Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Jerry Jones apologizes for team's 1-7 record.

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2010, 03:28 PM   #16
Special Teams
 
LavaRnChad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 183
Re: Redskins

I'm surprised at how many games they gave away because of stupid penalties. I feel the only team that truly beat them was the Giants. Hopefully they keep Wade around so they can keep underachieving and wasting that talent. Boy, I would give anything to have Ratliff, Felix Jones, Gurode, Ware, Romo, Austin, and Dez Bryant on our team right now.
__________________
Lavar and B-Mitch speaks TRUTH. Larry Michael sucks and Joey T. is WACK! (Proud to be an inspiration to mooby) *BOOM!!! MNF proves my argument still LIVES!!!
LavaRnChad is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-01-2010, 03:54 PM   #17
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 49
Posts: 15,818
Re: Jerry Jones apologizes for team's 1-7 record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
Karma is a bitch isn't it? Remember how bad we were last year? Now Dallas is feeling some of that pain. It feels so much better on this side of the fence though.
I'm not sure we have crossed that fence. Maybe half the team is over but we have another half to go.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:31 PM   #18
Playmaker
 
SouperMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 49
Posts: 3,063
Re: Jerry Jones apologizes for team's 1-7 record.

The best part is that Jerrah is the architect of this sinking ship. He can scapegoat Wade Phillips, but Jerrah assembled the pieces.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:53 PM   #19
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,292
Re: Jerry Jones apologizes for team's 1-7 record.

The Cowboys demise helps to make this a great year for football.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:30 PM   #20
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Jerry Jones apologizes for team's 1-7 record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
The Cowboys demise helps to make this a great year for football.
along w/Minnesota (which I like) & Farve, it's like a 24 hr. reality show on sports networks.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:35 PM   #21
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,703
Re: Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavaRnChad View Post
I'm surprised at how many games they gave away because of stupid penalties. I feel the only team that truly beat them was the Giants. Hopefully they keep Wade around so they can keep underachieving and wasting that talent. Boy, I would give anything to have Ratliff, Felix Jones, Gurode, Ware, Romo, Austin, and Dez Bryant on our team right now.


Anything huh?? Glad you're not the GM.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:02 PM   #22
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 46
Posts: 12,139
Re: Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavaRnChad View Post
I'm surprised at how many games they gave away because of stupid penalties. I feel the only team that truly beat them was the Giants. Hopefully they keep Wade around so they can keep underachieving and wasting that talent. Boy, I would give anything to have Ratliff, Felix Jones, Gurode, Ware, Romo, Austin, and Dez Bryant on our team right now.
Ah yes, the infamous "but we have 13 pro-bowlers" defense. At this point I would take Bryant out of that list. The others have been nothing special this year, especially on the offensive side (which WP has very little to do with!). Dallas' players, and a lot of others, believe the hype that they are Just So Talented. I am not saying they are bad players, but the team is 1-6, and all those key players you listed have made many errors to get them to that point.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:50 PM   #23
Special Teams
 
LavaRnChad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 183
Re: Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Ah yes, the infamous "but we have 13 pro-bowlers" defense. At this point I would take Bryant out of that list. The others have been nothing special this year, especially on the offensive side (which WP has very little to do with!). Dallas' players, and a lot of others, believe the hype that they are Just So Talented. I am not saying they are bad players, but the team is 1-6, and all those key players you listed have made many errors to get them to that point.
Is Mc5 better than Romo, no. Is AH better game to game, play to play consistantly better than Ratliff, HELL NO! How about Rabach... Is he better than Gurode, **** no. And we really couldn't use Ware, because Carter and Alexander are tearing it up right now, huh? You said you would only take Bryant? What about M. Austin? You really believe after Tana, we are that good and that deep a WR that we wouldn't need Austin? BWAHAHA!!! I'm a homer to a degree but this homerism at all time levels! Wait a minute... Larry Michael, is that you?
__________________
Lavar and B-Mitch speaks TRUTH. Larry Michael sucks and Joey T. is WACK! (Proud to be an inspiration to mooby) *BOOM!!! MNF proves my argument still LIVES!!!
LavaRnChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:01 PM   #24
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 46
Posts: 12,139
Re: Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavaRnChad View Post
Is Mc5 better than Romo, no. Is AH better game to game, play to play consistantly better than Ratliff, HELL NO! How about Rabach... Is he better than Gurode, **** no. You said you would only take Bryant? What about M. Austin? You really believe after Tana, we are that good and that deep a WR that we wouldn't need Austin? BWAHAHA!!! I'm a homer to a degree but this homerism at all time levels! Wait a minute... Larry Michael, is that you?
Mc5 has been to how many playoff games? Romo?

Just because I don't want Rabach doesn't mean I'd take Gurode out of the rest.

M. Austin wouldn't come to play "after Moss" and M. Austin isn't proving himself to be a number 1 receiver. He has had several costly drops.

(I would take a motivated AH over Ratliff any day, but I am not knocking Ratliff)

It's kinda laughable for you to say you are a homer to a degree(unless you mean a Dallas homer) because I haven't seen any positive posts from you that I can recall.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:05 PM   #25
Camp Scrub
 
bigtee1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Age: 38
Posts: 12
Re: Jerry Jones apologizes for team's 1-7 record.

