Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


sam bradford

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 11:20 PM   #76
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: sam bradford

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
Jackson is the only one on that team that gets carries...that is why he is ranked so high in yards. 3.9 yds per carry is even less impressive when you have only 4 tds...indicative on not being a short yardage back.
Assumptions my friend assumptions and opinions.
Your discounting his yards per game.

Quote:
You misinterpret me. I'm not saying that because they are not know[n] that automatically means they are not good, I'm saying that with these guys they are not known because they are not good...look at their start totals. Any quality TE would have started at least close to one full season.
LoL, i actually get the distinction you're trying to make but it still doesn't hold water b/c these Fells and Bejema together are giving quality production from the TE spot.

Quote:
First of all, you did say you watch them play, and said saffold is good...you honestly can't know that about an O-lineman unless you are paying attention to him, please don't backtrack.
I'm not backtracking at all there's a difference between your strawman which claimed i was analyzing week in and week out:
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
There is literally no way you watch enough rams games to analyze how good of a job saffold is doing week in and week out. I'm calling shenanigans on that one.
I like most fans don't know enough about the being a waist bender, leg kick, dip and drive to analyze OL. But i know enough to watch and see a guy not getting beat i.e a guy playing well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
Speak for yourself my friend i watch a lot of football.
Sometimes at a bar sometimes opn RZ sometimes i even watch the NFL package 30 minute re-caps.
Saffold is playing well and the Rams have a good OL.
Quote:
Second of all, there is no blind claim being made. It is a claim based on statistics. Putting ANY rookie offensive linemen in usually isn't ideal, but to have a non-first round OL really isn't ideal. Yes it's true he could be doing well. But with not having analyzed him it is not unreasonable to assume that a second round rookie OL isn't ideal.
Its unreasonable to make any assumption based on a blind hunch.
Its also unreasonable to assume that rookie OL aren't ideal or that non-1st round also aren't ideal.
Teams draft OL all through the draft w/ the expectation that they will start and play well especially in rounds 1-3.

Quote:
Thirdly (is that a word?), sacks is not a statistic.... But 2 credited is still impressive, I might be wrong and he might be good, but even if he is I do not find it wrong for me to assume that he is not an ideal blind protector this year (just like I still don't think bellicheck made the wrong decision to go for it on 4th and 2 against the colts last year)
I believe the word you're looking for is tertiary.
Again your logic is very fuzzy here even though you know the truth to be contrary to your assumption you still assert your assumption?
*I agree w/ that Bellicheck made the right call.

Quote:
That's simple math telling us that no, you most definitely have not watched enough rams games to make any statement about their left tackle.
I've already addressed this question earlier.
And you can look at the number of starts and the number of sacks allowed and the general consensus about Saffold and know that he's playing well.
They less you hear negative about a LT the better.
E.g did you hear anything negative about Saffold when the Rams played the Skins?
Do you hear anything negative the Rams OL or about the Saffold on ESPN or NFLN?
Home much of Joe Thomas if at all do you have to watch to know that he's playing well?

Quote:
And I had a typo about the "team movement" comment, I meant to say "home team movement" as in the fans not the players. But I actually just read the link I saw, and I was wrong about that too. Here's the link I saw St. Louis Please Fire Pat Shurmur
That's a big difference from "team movement" to "home team movement" but hey we all make mistakes.
A link to a draft blog?
BTW Be careful w/ Maguire at walters draft site he can get very unprofessional w/ his draft info but i digress.

Quote:
Still the guy does not seem to have a good enough pedigree to credit bradfords success to him.
Of course not b/c you don't want to give credit to anyone except Bradford.
Not the OL not the RB not the coaching.
But here's some enough about Shurmur's not good enough pedigree:

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast pedigree makes Shurmur a sure thing
"Pat has done a heck of job," Reid said. "It's not easy filling in for Brad Childress. I know Donovan (McNabb) has a lot of respect for Pat."
It's not a huge surprise Shurmur is where he is. Coaching is in the family. His uncle, Fritz Shurmur, was Green Bay's defensive coordinator when Reid was an offensive assistant for the Packers. In the early '90s, Shurmur coached the offensive line, tight ends at special teams at Michigan State. When the family visited Fritz in Green Bay, Shurmur stopped by Reid's office.

In the film room and practice, Shurmur will tell McNabb what to look for and what to do in certain situations.

If a cornerback or safety does this, McNabb should look for that. If a linebacker does this, McNabb should watch for that.

