Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Analyzing Mike Shanahan at the Midway Point

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Grade Mike Shanahan at the Midway Point
A 6 3.92%
B 68 44.44%
C 51 33.33%
D 24 15.69%
F 4 2.61%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2010, 09:16 PM   #121
Impact Rookie
 
JLee9718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 567
Re: Analyzing Mike Shanahan at the Midway Point

One thing this year will prove is that it's easy to look like Jim Zorn coaching even if your name is Mike Shanahan. Plus he's saddled with his inept son, Kyle, who doesn't have the knack for calling plays unless his QB is Matt Schaub, and even Schaub is losing now in Houston. Also, who shoulders the blame for turning in a top 10 defensive unit into one that's worst in the league? I've been blaming Jim Haslett, but ultimately the HC has to be responsible. Maybe next year will be better (It couldn't be worse), but we don't have too many draft choices, which means we'll be a patchwork team again.
JLee9718 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-05-2010, 09:26 PM   #122
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,022
Re: Analyzing Mike Shanahan at the Midway Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
This should solve all of our problems. Clearly AH is the reason why offensive line sucks, our defense can not stop the run and why we are playing like a terrible team. Proof is in today's game where AH did not play.
Thanks Shanahan...you win.
I know Shanahan is supposedly trying to change the "culture" of the team in disciplining guys like Haynesworth. Yet I wish he would focus more on changing things such as trying to fit schemes into players and not the other way around; or playing worthless players (Rabach, Heyer...and before he was cut, Galloway).
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:38 PM   #123
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,808
Re: Analyzing Mike Shanahan at the Midway Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee9718 View Post
One thing this year will prove is that it's easy to look like Jim Zorn coaching even if your name is Mike Shanahan. Plus he's saddled with his inept son, Kyle, who doesn't have the knack for calling plays unless his QB is Matt Schaub, and even Schaub is losing now in Houston. Also, who shoulders the blame for turning in a top 10 defensive unit into one that's worst in the league? I've been blaming Jim Haslett, but ultimately the HC has to be responsible. Maybe next year will be better (It couldn't be worse), but we don't have too many draft choices, which means we'll be a patchwork team again.
Players make plays, play calls don't make plays. Kyle didn't turn into a bum over night, we just don't have the talent that he had in Houston.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:08 PM   #124
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,657
Re: Analyzing Mike Shanahan at the Midway Point

Remember it could be worse
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:10 PM   #125
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,897
Re: Analyzing Mike Shanahan at the Midway Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I know Shanahan is supposedly trying to change the "culture" of the team in disciplining guys like Haynesworth. Yet I wish he would focus more on changing things such as trying to fit schemes into players and not the other way around; or playing worthless players (Rabach, Heyer...and before he was cut, Galloway).
Amen.
Hey, we can look forward to having the best behaved team in the NFL. At least we got that going for us. :cheeky-sm

Seriously though, the choice of players and where they are playing is still very frustrating.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:31 PM   #126
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Analyzing Mike Shanahan at the Midway Point

Mike Shanahan has shown that he has not missed a beat since Denver 2008. That means good and bad things. The offense, despite being horrible, showed at least some signs of life against the Giants, which is better than what Zorn's O display against them. He also has a knack for finding offensive gems from the APPARENT scrapheap.
However, old dogs can't learn new tricks, and fielding a defense that isn't Swiss cheese is a new trick he can't learn. The philosophy shift was necessary, the switch to the 3-4 was unnecessary. He also makes questionable veteran signings like Ron Dayne, Galloway, etc.

Also, be afraid if Rogers doesn't come back here. He drafted for "need" at CB in Denver, and those corners did not pan out at all. He had to trade away Tatum and Bell and George Foster(he did get rid of two busts) to get Dre Bly.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:58 AM   #127
Special Teams
 
DM72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 146
Re: Analyzing Mike Shanahan at the Midway Point

He deserves no more than a D at this point. Right now, I give him an F.
DM72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:08 AM   #128
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: Analyzing Mike Shanahan at the Midway Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Mike Shanahan has shown that he has not missed a beat since Denver 2008. That means good and bad things. The offense, despite being horrible, showed at least some signs of life against the Giants, which is better than what Zorn's O display against them. He also has a knack for finding offensive gems from the APPARENT scrapheap.
However, old dogs can't learn new tricks, and fielding a defense that isn't Swiss cheese is a new trick he can't learn. The philosophy shift was necessary, the switch to the 3-4 was unnecessary. He also makes questionable veteran signings like Ron Dayne, Galloway, etc.

Also, be afraid if Rogers doesn't come back here. He drafted for "need" at CB in Denver, and those corners did not pan out at all. He had to trade away Tatum and Bell and George Foster(he did get rid of two busts) to get Dre Bly.
I'd be very surprised if Rogers doesn't return
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.20682 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25