Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Anyone Else Get The Feeling That We Don't Belong In The NFC EAST?

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2010, 05:43 PM   #31
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,012
Re: Anyone Else Get The Feeling That We Don't Belong In The NFC EAST?

You know what the one constant in having any successfull offensive scheme is? I'll give you a hint, it's not the qb or the other skill position players, it's the offensive line.

Build the lines up front and we won't regret it. Look at teams like the Giants, missing what, like 3 o-line starters and their depth is so good they have stepped in and haven't missed a beat, in fact no sacks given up in 5 straight games is crazy considering their injuries.

If you build an offensive line capable of handling all the rushes and the great front fours, it'll greatly help everybody else on the offense. Just look at Peyton Manning, ever since his o-line has turned to shit he hasn't been the same.

And the same applies to the d-line. There's a reason they say a nose tackle is the most important position in a 3-4 defense, and you could tell that from any game we've lost because we can't get pressure.

Keep building the lines in the offseason and I would think next season will be much better. As for this season well we know it's over, if I was the coach I'd start putting guys in the lineup just to see what they got. It's not about the playoffs at this point.
mooby is offline  

Advertisements
Old 12-05-2010, 05:50 PM   #32
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Anyone Else Get The Feeling That We Don't Belong In The NFC EAST?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
You know what the one constant in having any successfull offensive scheme is? I'll give you a hint, it's not the qb or the other skill position players, it's the offensive line.

Build the lines up front and we won't regret it. Look at teams like the Giants, missing what, like 3 o-line starters and their depth is so good they have stepped in and haven't missed a beat, in fact no sacks given up in 5 straight games is crazy considering their injuries.

If you build an offensive line capable of handling all the rushes and the great front fours, it'll greatly help everybody else on the offense. Just look at Peyton Manning, ever since his o-line has turned to shit he hasn't been the same.

And the same applies to the d-line. There's a reason they say a nose tackle is the most important position in a 3-4 defense, and you could tell that from any game we've lost because we can't get pressure.

Keep building the lines in the offseason and I would think next season will be much better. As for this season well we know it's over, if I was the coach I'd start putting guys in the lineup just to see what they got. It's not about the playoffs at this point.
I agree....this headline says it all.

Washington Redskins are run over by New York Giants; Albert Haynesworth does not play
__________________
A revolution is coming and it will be televised.
Longtimefan is offline  
Old 12-05-2010, 05:55 PM   #33
The Starter
 
warpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great State of Texas
Posts: 1,006
Re: Anyone Else Get The Feeling That We Don't Belong In The NFC EAST?

I posted this on a different thread

So the reason AH92 was inactive today was that he was sick on Friday, and he was late by 1 minute on the field and he wasn't told that he wouldn't play today until he showed up at the stadium today. Shanny is a peace of work. WTF IS GOING ON HERE?
_________
__________________
"Not only do you get a 1st down, but you get a whole new set of downs" John Madden
warpaint is offline  
Old 12-05-2010, 06:03 PM   #34
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,112
Re: Anyone Else Get The Feeling That We Don't Belong In The NFC EAST?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfredskin View Post
i couldn't agree more!! This team should be like the chargers, air coryell offense is the way to go, power football and bombs downfield and a 4-3 defense. None of this finesse bs offense.
agree also
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now  
Old 12-05-2010, 06:07 PM   #35
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,795
Re: Anyone Else Get The Feeling That We Don't Belong In The NFC EAST?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpaint View Post
I posted this on a different thread

So the reason AH92 was inactive today was that he was sick on Friday, and he was late by 1 minute on the field and he wasn't told that he wouldn't play today until he showed up at the stadium today. Shanny is a peace of work. WTF IS GOING ON HERE?
_________
Well I've heard there's much more to the story just don't know what
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 12-05-2010, 06:12 PM   #36
The Starter
 
warpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great State of Texas
Posts: 1,006
Re: Anyone Else Get The Feeling That We Don't Belong In The NFC EAST?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well I've heard there's much more to the story just don't know what
So I'm guessing either way its not a good thing. I hope you can find out and let us know whats going.
__________________
"Not only do you get a 1st down, but you get a whole new set of downs" John Madden
warpaint is offline  
Old 12-05-2010, 07:02 PM   #37
Camp Scrub
 
VTSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 32
Re: Anyone Else Get The Feeling That We Don't Belong In The NFC EAST?

