his footwork.
5-If Torain is hurt for awhile bring in James Davis from the PS and see what he can do.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:05 PM   #66
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,110
Re: Changes needed during/after bye week

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
With Galloway cut and Austin promoted my list is complete:

1-Fix OL problems. Some changes are needed from the C all the way to the right of the line.
2-Time for Galloway to retire and promote Austin from the PS.
3-Cut back on penalties during returns by special teams.
4-Have McNabb work on his footwork.
5-If Torain is hurt for awhile bring in James Davis from the PS and see what he can do.
#1 is still in wait and see mode. Meaning if Rabach and Hicks are healthy enough to play this week and the coaching staff puts them back in the lineup, well we're right back where we started.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:20 AM   #67
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,439
Re: Changes needed during/after bye week

^^ Exactly, I doubt they will give up on Rabach and Hicks so quick. I feel like it is a waste having them in there but the coaches seem really set so...
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.22290 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25