Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Jerry Jones apologizes for team's 1-7 record.

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2010, 07:44 PM   #31
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,364
Re: Jerry Jones apologizes for team's 1-7 record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtee1975 View Post
There is a difference between a refs call/no-call and a team not able to hold on to a lead. We need to learn how to preserve leads.

We are improved, but I guess I expected more than what I should have.
And I agree with you. I wanted to see a lot more as well, but I am happy to see a team that goes on the field every game and plays tough and doesn't embarass themselves with a lack of effort or coaching.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-04-2010, 09:43 PM   #32
Special Teams
 
LavaRnChad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 183
Re: Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
See, this is crazy talk to me. How has Romo handled his playoff appearances? (wanna talk about holding for a snap.) But more than just that. By your definition the Dallas teams of the last few years have been far more talented than the Eagles teams, yet McNabb has won more playoff games the last 2 years(2 to 1) with far less talent on his team. Romo is a good qb, and the fact that he was undrafted makes his story that much better. But other than riding the wave of Cowboys lovefests this is how he has led his "supertalent" team:
2007 13-3, lost first playoff game
2008 9-7 no playoffs (lost 3 of 4 in dec including a play or go home game against McNabb's team - he lost 44-6)
2009 11-5 finally won a playoff game( and twice against McNabb) only to be blown away by Minnesota
2010 1-5 before he was out by injury

McNabb
2007 8-8 no playoffs
2008 9-6-1 dec rec 3-1 including beating Dallas;playoff record 2-1
2009 11-5 lost to Dallas
2010 4-4 on a team without all the players you want that Tony Romo had the advantage of having

You are a "realist" that wants to blame the Skins even when you need to make a fiction up to do it. You can have those guys you listed (again other than Bryant, who hasn't had time to fall under the entitlement spell of the Cowboys yet) and I will let Shanahan keep plugging away at enforcing discipline and work ethic. I am a homer, I will always like the Skins, and see the glass half full, but that's why I am a fan of them. If I want to p*** and moan about a team, it ain't worth my time to follow them.
I didn't know Dallas had super talent, but they have a couple of very good players, I don't care what team they play for. You think Cowboys fans wouldn't take Rak, Fletcher, Landry, or Moss? I guess Doc Walker has a lovefest with D-Ware because I've heard him call Ware the best pass rusher in the game numerous times. Now I love the Skins, but just like B-Mitch and Lavar, I'm going to keep it real.
__________________
Lavar and B-Mitch speaks TRUTH. Larry Michael sucks and Joey T. is WACK! (Proud to be an inspiration to mooby) *BOOM!!! MNF proves my argument still LIVES!!!
LavaRnChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:34 PM   #33
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by LavaRnChad View Post
I didn't know Dallas had super talent, but they have a couple of very good players, I don't care what team they play for. You think Cowboys fans wouldn't take Rak, Fletcher, Landry, or Moss? I guess Doc Walker has a lovefest with D-Ware because I've heard him call Ware the best pass rusher in the game numerous times. Now I love the Skins, but just like B-Mitch and Lavar, I'm going to keep it real.
I hate the "I'm going to keep it real" especially when bad info accompanies it. You said Romo was better over the past 5 years then McNabb but by what their team accomplished McNabbs records are equal or better with lesser talent(according to you)

Austin has had one good year and faded this year, but you'd rather him then moss (if you aren't comparing equal positions then you aren't keeping it real cuz I would love c johnson a johnson and s moss as our wrs but they aren't all coming to one team. Just keepin it real.

Gurode is better than rabach but if I'm keeping it real I don't want gurode I want the jets center.

Ware is having a good year and is a good player but I am ok with orakpo and not ware. More upside and close enough in talent that arguing on or the other is unreal

Jones over torain or portis NOT this year

Etc etc.
You want to bash the skins and disguise it as keeping it real but when I counter with legitimate proofs against your "real" statements you simply cling to a mantra and prove nothing. Dallas is 1-6 if you want to have their players go root for them. Me I am syked by what our poor wobegotten misfit players have accomplished.
Come to think of it, I remember a similar circumstance when a group of scabs went up against "the Cowboys". How did that one end?

1-6. Talent ain't nothin if you don't get the wins.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:07 PM   #34
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Jerry Jones apologizes for team's 1-7 record.

Romo and Mcnabb are not deserving of the upper echelon of QB'ing they are sometimes placed in. I would take Sam Bradford over McNabb anyday.