SirClintonPortis's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,720

Re: Anyone Else Get The Feeling That We Don't Belong In The NFC EAST?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I couldn't agree more!! This team should be like the Chargers, Air Coryell offense is the way to go, power football and bombs downfield and a 4-3 defense. None of this finesse BS offense.
Shanahan is known for play action and bombs downfield. The Coryell needs even more elite talent on the O-line than the WCO

We all know the o-line an the d-line need work. I agree with on "elite talent" for the o-line is needed but I'm just saying West Coast offense & Redskins shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence. Look at all the great running backs we had, Riggins, Rogers, Byner, Brown, even Portis for Gibbs 2, hell even Betts was running good when he wasn't fumbling. Hate to say it but O would use at least 75% of our draft picks addressing the lines and pick up what we can to use at stop gaps for the other positions. We should go back to a 4-3 and put Orakpo at DE. IT would be easier for us to get good quicker by switching back to the 4-3...
VTSkins is offline  
Old 12-05-2010, 07:41 PM   #38
The Starter
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 31
Posts: 1,017
Re: Anyone Else Get The Feeling That We Don't Belong In The NFC EAST?

For next season the Redskins need to keep Trent Williams and bring up Selvish Capers/Erik Cook from the practice squad and release every other player on their O-Line. Then use their 1st and 2nd round picks on O-Lineman to get two more talented players. After the draft sign a bunch of young free agents and see if they can find any players to build some YOUNG depth. Till we get a solid O-Line our offense will continue to stink. We have to be able to run the ball to set up playaction and the longball.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline  
Old 12-05-2010, 07:42 PM   #39
Camp Scrub
 
VTSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 32
Re: Anyone Else Get The Feeling That We Don't Belong In The NFC EAST?

agreed
VTSkins is offline  
Old 12-05-2010, 07:44 PM   #40
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,370
Re: Anyone Else Get The Feeling That We Don't Belong In The NFC EAST?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I couldn't agree more!! This team should be like the Chargers, Air Coryell offense is the way to go, power football and bombs downfield and a 4-3 defense. None of this finesse BS offense.
Sounds nice but we don't have the players for that, or for any offense really.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 12-05-2010, 07:57 PM   #41
Impact Rookie
 
Coff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Halfmoon, NY
Posts: 547
Re: Anyone Else Get The Feeling That We Don't Belong In The NFC EAST?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5 View Post
Was my post not clear enough for you?
Huh? What in my response implies to you that there is something I'm not understanding? It's all very clear. You think this thread is dumb. Which is exactly why I asked you why you were on it. The only thing in this situation that demands clarification is why you're still on a thread you think is dumb.
Coff is offline  
Old 12-05-2010, 08:07 PM   #42
Camp Scrub
 
DIEHARD1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CROFTON, MD
Posts: 37
Re: Anyone Else Get The Feeling That We Don't Belong In The NFC EAST?

This is the dumbest thread ever opened on the warparth.
DIEHARD1980 is offline  
Old 12-05-2010, 08:10 PM   #43
Camp Scrub
 
DIEHARD1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CROFTON, MD
Posts: 37
Re: Anyone Else Get The Feeling That We Don't Belong In The NFC EAST?

I am glad we are in the NFC East, where over the past years. The toughest talent and most exciting games happen. Yes the skins have been on the bottom end, but what do you expect with way this team has been run and how the players have been playing. I dont blame snyder, i truly put this on on the players on the team. Poor tackling, extremely inconsistent, and rarely give 100%./
DIEHARD1980 is offline  
Old 12-05-2010, 08:26 PM   #44
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,146
Re: Anyone Else Get The Feeling That We Don't Belong In The NFC EAST?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD1980 View Post
This is the dumbest thread ever opened on the warparth.
Obviously you haven't been here long.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 12-05-2010, 08:35 PM   #45
The Starter
 
TheSmurfs22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Staunton, VA
Posts: 1,165
Re: Anyone Else Get The Feeling That We Don't Belong In The NFC EAST?

The last decade or so the Skins are like that team you want to play on Homecoming, they might put up a fight but than likely you are going to win.
__________________
F#$% the Cowpukes!
TheSmurfs22 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30719 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25