Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Michael Vick Wants to Get a Dog (Seriously)

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 07:55 PM   #16
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,189
Re: Michael Vick Wants to Get a Dog (Seriously)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Vick deserves to have a pet. He has done his time, it is time for people to let it go. I'm sure that he will be able to own one once his probation/sentence is officially "over".
so someone goes to jail for armed robery they do their time, do you think they should be able to own a firearm?

i know it's two different things, but guess what he made the choice to do what he did so no he will have to face the consiquences for the rest of his life, thats the way it is. he is very lucky and fourtunate the way things have worked out for him. he was able to re-join the nfl and make a very good living for himself, alot of felons are not nearly as lucky.

the fact that he cannot and should not every have another animal is something he will have to deal with. and he will have to tell his children the reason they/he cannot have a pet and hopefully it will help his children understand that there are consiquences for your actions.

bottom line is he did something awful and he has certain restrictions on him for the rest of his life.
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-15-2010, 09:18 PM   #17
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: baltimore
Posts: 3,304
Re: Michael Vick Wants to Get a Dog (Seriously)

should a pedophile who did his time be allowed to become an elementary school teacher?

you all are focusing on the fact that he is banned from owning a pet, putting your focus on the contrast btw the priority of a dog's life vs a human's life in our society.

im not saying any persons opinion on this is wrong but this punishment is not about dogs or animals. its about the criminal and his acts, not the victim. its about a person who plead guilty to facts which included the direct strangulation of a dog being held into a tub of water by Mike Vicks hands until it died. That he would take labs and poodles and throw them in a cage with a vicious pit so that pit can get his blood thurst on.

The reason Mike Vick can never have a pet for the rest of his life is b/c he did something repeatedly and knowingly that was so inhumane, cold hearted and insane that a life ban was appropriate, much like a pedophile at a school or a felon owning a handgun.

the punishment is about the criminal, not the victim.

with that said, i think as long as its not a pit or rot, i think it sounds like a great idea, to bad it aint happenin.

rbajnree - nice use of (seriously)
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:24 PM   #18
Impact Rookie
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reisterstown, MD
Posts: 915
Re: Michael Vick Wants to Get a Dog (Seriously)

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
should a pedophile who did his time be allowed to become an elementary school teacher?

you all are focusing on the fact that he is banned from owning a pet, putting your focus on the contrast btw the priority of a dog's life vs a human's life in our society.

im not saying any persons opinion on this is wrong but this punishment is not about dogs or animals. its about the criminal and his acts, not the victim. its about a person who plead guilty to facts which included the direct strangulation of a dog being held into a tub of water by Mike Vicks hands until it died. That he would take labs and poodles and throw them in a cage with a vicious pit so that pit can get his blood thurst on.

The reason Mike Vick can never have a pet for the rest of his life is b/c he did something repeatedly and knowingly that was so inhumane, cold hearted and insane that a life ban was appropriate, much like a pedophile at a school or a felon owning a handgun.

the punishment is about the criminal, not the victim.

with that said, i think as long as its not a pit or rot, i think it sounds like a great idea, to bad it aint happenin.

rbajnree - nice use of (seriously)

Great post. Although I disagree with the last statement. I don't think he should be allowed to have a dog period. Children are shown to be pliable and change behaviors. Adults are much more set in their ways. IHe would be back to killing dogs in a matter of time imo.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:40 PM   #19
The Starter
 
skinsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,224
Re: Michael Vick Wants to Get a Dog (Seriously)

I don't think he should be a caregiver of any type....that includes people too.
This guy has a very violent background...the fact that they even let him play again is remarkable to me. The worst case scenario in coming back to the NFL was not that he would fail....it's that he would perform well and become a hero figure to the kids.
The NFL has too much of that already....think of a famous Raven and an ex buffalo bill RB off the top of my head.

Is the NFL so desperate for ratings that they needed to allow this guy on the field again?
What about all the wife beaters, etc?
What is the NFL saying....that it is ok to be violent, as long as you pay your dues you can come back?.....what kind of image is that.
Like it or not...NFL players become superstars and become role models to our kids who idolize them....if they learn their background, it normalizes the behavior.