That said, Romo has a slight edge because his WTF moments are balanced out better.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:25 AM   #35
Special Teams
 
LavaRnChad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 183
Re: Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I hate the "I'm going to keep it real" especially when bad info accompanies it. You said Romo was better over the past 5 years then McNabb but by what their team accomplished McNabbs records are equal or better with lesser talent(according to you)

Austin has had one good year and faded this year, but you'd rather him then moss (if you aren't comparing equal positions then you aren't keeping it real cuz I would love c johnson a johnson and s moss as our wrs but they aren't all coming to one team. Just keepin it real.

Gurode is better than rabach but if I'm keeping it real I don't want gurode I want the jets center.

Ware is having a good year and is a good player but I am ok with orakpo and not ware. More upside and close enough in talent that arguing on or the other is unreal

Jones over torain or portis NOT this year

Etc etc.
You want to bash the skins and disguise it as keeping it real but when I counter with legitimate proofs against your "real" statements you simply cling to a mantra and prove nothing. Dallas is 1-6 if you want to have their players go root for them. Me I am syked by what our poor wobegotten misfit players have accomplished.
Come to think of it, I remember a similar circumstance when a group of scabs went up against "the Cowboys". How did that one end?

1-6. Talent ain't nothin if you don't get the wins.
I never said Austin OVER Moss. Austin WITH Moss. Behind Moss we have nothing consistant. You said Austin fell off? Could it have anything to do with Williams picking his game up along with passes to Dez and Witten? I never said Ware over Rak. I said I would like to have those players I never said they were the best in the NFL so what do the Johnsons have to do with it? Aside Ware I would replace my choices also with better players, but I was talking about the players being wasted in Dallas by them underachieving. These players led Dallas as division champs and a playoff win just last year.
__________________
Lavar and B-Mitch speaks TRUTH. Larry Michael sucks and Joey T. is WACK! (Proud to be an inspiration to mooby) *BOOM!!! MNF proves my argument still LIVES!!!
LavaRnChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:17 AM   #36
Special Teams
 
LavaRnChad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 183
Re: Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Romo and Mcnabb are not deserving of the upper echelon of QB'ing they are sometimes placed in. I would take Sam Bradford over McNabb anyday.

That said, Romo has a slight edge because his WTF moments are balanced out better.
I would take M. Stafford. I was impressed with how well he played after a long layoff despite the rust.
__________________
Lavar and B-Mitch speaks TRUTH. Larry Michael sucks and Joey T. is WACK! (Proud to be an inspiration to mooby) *BOOM!!! MNF proves my argument still LIVES!!!
LavaRnChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:46 AM   #37
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,364
Re: Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavaRnChad View Post
I never said Austin OVER Moss. Austin WITH Moss. Behind Moss we have nothing consistant. You said Austin fell off? Could it have anything to do with Williams picking his game up along with passes to Dez and Witten? I never said Ware over Rak. I said I would like to have those players I never said they were the best in the NFL so what do the Johnsons have to do with it? Aside Ware I would replace my choices also with better players, but I was talking about the players being wasted in Dallas by them underachieving. These players led Dallas as division champs and a playoff win just last year.
Have you watched Dallas games, Austin fell off, he has been dropping passes alot. Now either that means Romo is not getting him the ball right, or he is not catching them. Again you say keeping it real, but your point that started this was that you would take a list of players from Dallas, well great, every team has some players I would take. I would not purposefully take any one of the players you listed over another player on a different team, because none are the best at their position, so why try to tout them or blow their horn, when they as a team are 1-6 and the play on the field has been sub-par. I don't really care what they did last year, because the division last year really ended with major dropoffss or underwhelming play. Fact is that group has been together for nearly four years, and always have excuses as to why their awesome talent is winning SB after SB after SB. First it was TO, then it was dirty play by the Vikings, now it's the HC. Like I said, you want to keep it real, then you have to acknowledge that they just aren't as good as the media and press have built them up to be.

Again, I am not saying they are horrible, but to your quote:
Quote:
Boy, I would give anything to have Ratliff, Felix Jones, Gurode, Ware, Romo, Austin, and Dez Bryant on our team right now.
I call BS. No, I wouldn't give "anything" to have those sad sacks(minus DB) on our team and the fact that you would says you are lost in the DDZ (Dallas Dream Zone), where it's never about the players failing to make plays, and always about some evil plot to keep them down.

