Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the NFL (Week 14)

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2010, 12:13 AM   #46
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,626
Re: Around the NFL (Week 14)

If the Skins had taken DHB 7th overall, we'd all be blasting that pick.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-13-2010, 12:25 AM   #47
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Around the NFL (Week 14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
If the Skins had taken DHB 7th overall, we'd all be blasting that pick.
I never said it was good.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:29 AM   #48
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,626
Re: Around the NFL (Week 14)

You didn't really say it was bad either, or run through all the guys they could have should have taken instead
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:09 AM   #49
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Around the NFL (Week 14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
You didn't really say it was bad either, or run through all the guys they could have should have taken instead

I was more intent on summarizing the current state of the Raiders as far as I know, and Heyward-Bey current state on the Raiders is a reserve there who could sometimes scare nickel backs. Compared to us, even this epic gaffe results in a better receiver corp than our sorry one, in which our intended #2-demoted-to-#3 was Joey Galloway and now is Roydell Williams...
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:15 AM   #50
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,405
Re: Around the NFL (Week 14)

I wake up to see Philly pull it out,I hate rooting for Dallas but I wouldnt have minded a Dallas victory last nite,I want us to move ahead of them in the draft.
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:45 AM   #51
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,626
Re: Around the NFL (Week 14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
I was more intent on summarizing the current state of the Raiders as far as I know, and Heyward-Bey current state on the Raiders is a reserve there who could sometimes scare nickel backs. Compared to us, even this epic gaffe results in a better receiver corp than our sorry one, in which our intended #2-demoted-to-#3 was Joey Galloway and now is Roydell Williams...
Unless something's changed, DHB starts opposite Louis Murphy and is the second leading WR on the Raiders with about 20 receptions. Maybe he'll live up to the hype on day, but for being a top 10 pick he's a bust we'd have 5 threads a week about.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:11 AM   #52
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,242
Re: Around the NFL (Week 14)

Desean Jackson = complete badass. His highlights are amazing. God, wouldnt it be nice to have a playmaker on the offense? Eagles' FO and Reid should win a f*cking award for how they manuever with personel over the last 10 years...draft picks have be solid and their free agency moves have been great. They transition perfectly between good players, deal with the death of a great coach, they take chances...and they still win
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:34 PM   #53
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,073
Re: Around the NFL (Week 14)

Not sure I've ever heard of anything like this:

Vick: Autograph request was a “first” for him | ProFootballTalk
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:35 PM   #54
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,073
Re: Around the NFL (Week 14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Desean Jackson = complete badass. His highlights are amazing. God, wouldnt it be nice to have a playmaker on the offense? Eagles' FO and Reid should win a f*cking award for how they manuever with personel over the last 10 years...draft picks have be solid and their free agency moves have been great. They transition perfectly between good players, deal with the death of a great coach, they take chances...and they still win
He's a badass and a jackass at the same time. Not a fan of the showboating but I'd live with it if he were making plays for the Skins.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:55 PM   #55
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,829
Re: Around the NFL (Week 14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Not sure I've ever heard of anything like this:

Vick: Autograph request was a “first” for him | ProFootballTalk
It's overblown. A guy wanted an autograph for his nephew. Big deal. The only reason it's causing a stir is because Choice plays for the Cowboys. If I was to give any advice to him, it'd be to ask him in the hallway outside the locker room, or somewhere more private, instead of on the field where there are plenty of cameras bound to notice.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:57 PM   #56
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,405
Re: Around the NFL (Week 14)

I didnt see the end of the game but I saw the highlight of him falling back into the endzone and I heard he was flagged for excessive celebration,did he do something after he scored or was the flag just for the falling back into the endzone? If it was for just falling back into the endzone that is complete and utter bullshit
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:59 PM   #57
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Around the NFL (Week 14)

Agree with mooby. There are so many things outside of football, which supersede a loss. Getting your nephew an autograph he wants, shouldn't lead to fans getting upset.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:04 PM   #58
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,073
Re: Around the NFL (Week 14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
I didnt see the end of the game but I saw the highlight of him falling back into the endzone and I heard he was flagged for excessive celebration,did he do something after he scored or was the flag just for the falling back into the endzone? If it was for just falling back into the endzone that is complete and utter bullshit
It shouldn't have been a penalty since there's no rule against diving into the endzone.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:05 PM   #59
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,073
Re: Around the NFL (Week 14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Agree with mooby. There are so many things outside of football, which supersede a loss. Getting your nephew an autograph he wants, shouldn't lead to fans getting upset.
We should know first hand that fans get upset over pretty much anything & everything.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:05 PM   #60
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Around the NFL (Week 14)

Dumb question, but is the Viks-Giants game televised?
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29195 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25