Honestly, as much as I hate Dallas, I am more concerned with us winning than Dallas losing. At this point, we should be 6-2. We had Houston 27-10 and Detroit 25-20 and allowed both teams to stage a comeback. I'm more concerned with our OL playing like crap than Dallas' all pro, 1-6 team. There is no consolation when our team should clearly be further along than we are now.
__________________
From the time I first picked up a football, I fell in love with this game. - James Arthur Monk
bigtee1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:07 PM   #26
Special Teams
 
LavaRnChad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 183
Re: Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Mc5 has been to how many playoff games? Romo?

Just because I don't want Rabach doesn't mean I'd take Gurode out of the rest.

M. Austin wouldn't come to play "after Moss" and M. Austin isn't proving himself to be a number 1 receiver. He has had several costly drops.

(I would take a motivated AH over Ratliff any day, but I am not knocking Ratliff)

It's kinda laughable for you to say you are a homer to a degree(unless you mean a Dallas homer) because I haven't seen any positive posts from you that I can recall.
Playoffs? Okay, I would take Mc5 over Romo 5 years ago, but for the last couple of seasons I would take Romo. Now when I said after Moss, I mean in terms of depth AFTER Moss. But maybe you think Galloway, Armstrong, or the rest of the 4th string WRs are better? Yeah okay. As for being positive... I'm tired of years of suckage. But I will speak positive when I see it. Yes I'm a Skins homer to a degree but I'm a realist like Lavar and Chad, B-Mitch, Czabe, Doc Walker, and a couple others.
__________________
Lavar and B-Mitch speaks TRUTH. Larry Michael sucks and Joey T. is WACK! (Proud to be an inspiration to mooby) *BOOM!!! MNF proves my argument still LIVES!!!
LavaRnChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:10 PM   #27
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 46
Posts: 12,139
Re: Jerry Jones apologizes for team's 1-7 record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtee1975 View Post
Honestly, as much as I hate Dallas, I am more concerned with us winning than Dallas losing. At this point, we should be 6-2. We had Houston 27-10 and Detroit 25-20 and allowed both teams to stage a comeback. I'm more concerned with our OL playing like crap than Dallas' all pro, 1-6 team. There is no consolation when our team should clearly be further along than we are now.
Well to be fair on the shoulda games, Cutler's TD shoulda counted. and we coulda got called for Jarmon's helmet to helmet hit in the GB game.

We are 4-4 and ought to be 4-4. Last year we had 2 wins at this point and were lucky to have those.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:23 PM   #28
Camp Scrub
 
bigtee1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Age: 38
Posts: 12
Re: Jerry Jones apologizes for team's 1-7 record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Well to be fair on the shoulda games, Cutler's TD shoulda counted. and we coulda got called for Jarmon's helmet to helmet hit in the GB game.

We are 4-4 and ought to be 4-4. Last year we had 2 wins at this point and were lucky to have those.
There is a difference between a refs call/no-call and a team not able to hold on to a lead. We need to learn how to preserve leads.

We are improved, but I guess I expected more than what I should have.
__________________
From the time I first picked up a football, I fell in love with this game. - James Arthur Monk
bigtee1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:41 PM   #29
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 46
Posts: 12,139
Re: Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavaRnChad View Post
Playoffs? Okay, I would take Mc5 over Romo 5 years ago, but for the last couple of seasons I would take Romo. Now when I said after Moss, I mean in terms of depth AFTER Moss. But maybe you think Galloway, Armstrong, or the rest of the 4th string WRs are better? Yeah okay. As for being positive... I'm tired of years of suckage. But I will speak positive when I see it. Yes I'm a Skins homer to a degree but I'm a realist like Lavar and Chad, B-Mitch, Czabe, Doc Walker, and a couple others.
See, this is crazy talk to me. How has Romo handled his playoff appearances? (wanna talk about holding for a snap.) But more than just that. By your definition the Dallas teams of the last few years have been far more talented than the Eagles teams, yet McNabb has won more playoff games the last 2 years(2 to 1) with far less talent on his team. Romo is a good qb, and the fact that he was undrafted makes his story that much better. But other than riding the wave of Cowboys lovefests this is how he has led his "supertalent" team:
2007 13-3, lost first playoff game
2008 9-7 no playoffs (lost 3 of 4 in dec including a play or go home game against McNabb's team - he lost 44-6)
2009 11-5 finally won a playoff game( and twice against McNabb) only to be blown away by Minnesota
2010 1-5 before he was out by injury

McNabb
2007 8-8 no playoffs
2008 9-6-1 dec rec 3-1 including beating Dallas;playoff record 2-1
2009 11-5 lost to Dallas
2010 4-4 on a team without all the players you want that Tony Romo had the advantage of having

You are a "realist" that wants to blame the Skins even when you need to make a fiction up to do it. You can have those guys you listed (again other than Bryant, who hasn't had time to fall under the entitlement spell of the Cowboys yet) and I will let Shanahan keep plugging away at enforcing discipline and work ethic. I am a homer, I will always like the Skins, and see the glass half full, but that's why I am a fan of them. If I want to p*** and moan about a team, it ain't worth my time to follow them.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:41 PM   #30
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,918
Re: Jerry Jones apologizes for team's 1-7 record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Well to be fair on the shoulda games, Cutler's TD shoulda counted. and we coulda got called for Jarmon's helmet to helmet hit in the GB game.

We are 4-4 and ought to be 4-4. Last year we had 2 wins at this point and were lucky to have those.
Correct.......shoulda's don't count either way
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33951 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25