Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Report: Fred Davis Accused of Assault at Club

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 07:09 PM   #31
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,687
Re: Report: Fred Davis Accused of Assault at Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacks42 View Post
Oh No!!! OJ strikes again.....
who drinks orange juice at a club?
ROFL!! Nice!
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  

Advertisements
Old 01-06-2011, 07:15 PM   #32
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Report: Fred Davis Accused of Assault at Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacks42 View Post
Oh No!!! OJ strikes again.....
who drinks orange juice at a club?
I will if it has vodka in it.
Beemnseven is offline  
Old 01-06-2011, 07:29 PM   #33
Impact Rookie
 
Stacks42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arlington Va.
Age: 37
Posts: 669
Re: Report: Fred Davis Accused of Assault at Club

it was in a plastic bottle..
__________________
The NEXT special teams coordinator
Stacks42 is offline  
Old 01-06-2011, 07:41 PM   #34
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,105
Re: Report: Fred Davis Accused of Assault at Club

I wonder if anyone was on that DRANK? Lmao
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 01-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #35
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,951
Re: Report: Fred Davis Accused of Assault at Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
Mooby,
I understand your point...but the NFL actually provides training to teach these guys to stay out of trouble by staying out of bad situations....it seems to me that the majority of problems sports players get into is because they have put themselves in high risk situation..such as bars, hanging out with friends with a bad history, carrying weapons, going on party boats, etc.
Just because you are a professional athlete does not mean you should be a moron....in fact you need to be far more restrictive with where and with whom you hang out with....I know this is a sore subject but even Sean Taylor was a victim on who he chose to hang with...so did Vick, etc.
If it weren't such a problem....why would the NFL spend so much money and time trying to drum in players heads to stay out of places with trouble written all over them.

I have kids....I don't take them to NFL games...why?....because I don't want them exposed to the language and drunkeness.

Professional atheletes can not be suprised that they get accused at bars for assault, drunkeness, sexual harrassment, dui's...etc.
These guys have bullseyes on their backs and they are more at risk at a bar than they are on the field. They will be targetted by drunks taking dares and women looking for money/bragging rights.
These guys are crazy for hanging out with the general public that has a mix of people that are drunk or on drugs...It is hard enough for these guys to go to Walmart without incident.

Ask yourself this...is it really that important to risk your career just to drink beers with a bunch of strangers?

The average career for an NFL player is what....5 years or so?
Can't they chill for that long?

Funny...I don't hear of Peyton Manning getting into trouble for this....it's probably because he listed to his dad.

I know what I am saying is unrealistic...but this is classic where not to go and what not to do taught in NFL 101.

Maybe Fred will take this as a learning experience if he is smart.
We should all mail him a box of wine to enjoy at home
I'd answer that question but unfortunately I'm not a professional athlete with millions of dollars looking for a good time. FD knew what he was getting himself into. All athletes know what they are getting themselves into, you just seem to be forgetting these guys are human. They buy houses, cars, marry, and have kids just like we do. They also go to clubs to have a good time, just like we do.

Just like the law frowns on murdering other people, the NFL frowns on players putting themselves in dangerous situations. But just because murder is frowned upon, it doesn't mean it doesn't happen, and it also doesn't mean NFL players won't go to clubs just because The Rog doesn't want them to. I know those are two extremely different examples, but the point remains the same.
mooby is offline  
Old 01-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #36
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Report: Fred Davis Accused of Assault at Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Yeah I thought that was weird

But as far as him being at the club in the first place, hundreds of pro athletes throughout the country were out last night and most had no incident. So it's not as big a deal as it's made out to be
Especially in the offseason, not that he hides from clubs during the regular season.
tryfuhl is offline  
Old 01-06-2011, 09:42 PM   #37
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Report: Fred Davis Accused of Assault at Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacks42 View Post
Oh No!!! OJ strikes again.....
who drinks orange juice at a club?
People who take ecstacy

shitstorm, commence..
tryfuhl is offline  
Old 01-07-2011, 12:14 AM   #38
Registered User
 
Nomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 518
Re: Report: Fred Davis Accused of Assault at Club

Who cares......... community service.... move on
Nomad is offline  
Old 01-07-2011, 12:21 AM   #39
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Report: Fred Davis Accused of Assault at Club

Accused, but certainly won't be convicted because Davis didn't start it and his "retaliation" was hardly a retaliation.

