Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


sam bradford

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 12:15 PM   #16
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,506
Re: sam bradford

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Agreed, because I'm not sure I would really classify Flacco and Cutler as franchise QBs

And Dirtbag can't understand why Whitehurst isn't on the list

I think I said it a few weeks back. I believe Bradford vs. Ryan could be the Manning vs. Brady of the next decade.
Definitely could go that way
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-15-2010, 12:18 PM   #17
Impact Rookie
 
skinster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 754
Re: sam bradford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
There are always plenty of quality QBs available outside of the top 10
true, but odds are that those guys don't hit as often. Since 2004 the only two franchise qbs I see not drafted in the top 11 are schaub, cassel, and rogers (no I dont count flacco or freeman...franchise qbs win games, not manage them)
The franchise qbs I see taken in the top 11 are roethesberger, manning, rivers, bradford, ryan, cutler (the guy gets hate, but had one bad year...he belongs), and possibly stafford (sanchez does not belong...he does not have what it takes).

I'd say having a top 10 pick is pretty important to getting a franchise qb...especially because Id say schaub and cassel are the two qbs on this list that I'd want least to be my franchise qb.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:20 PM   #18
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,681
Re: sam bradford

I already know what is going to happen. Bet the farm for Andrew Luck. Watch.
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:25 PM   #19
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,506
Re: sam bradford

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
true, but odds are that those guys don't hit as often. Since 2004 the only two franchise qbs I see not drafted in the top 11 are schaub, cassel, and rogers (no I dont count flacco or freeman...franchise qbs win games, not manage them)
The franchise qbs I see taken in the top 11 are roethesberger, manning, rivers, bradford, ryan, cutler (the guy gets hate, but had one bad year...he belongs), and possibly stafford (sanchez does not belong...he does not have what it takes).

I'd say having a top 10 pick is pretty important to getting a franchise qb...especially because Id say schaub and cassel are the two qbs on this list that I'd want least to be my franchise qb.
Well, you're dishing out a lot of subjective opinion here, and why is top 11 the cutoff, I thought we were talking top 10? Any why the small sample size of only going back to 2004?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:27 PM   #20
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: sam bradford

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
true, but odds are that those guys don't hit as often. Since 2004 the only two franchise qbs I see not drafted in the top 11 are schaub, cassel, and rogers (no I dont count flacco or freeman...franchise qbs win games, not manage them)
The franchise qbs I see taken in the top 11 are roethesberger, manning, rivers, bradford, ryan, cutler (the guy gets hate, but had one bad year...he belongs), and possibly stafford (sanchez does not belong...he does not have what it takes).

I'd say having a top 10 pick is pretty important to getting a franchise qb...especially because Id say schaub and cassel are the two qbs on this list that I'd want least to be my franchise qb.
Freeman has developed quite a reputation of being a 4th quarter comeback guy, and he also came close to put the Bucs in prime position for a comeback Atlanta a couple weeks ago, only to be stuffed because they couldn't punch it in with Blount.

This was in October:
Josh Freeman pulls off another fourth quarter comeback | ProFootballTalk
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:42 PM   #21
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,025
Re: sam bradford

I have No comment
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:45 PM   #22
Impact Rookie
 
skinster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 754
Re: sam bradford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Well, you're dishing out a lot of subjective opinion here, and why is top 11 the cutoff, I thought we were talking top 10? Any why the small sample size of only going back to 2004?
I made it 11 because 11 is close enough to 10 and roethlessberger and cutler were 11 while all the rest were top 5.
The small sample size is because the league is constantly evolving. I can't quantify how much the talent evaluation process of quarterbacks and the types that fit into what systems has evolved in the last 10 years, but I assume it is too much to accurately use a sample size any larger than 6-7 years.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:46 PM   #23
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,098
Re: sam bradford

C-Jason Brown
LT-Smith
RT-Rogers Saffold

RB-Stephen Jackson

Plus Pat Shurmur at OC guiding a young QB

Then you also have to look at Colt McCoy also he's playing quite well in his limited starts
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:46 PM   #24
Playmaker
 
celts32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Age: 42
Posts: 2,656
Re: sam bradford

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
true, but odds are that those guys don't hit as often. Since 2004 the only two franchise qbs I see not drafted in the top 11 are schaub, cassel, and rogers (no I dont count flacco or freeman...franchise qbs win games, not manage them)
The franchise qbs I see taken in the top 11 are roethesberger, manning, rivers, bradford, ryan, cutler (the guy gets hate, but had one bad year...he belongs), and possibly stafford (sanchez does not belong...he does not have what it takes).

I'd say having a top 10 pick is pretty important to getting a franchise qb...especially because Id say schaub and cassel are the two qbs on this list that I'd want least to be my franchise qb.
I would not call Cassel or Stafford a franchise QB just yet. Not enough of a sample of great play.
__________________
Section 115 Row 23

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

http://victorybeer.com/
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:50 PM   #25
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,506
Re: sam bradford

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
I made it 11 because 11 is close enough to 10 and roethlessberger and cutler were 11 while all the rest were top 5.
The small sample size is because the league is constantly evolving. I can't quantify how much the talent evaluation process of quarterbacks and the types that fit into what systems has evolved in the last 10 years, but I assume it is too much to accurately use a sample size any larger than 6-7 years.
lol how convenient for your argument
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:54 PM   #26
Impact Rookie
 
skinster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 754
Re: sam bradford

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
C-Jason Brown
LT-Smith
RT-Rogers Saffold

RB-Stephen Jackson

Plus Pat Shurmur at OC guiding a young QB

Then you also have to look at Colt McCoy also he's playing quite well in his limited starts
Roger saffold is a rookie 2nd round pick

Stephen Jackson is having a terrible year...the rams rushing attack averages 3.8 yards per rush, and has 7 total tds.

Who is pat shurmur? I googled him and on the first page there is a movement to get him fired.

Lets not get carried away on colt mccoy...he had 3 tds in 5 starts, and averages under 200 yards per game.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:59 PM   #27
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: sam bradford

I'm pretty sure Jason Smith is their right tackle and Saffold their left tackle.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:01 PM   #28
Impact Rookie
 
skinster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 754
Re: sam bradford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
lol how convenient for your argument
"Top 10" is an estimated term. Its only used to indicate a high pick. 11 I'd consider a high pick while the next highest picked "franchise qb" was aaron rogers at 24. I'd say that's a pretty big gap that proves my point.

But just for the record, now that you have me thinking about it, I'd have to say the top third is high, the middle third is middle, and the last third is last. I'd say that close enough can count for either, so I'll say the cutoffs are roughly at 10-12 and at 20-22.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:04 PM   #29
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,453
Re: sam bradford

Heard a stat the other day, if things hold up, 10 of the 12 QBs in the playoffs were first rounders, with the exception of Drew Brees (I believe the first pick in the 2nd round) and Tom Brady.

Although there are a fair share of scrubs that haven't panned out, there's something to be said about drafting a QB with your first pick.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #30
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 49
Posts: 15,818
Re: sam bradford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Before it's too late? Is the supply of franchise QBs out there running out? :cheeky-sm
You didn't hear that there is only two years left for QB's. Who knows what will happen after that.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27839 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25