Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Are MNF Refs on the take, or just in love with the Cowboys

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2004, 09:39 PM   #16
Special Teams
 
d151b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 157
the refs have the option to stop the clock 10 times or 10 plays within the 2 minute warning if need be, so why did they not stop it in such a critical play to the overall outcome of the game.... but, they probably would've effed it up anyways
d151b is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-07-2004, 11:05 PM   #17
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,237
I feel PI is very hard to call. Unless you are able to watch those guys the entire time I think it's hard to call. Replay on everything. You only get two challenges.

Offiss: I've watched non-skin games before and thought it was rigged. Some things that happen are so unbelievable it seems like they could only be set up. I always think somoene has it out for the skins, so I ignore all those feelings. I like conspiracy theories, and if games were somewhat decided via refs controled by the league, I wouldn't be that suprised.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 11:17 PM   #18
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
So, the whole league is rigged.

Does this mean that Tagliabue is actually Vince McMahon (of WWF fame) in drag?
__________________
"It's not about what you've done, but what's been done for you."
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 12:00 AM   #19
The Starter
 
GoSkins!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yorktown, Va
Age: 45
Posts: 1,587
I think that the cheerleaders should review all the plays. They may not get the call right but they would look good with thier back sides hanging out while they duck in to watch the review! :thumb:
GoSkins! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 12:36 AM   #20
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,237
I never said it was rigged, Cpayne. Just said it seems like it sometimes =p
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 03:02 AM   #21
Camp Scrub
 
CROOKEDSKINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: KEY WEST FL
Age: 42
Posts: 93
i watch as many games as i can and its been bad
all across the boards
but weve had atleast 4 calls this year that just make my jaw drop
its like they dont want dan to ever get a ring
CROOKEDSKINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 03:36 AM   #22
Registered User
 
offiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: sparta, new jersey [ northern jersey ]
Age: 50
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG
Sorry Charlie but there is no way "the NFL" has such a conspiracy. The NFL is run by the owners and they are not going to sit around and wqtch thier team get whored simply for marketing reasons. And don't even try and compare refing an NFL game and refing anything else. The game is twice as fast making it at least twice as hard to ref.

Absolutly! So why have mostly old men out there officiating? The NFL has elected to have men who can't get out of their own way officiating a game as fast as the NFL? I don't get it? I am 40 yrs old and I can see already how my eye's, and my reflexes have deteriorated and I have led just about as clean of a life that you could imagine, lifting weight's and working out since I was 15, I can't imagine trying to ref a game 15 year's from now, it's a young man's game and that includes the ref's. Further more age has nothing to do with the down by contact rule, or a booth replay inside 2:00 minutes that system was supposedly put into place to police the inability of the ref's to get the call right, so the NFL would rather have a ref who probably couldn't pass an eye exam for a driver's license yelling down by contact, rather than allowing the replay system decide the outcome, down by contact is about as laughable as the NFL tooting their horn on how strict their drug policy is, and using the fact that nobody has tested positive [ or very few ] as an example of how effective their drug policy is at deterring growth enhancement in the NFL when the fact is there are more guy's on roid's than not in the NFL. But just like baseball spewed about how roid's don't help you become a better hitter and everyone shook their head's and said that's right, well they were all wrong.

I don't believe they promote team's persay, I believe they promote individual's and market the league around them they need those individual's to have success in order to bring creditability to the individual they believe they can sell to the public, of corse this individual has to be very talented regardless but a helping hand doesn't hurt either.

Take a look at the patriot's first SB how many thought they would win against the Rams? Remember at the time they were 14 point underdog's, I did and I bet them to win, why? Because after I saw that tuck nonesense against oakland I new the fix was in, why? because after 9/11 it was fitting for our country that a team with the name Patriot's should represent the best the US has to offer, which I had no problem with but I said that very same thing 2 week's before the game and convinced my Giant buddies to jump on board and they all won as well, there was 1 particular play in that SB, the pat's threw an out pattern in there own end which was completed but the reciever clearly landed in bound's yet the ref's stopped the clock, if they don't stop the clock Belichik was on record that they would have taken a knee after that play well we know what happened after that, it's call's like that that bring me to this conclusion, I know this sound's out there but I have watched it happen to many times to not have serious suspicion's, but that's just me I know most are going to laugh it off nothing wrong with that we all have opinion's I say keep an eye on it you may start seeing what I have been seeing. when there is big money involved people are capable of anything. ok have at me. :thumb:
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 03:40 AM   #23
Registered User
 
offiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: sparta, new jersey [ northern jersey ]
Age: 50
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by CROOKEDSKINS
i watch as many games as i can and its been bad
all across the boards
but weve had atleast 4 calls this year that just make my jaw drop
its like they dont want dan to ever get a ring

Interesting thought CS, if the league is run by the owner's as someone earlier stated, well we know how much the owner's love danny, could be the motivating factor, and my grassy knoll that I have been looking for, it sure look's that way doesn't it!
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 09:54 AM   #24
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,984
offiss...
You make some valid points and your arguments begin to sound reasonable then you make some ridiculous assertion that basically invalidates everything you've said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss
Because after I saw that tuck nonesense against oakland I new the fix was in, why? because after 9/11 it was fitting for our country that a team with the name Patriot's should represent the best the US has to offer
sorry but you are nuts man
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 11:11 AM   #25
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG
offiss...
You make some valid points and your arguments begin to sound reasonable then you make some ridiculous assertion that basically invalidates everything you've said.



sorry but you are nuts man
lol yeah that is pretty crazy

Like it or not, the tuck was called correctly. The flaw lies in the rule itself, not with the call that day. The refs got it right.
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 01:05 PM   #26
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss
I don't believe they promote team's persay, I believe they promote individual's and market the league around them they need those individual's to have success in order to bring creditability to the individual they believe they can sell to the public, of corse this individual has to be very talented regardless but a helping hand doesn't hurt either.

Take a look at the patriot's first SB how many thought they would win against the Rams? Remember at the time they were 14 point underdog's, I did and I bet them to win, why? Because after I saw that tuck nonesense against oakland I new the fix was in, why? because after 9/11 it was fitting for our country that a team with the name Patriot's should represent the best the US has to offer
Offiss, how come you say the NFL promotes individuals, not teams, then use a team example for your conspiracy theory?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 01:22 PM   #27
The Starter
 
backrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 36.28 x 76.22
Age: 63
Posts: 1,812
Offiss, you had me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss
Take a look at the patriot's first SB how many thought they would win against the Rams? Remember at the time they were 14 point underdog's, I did and I bet them to win, why? Because after I saw that tuck nonesense against oakland I new the fix was in, why? because after 9/11 it was fitting for our country that a team with the name Patriot's should represent the best the US has to offer, which I had no problem with but I said that very same thing 2 week's before the game and convinced my Giant buddies to jump on board and they all won as well. when there is big money involved people are capable of anything. ok have at me. :thumb:

Offiss, you had me! I thought you were serious until I spotted the wink in the middle of the paragraph! So, SHOW ME THE MONEY!

j/k, It's probably all spent now anyway!

Nothing like an innerOffiss controversy anyway!
__________________
'37, '42, '83, '88, '92. Championship!
backrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 02:15 PM   #28
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,407
ofiss I can believe it I was at that game, on the feild at times and it just seemed like the Rams were so nonscelaunt. either way if it's true or not things need to change!
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29306 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25