Hell, Brandon Marshall was worse, stayed a starter, and was homesick for Shanahan once Mccrapniels took over.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline  
Old 01-07-2011, 12:35 AM   #40
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,429
Re: Report: Fred Davis Accused of Assault at Club

Man, this franchise has so many issues. I hope that the players are smart and don't bring any extra problems over the off-season
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline  
Old 01-07-2011, 02:24 AM   #41
The Starter
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 2,365
Re: Report: Fred Davis Accused of Assault at Club

I like comment #9
Quote:
Maybe his punishment should be playing for the Redkins next season!!!
jamf is offline  
Old 01-07-2011, 04:57 AM   #42
Playmaker
 
skins89moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,135
Re: Report: Fred Davis Accused of Assault at Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
Maybe going to clubs explains why he slept through practice as a rookie!
This guy needs to stay out of trouble...hopefully, this issue will be a wake up call for him to be far more careful
Come on dude that sleeping through practice his rookie year is so freaking old. If thats all you got on him then why keep bringing that up? Is not like he was funding a dog fighting ring or something.
__________________
www.islandstyleflowers.com Home of the Hawaiian Foam FlowersRedskins Fan Since 1972
skins89moss is offline  
Old 01-07-2011, 05:17 AM   #43
Playmaker
 
skins89moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,135
Re: Report: Fred Davis Accused of Assault at Club

People can file a police report and accuse anyone for some type of crime but they need more than just a statement to get a conviction. Fred Davis should be thankful that a camera recorded the incident and it showed what exactley he said happend. Maybe he will learn that its just better to not to retiliate because he has alot more to lose then this dumbass chick who had a major attitude. He has to remember that people will recognize him and try to bate him into some type of altercation just to get him to respond negative, just like he did with throwing the drink on her. Lets hope this is a learning experence for Mr. Davis and this time he will not be charge with a crime.
__________________
www.islandstyleflowers.com Home of the Hawaiian Foam FlowersRedskins Fan Since 1972
skins89moss is offline  
Old 01-07-2011, 06:10 AM   #44
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Report: Fred Davis Accused of Assault at Club

Sometimes I wonder if those who post what athletes should and shouldn't do enforce such strict standards on themselves.

Wait, I know the answer "no they don't" because they are always throwing out that cop out line "if I were a millionaire and pro athelete". Translation: "I'm not rich or an athlete so I go to bars and live it up all I want but they better not do it'.

And who connects the dots between 2 incidents that are 3 years apart? "He woke up for practice late when he was a rookie so he must have been living it up in a bar because that's what he was doing last night when he retialiated against some drunk ghetto woman". Those are 2 totally unrelated instances. You are assuming that he overslept because he was hungover. Second, there is no evidence that he had been excessively drinking in the club either. Throwing a drink doesn't count because these guys retaliate over lesser things on the field.

They should stay out of bars for 5 years? When was the last time you were in a club or bar? I bet it has been less than 5 years. Oh wait that's right, you're a rich, pro athlete, millionaire, saint.

I am glad that the surveilance prooved his innocence.

Anywho I hope that he lives life, drinks it up, and gets into all the minor mischief he wants right now because it is the offseason and he is human. I would much rather have it happen now than durring the season.
KLHJ2 is offline  
Old 01-07-2011, 08:43 AM   #45
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,544
Re: Report: Fred Davis Accused of Assault at Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
looks like a pretty swanky place:

Josephine | 1008 Vermont Ave NW
I've been to Josephine but got the hell outta there around the time all the kiddes were coming in. Typical club scene type of place. They let too many people in which in turn means you can't move and the drinks are over priced. But the bartenders look like models. To me this is really a non story. I'm sure this dumb low rent women is going to try and sue Davis. If you go to a club expect to get bumped into.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30844 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25