Just keeping it real.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:56 AM   #38
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,584
Re: Jerry Jones apologizes for team's 1-7 record.

Austin's problem is that he broke up with Kim Kardashian, and I've told him as much. Lamar Odom+Khloe=Championship. Reggie Bush+Kim=Championship. It's really quite simple
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:05 AM   #39
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,364
Re: Jerry Jones apologizes for team's 1-7 record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Austin's problem is that he broke up with Kim Kardashian, and I've told him as much. Lamar Odom+Khloe=Championship. Reggie Bush+Kim=Championship. It's really quite simple
Now THAT'S keeping it real
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:25 AM   #40
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,899
Re: Jerry Jones apologizes for team's 1-7 record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Austin's problem is that he broke up with Kim Kardashian, and I've told him as much. Lamar Odom+Khloe=Championship. Reggie Bush+Kim=Championship. It's really quite simple
That's an excellent point.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:40 AM   #41
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Jerry Jones apologizes for team's 1-7 record.

Speaking of dropped passes, I actually know the chick (well, one of them) that's dating Los. I wonder if we should switch her out for Kim Kar?
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:43 AM   #42
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Jerry Jones apologizes for team's 1-7 record.

Wow...this thread went down the toilet as fast as the Cowboys' season!
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:54 PM   #43
Special Teams
 
LavaRnChad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 183
Re: Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Have you watched Dallas games, Austin fell off, he has been dropping passes alot. Now either that means Romo is not getting him the ball right, or he is not catching them. Again you say keeping it real, but your point that started this was that you would take a list of players from Dallas, well great, every team has some players I would take. I would not purposefully take any one of the players you listed over another player on a different team, because none are the best at their position, so why try to tout them or blow their horn, when they as a team are 1-6 and the play on the field has been sub-par. I don't really care what they did last year, because the division last year really ended with major dropoffss or underwhelming play. Fact is that group has been together for nearly four years, and always have excuses as to why their awesome talent is winning SB after SB after SB. First it was TO, then it was dirty play by the Vikings, now it's the HC. Like I said, you want to keep it real, then you have to acknowledge that they just aren't as good as the media and press have built them up to be.

Again, I am not saying they are horrible, but to your quote:
I call BS. No, I wouldn't give "anything" to have those sad sacks(minus DB) on our team and the fact that you would says you are lost in the DDZ (Dallas Dream Zone), where it's never about the players failing to make plays, and always about some evil plot to keep them down.
I agree Austin has has dropped the rock alot this year but I doubt he stays in that slump. I also would take other NFL talents over those Cowboys (except D-Ware) but again, it didn't start off as a league wide topic. As for Mc5, he is still a decent QB, but he's not a top tier player. That was proven when Reid let him come to us and when Shanny benched him during a crucial part of the game. As for your lil' "DDZ" thing, I guess those FORMER SKINS that I've mentioned suffer from this too.
__________________
Lavar and B-Mitch speaks TRUTH. Larry Michael sucks and Joey T. is WACK! (Proud to be an inspiration to mooby) *BOOM!!! MNF proves my argument still LIVES!!!
LavaRnChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:48 PM   #44
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,364
Re: Jerry Jones apologizes for team's 1-7 record.

You keep referring to the former skins as if that means something? you haven't quoted them, and I don't listen to Lavar ever, mostly I listen to Sirius NFL football radio, so I don't know what those guys say. I will say that BMitch was an excellent Redskin, Lavar not so much sadly. This thread is about the Cowboys owner saying "1-7" when they are 1-6, which on a redskins board ought to be enough to get everyone howling with laughter, not coming in and even faintly praising their players after they all have had horrible seasons by any definition you want to use (except DWare and DB).

It's pretty simple. I hate the Cowboys, I think it's hilarious that they are 1-6, and that until they lost the 6th one a bunch of the media was still talking playoffs for them. Any media that wants to do that, including BMitch or Lavar or anyone else you want to quote, is IMO living in the DDZ.

Cowboys, where 1-6 lives to surrender another day.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:15 PM   #45
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: baltimore
Posts: 3,179
Re: Jerry Jones apologizes for team's 1-7 record.

i gave a thumbs up to a guy in his truck who still had his silver star magnet the other day. kinda hard to say this, but i some how, just a tiny bit have some respect for the boys fans in the DMV area who still represent.

i hope they get absolutely slaughtered on nat'l tv on thanksgiving, with their fair weather home crowd leaving at half time.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.36275 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25