I know most of you may not agree with me....(I'd love Vick's talent too)...but after much thought...I think the NFL should be much stricter with violent offenders than any other sport due to the violent nature of the game.
No ex convicts should ever be able to play the game again.....period.
__________________
I hate Dallas...Period
skinsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #20
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 12,000
Re: Michael Vick Wants to Get a Dog (Seriously)

I don't think there's anything wrong with him owning a dog at this point in his life. Comparing a man who ran a dogfighting ring to a pedophile is... Wow. Just a really really not great example in my opinion. A pedophile tends to be someone who has no control over his actions and cannot be rehabilitated. (At least I don't think so. Once a child molester, always a child molester). They often don't know what they're doing is wrong, although some do... and pedophiles have a high recidivism rate, meaning more than likely, they're going to end up reoffending at some point in their life.

In this case, Vick KNEW what he was doing was wrong, he has control over his actions, he served his time, did his community service and at this point in his career after being given a second chance and sitting at a potential Super Bowl appearance... He'd be a straight imbecile to screw himself up again. If anything I can understand Vick being banned from owning dogs historically bred to protect/fight (Pits or bully breeds, Rottweilers, Dobermans, etc) but I mean if the dude wanted... I dunno a golden retriever.. For example... Then he may be the first man to set up a golden retriever dogfighting ring, in the history of dog fighting.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:58 PM   #21
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,731
Re: Michael Vick Wants to Get a Dog (Seriously)

If he's closely supervised, sure a dog could help him as part of his rehab.

Some people are really going overboard here, as usual.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:08 PM   #22
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
Re: Michael Vick Wants to Get a Dog (Seriously)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Maybe he can start with a chia pet and some sea monkeys and see how he handles those
Toss in a pet rock too and see how that works out...
__________________
The Sports Curmudgeon
www.sportscurmudgeon.com
But don't get me wrong, I love sports...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:22 PM   #23
Special Teams
 
DM72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 146
Re: Michael Vick Wants to Get a Dog (Seriously)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
No ex convicts should ever be able to play the game again.....period.
Be careful. There's guys that have done worse than what Vick did that still played.
DM72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:17 PM   #24
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Michael Vick Wants to Get a Dog (Seriously)

So I guess it's a sure thing that Vick wants one just to kill one, since obviously, like a pedo, he just can't stop having that urge to kill dogs. It's scientifically proven.
hmmmmm
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:05 AM   #25
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 12,000
Re: Michael Vick Wants to Get a Dog (Seriously)

Blah.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:09 AM   #26
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Michael Vick Wants to Get a Dog (Seriously)

'twas just a sarcastic recap of what was being spewed out by certain previous posters.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:39 AM   #27
Impact Rookie
 
Zerohero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: newport news, va
Age: 35
Posts: 756
Re: Michael Vick Wants to Get a Dog (Seriously)

You guys are hilarious, these threads always bring out the worst analogy's. He never killed his pets, he was involved in local culture that was acceptable to most in area but also against law. I honestly don't think he regrets his decisions just that he got caught, but to play in the NFL he has to act the part now.

Having a family pet has nothing to do with dog fighting, however if he opened up a kennel that would be different. The "i hope the dog turns against him and drowns him" is real classy.
Zerohero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:44 AM   #28
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,392
Re: Michael Vick Wants to Get a Dog (Seriously)

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpaint View Post
Here is a thought maybe we can lure him away from the Eagles next year if we promise him will we keep a box of puppies in the locker room.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:54 AM   #29
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,392
Re: Michael Vick Wants to Get a Dog (Seriously)

Man I actually thought twice before starting this thread but reading some of the comments I don't regret it at all. Some of the comments are hilarious and some are actually pretty insightful.

Good job warpath community lol
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:51 AM   #30
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,615
Re: Michael Vick Wants to Get a Dog (Seriously)

Controversy continues to hound Vick.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.38090 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25