"From a psychological standpoint, he does a great job of making all of us quarterbacks, particularly Donovan, relaxed about the game plan and all the different situations that could come up in a game," Detmer said. "He doesn't get all worked about whether it's good or bad. You're going to have highs and lows. Lots of things are going on, and you've got to be able to stay calm."
USATODAY.com - West Coast pedigree makes Shurmur a sure thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BY BERNIE MIKLASZ, Post-Dispatch Sports
No. 1, Shurmur is keeping rookie quarterback Sam Bradford out of harm's way most of the time. Only 5.5 percent of the Rams' attempts to pass end in a sack. That's among the lowest sack rates in the NFL this season. That's also the lowest sack rate by a Rams offense since the team moved to St. Louis in 1995. Reducing sacks not only minimizes the number of hits on Bradford, it also helps the Rams avoid drive-killing negative plays. A passing game that gets rid of the ball quickly also gives young offensive tackles Rodger Saffold and Jason Smith a chance to develop under more reasonable circumstances. Saffold and Smith have allowed only three sacks (combined) this season.

No. 2, Bradford is developing a rhythm and confidence in the West Coast offense. This has been a superb experience for Bradford to learn how to master the shorter pass routes that form the foundation of the West Coast offense. Bradford has put his surprisingly deft mobility into action with rollout passes. Bradford has distributed the ball to many receivers; even if the passes are short, it helps to keep the defense off guard about knowing where the ball will go. Establishing the discipline required to run this offense is a valuable component to a quarterback's development. Bradford is nailing down the fundamentals; he'll be more prepared to take the St. Louis passing game to the next level in 2011.

No. 3, the Shurmur concept of going methodical is setting the Rams up on some long and fruitful scoring drives. They rank seventh in the NFL in 10-play drives. They're 11th in the league in points produced (50) from 10-play scoring drives. They are tied for ninth for the largest number of possessions that last five minutes or longer. Their average scoring drive lasts 8.8 plays and 3 minutes, 57 seconds; only four NFL teams are going on longer marches to secure points.

Bradford is a crucial factor in the success. He's been special on third-down plays, keeping drives going with timely completions. Bradford has connected on 60 percent of his third-down throws. He has six touchdowns and no interceptions on third down. Bradford's third-down passer rating of 101.2 is the league's sixth best. And the Rams are 11th in the NFL in converting third downs.
Shurmur gets the most out of Rams' offense

^^Great article about Shurmur and the Rams offense

Quote:
Lastly, please stop insulting my logic, trust me, there is nothing wrong with it.
I'm not "insulting" your logic either i'm questioning the validity of some of your logic.
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-15-2010, 11:45 PM   #77
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: sam bradford

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
Actually the browns get more yards per game than the rams. But they are close enough that it is irrelivant.
Right.
But you said this:
Quote:
Also, McCoy greatly benefits from Hillis
Which is why i pointed out that in fact Stephen Jackson gives Bradford more YPG then Hillis gives the Browns:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
Stephen Jackson actually gives Bradford more yards per game then Hillis does for the Browns: 83.2 ypg vs 82.3 ypg
NFL Stats: by Player Category
Quote:
What I find to be most relivant for a featured back is YPC and TDs. The fact that Jackson has significantly worse ypc, but the same yards means that the rams (bradford) completes more 3rd down conversions than the browns.
This is a unsupported blanket assumption/opinion/speculation the lower ypc could have any number of meanings.


Quote:
Anyways, I view McCoy as a lesser roethlesberger. Someone who is not a conventional qb, but finds a way to win. His numbers do suck though, and he has not done enough to convince me beyond doubt that he has what it takes to lead a winning ballclub. I haven't written McCoy off yet, but he still hasn't done enough to prove anything to me.
Colts numbers sucks? But Bradford's are the best you've ever seen for a rookie QB?
81/127---63.8 comp %
975 yards
7.7 YPA
3 TDs/ 3 INTs
85.3 QB Rating

I view McCoy kinda like a cross between a more disciplined version of Romo and a bigger stronger armed Jeff Garcia.
Anyway here's some McCoy highlights:


__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:29 AM   #78
Impact Rookie
 
skinster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 754
Re: sam bradford

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
Right.
But you said this:

Which is why i pointed out that in fact Stephen Jackson gives Bradford more YPG then Hillis gives the Browns:



This is a unsupported blanket assumption/opinion/speculation the lower ypc could have any number of meanings.



Colts numbers sucks? But Bradford's are the best you've ever seen for a rookie QB?
81/127---63.8 comp %
975 yards
7.7 YPA
3 TDs/ 3 INTs
85.3 QB Rating

I view McCoy kinda like a cross between a more disciplined version of Romo and a bigger stronger armed Jeff Garcia.
Anyway here's some McCoy highlights:



I do have responses for your posts, but I'm craming for finals now. I'm not going to respond, but don't think this means I'm done...I'll be back (hopefully I'll remember to be back).
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:20 AM   #79
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,520
Re: sam bradford

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
Yea well I want a superbowl, and I think to try and accomplish anything else is ludacris, and I don't really understand why you wouldn't want that either.

