Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Prediction: Cowboys Sign Drew Brees

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2004, 12:38 AM   #1
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,433
Prediction: Cowboys Sign Drew Brees

Bill Parcells is not stupid,why keep playing Testeverde when they know he's not going to be their starter next yr,so why not let Henson play,they do have a slight chance at the playoffs and Vinny probably gives them the best chance to win,but i think theyre going to go after Brees hard,we cant afford him,my local football writer said on the radio today he has inside info from san diego that their not going to resign him,they cant afford it,they need the money to fill other positions
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-07-2004, 12:46 AM   #2
Impact Rookie
 
Duffman003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 590
I heard San Diego is $20 under the cap. And I think Dallas will see if Henson will work out before signing another quarterback.
Duffman003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 12:53 AM   #3
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman003
I heard San Diego is $20 under the cap.
I heard the same thing...and of course, we're talking in the millions
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 12:56 AM   #4
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by smootsmack
I heard the same thing...and of course, we're talking in the millions
I would certainly hope we're talking millions cuz 20 bucks is cutting it pretty close but mad props would go out to any salary cap manager if they could pull a feat like that off.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 01:04 AM   #5
Special Teams
 
la73hof's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Naples, Florida
Age: 41
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman003
I heard San Diego is $20 under the cap. And I think Dallas will see if Henson will work out before signing another quarterback.
Thank you

Gawd.. there is just a hint of sanity around here
__________________
"I'll go on the record that i am a LA fan"--redsk1

Thanks!
la73hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 01:06 AM   #6
Special Teams
 
la73hof's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Naples, Florida
Age: 41
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan
Bill Parcells is not stupid,why keep playing Testeverde when they know he's not going to be their starter next yr,so why not let Henson play,they do have a slight chance at the playoffs and Vinny probably gives them the best chance to win,but i think theyre going to go after Brees hard,we cant afford him,my local football writer said on the radio today he has inside info from san diego that their not going to resign him,they cant afford it,they need the money to fill other positions
Youre the San Diego Chargers..the team that hasnt won their division in 10 years

Youve endured the Ryan Leaf fiasco and how many losing seasons since their last playoff run

Brees finally puts it all together and is having a career year... youre the Chargers brass and youre gonna let Brees walk?

I believe not

He has just a good of chance of not being F-tagged as Shaun Rogers and John Abraham who are "free agents" after this season
__________________
"I'll go on the record that i am a LA fan"--redsk1

Thanks!
la73hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 01:55 AM   #7
Special Teams
 
la73hof's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Naples, Florida
Age: 41
Posts: 420
Want my prediction on a guy?

Matt Hasselbeck who's a FA after the season..Parcells coached his dad back when he was in NE back in '79 when BP was DC at the time

If any of you noticed, he and Hasselbeck had a nice conversation at the end of the game

When Hasselbeck walked away, Parcells called him back...it almost seemed like Parcells was saying "See ya next year"

Id really like Hasselbeck in Big D if we dont start Henson
__________________
"I'll go on the record that i am a LA fan"--redsk1

Thanks!
la73hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 08:10 AM   #8
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by la73hof
Youre the San Diego Chargers..the team that hasnt won their division in 10 years

Youve endured the Ryan Leaf fiasco and how many losing seasons since their last playoff run

Brees finally puts it all together and is having a career year... youre the Chargers brass and youre gonna let Brees walk?

I believe not

He has just a good of chance of not being F-tagged as Shaun Rogers and John Abraham who are "free agents" after this season
Well I dont think they should let Brees go either,but my local sportswriter,John mclain,whos very respected around the nfl,convinced me that they were,and if they do,Dallas will probably get him
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 08:20 AM   #9
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,850
San Diego has a ton of cap room, I think they'd be crazy to let Brees walk and go with an unproven QB.

Brees also wants to stay, so I won't be surprised if they work something out.
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 08:20 AM   #10
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,220
Guys, Drew Brees is a decent QB, but nothing special. He's having a career year like Jon Kitna did last year and I find it unlikely that he'll repeat this success either in San Diego or anywhere else. That's just my guess. As far as going to the Cowboys, don't think so. They seem to like Henson, at least Jones does. It'll be interesting.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 10:34 AM   #11
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,850
Brees could be someone just having a career year, or perhaps he's a guy who's taken a few years to develop and his hard work has finally paid off.

It also doesn't hurt he's been in the same system for a few years now and they finally have some playmakers around him. Their offensive line is also doing a great job protecting him.
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 10:53 AM   #12
Special Teams
 
Carnage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 468
Guys, they can afford both quarterbacks next year, but thats about it. They have to get value for brees, now or later, and Dallas, with 3 No 1 picks has got to be considered a strong suitor. Has anyone known Parcells to value rookies, or hoard No 1 picks? They will trade at least one of those picks for a veteran qb.
Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 11:56 AM   #13
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage
Guys, they can afford both quarterbacks next year, but thats about it. They have to get value for brees, now or later, and Dallas, with 3 No 1 picks has got to be considered a strong suitor. Has anyone known Parcells to value rookies, or hoard No 1 picks? They will trade at least one of those picks for a veteran qb.
I agree that one of their 1st rounder has a strong chance of going toward bringing in a veteran qb but I thought they only had the one extra 1st rounder from buffalo?
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 12:09 PM   #14
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 7,499
I agree with Matty here. I bet if Brees goes to Dallas, he sucks for two years and everyone rips them and rips them; and then in like 2007 Brees becomes our biggest headache. I think thats what most QB's need, is just to develop in a system.
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 02:09 PM   #15
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,439
id say if he doesnt stay in SD, he might go to the Cardinals. Denny Green is serious about winning, and will bring in some big name free agents. Cardinals with brees, boldin, and fitz...solid passing attack right there
__________________
"I don't care what nobody say I'm a be me, stay hood stay real, cause I'm out here grindin'" -Joe Gibbs
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.45168 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25