Where did I EVER state that I didn't want the Redskins to win a Super Bowl? And where does it STATE that in order to win a Super Bowl, you must have a franchise QB? Obviously, that isn't true, because the Redskins, Bucs, Ravens, and Giants have all proved that an overall solid team with depth is going to win you Super Bowls.

On the contrary, there have been several teams with franchise QBs that didn't win Super Bowls with those Franchise QBs. Oh, Dan Marino comes to mind. And Elway didn't when his Super Bowls until he had a great supporting cast around him. So, don't tell me that the only way a team wins it all is if they have a franchise QB, because that isn't the case.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:58 AM   #80
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: sam bradford

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
I do have responses for your posts, but I'm craming for finals now. I'm not going to respond, but don't think this means I'm done...I'll be back (hopefully I'll remember to be back).
I hear yah bro, just finished last week.
I got all the time in the world.
But, when you post keep in mind that i don't disagree that Bradford is playing well.
However the notion that he's basically the best rookie QB ever while playing in vacuum without help isn't true.
And some of the assertions you've made to support that he's succeeding without help have already been disproven i.e.-
1) he doesn't have a running game
2) he doesn't have a good OL
3) he doesn't have a good OC

Good Luck on your finals try and get a good night sleep before the exam
If you're old enough to drink:

My initial point wasn't that Bradford wasn't playing well it contained what i thought most non-casual fans would already know and my opinion about Colt McCoy's performance:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
C-Jason Brown
LT-Smith
RT-Rogers Saffold

RB-Stephen Jackson

Plus Pat Shurmur at OC guiding a young QB

Then you also have to look at Colt McCoy also he's playing quite well in his limited starts
Bradford and the Rams have some of the basic essentials needed to support a QB especially a young QB.
In short a bad team especially at certain key areas within a bad franchise cannot support a franchise QB.
Eg. the Buccs they had Steve Young and Doug Williams (although Doug took them to the playoffs both struggled their and won SB elsewhere)
A QBs success is largely situation dependent.
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole

Last edited by 30gut; 12-16-2010 at 05:53 PM.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:18 PM   #81
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,524
Re: sam bradford

Sad thing is that we couldn't end up getting him even though we tried endlessly. The whole reason McNabb was even brought in was to facilitate a trade to the Rams (packaged with the #4) which they pulled out of. (and hence why McNabb is really here)
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:01 PM   #82
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,635
Re: sam bradford

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Sad thing is that we couldn't end up getting him even though we tried endlessly. The whole reason McNabb was even brought in was to facilitate a trade to the Rams (packaged with the #4) which they pulled out of. (and hence why McNabb is really here)
Interesting theory
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:16 PM   #83
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,256
Re: sam bradford

Yeah I was going to say and he knows this how...?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:28 PM   #84
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Re: sam bradford

^ he knows it from bleacher report probably SMH, because they are always reliable. They also reported that we were getting cutler through a 3 team trade that had Cooley going to Cleveland lol
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:45 PM   #85
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,521
Re: sam bradford

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Sad thing is that we couldn't end up getting him even though we tried endlessly. The whole reason McNabb was even brought in was to facilitate a trade to the Rams (packaged with the #4) which they pulled out of. (and hence why McNabb is really here)
The government also carried out controlled demolitions for 9/11 and the masons secretly run the banks while planning the creation of a NWO using suggestions provided by the aliens that landed in Roswell during the 50's. The aliens also taught us how to make a moon landing look real.
__________________
6.6710−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:00 PM   #86
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,520
Re: sam bradford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
The government also carried out controlled demolitions for 9/11 and the masons secretly run the banks while planning the creation of a NWO using suggestions provided by the aliens that landed in Roswell during the 50's. The aliens also taught us how to make a moon landing look real.
Oh this is old news! AND....when you're in the NWO, you're in the NWO for llllllliiiiiiiffffffeeeeeee........!!!!!
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:06 PM   #87
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,521
Re: sam bradford

Is Saffold really better or has he been a really good rookie tackle thats been fortunate enough to only face a fraction of the elite pass rushers Williams has had to take on? Still I thought Saffold would be good, but not better then Williams/Okung good.
__________________
6.6710−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:44 PM   #88
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: sam bradford

Thanks for the link.
Interesting stuff especially picks No.4 and No.7
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:03 PM   #89
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: sam bradford

Remember that Pat Shurmur guy?
He's about to become a HC.
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:04 PM   #90
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: sam bradford

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
Remember that Pat Shurmur guy?
He's about to become a HC.
It's a fantastic pick for the Browns, who could be right up with the Ravens and Steelers as soon as 2012.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.43301 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25