Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Nnamdi Asomugha contract voided should Redskins go after him or do you think the price will be too high.

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011, 11:51 AM   #61
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,420
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha contract voided should Redskins go after him or do you think the price will be too high.

I think tags will be back, but will be modified from what they are now.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-11-2011, 03:35 PM   #62
Special Teams
 
Dread-Skin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Towson area
Posts: 288
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha contract voided should Redskins go after him or do you think the price will be too high.

Nmadi is amazing but we have a pourous OL, and pretty much need an overhauling at nearly all positions excluding maybe 8 starting spots. We dont need a huge FA we need to sure up our trenches and get good character blue collar guys who enjoy football first. IMO.
__________________
When do Brandon Banks authentics hit the market?
Dread-Skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:55 PM   #63
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,732
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha contract voided should Redskins go after him or do you think the price will be too high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Skin View Post
Nmadi is amazing but we have a pourous OL, and pretty much need an overhauling at nearly all positions excluding maybe 8 starting spots. We dont need a huge FA we need to sure up our trenches and get good character blue collar guys who enjoy football first. IMO.
Compromise. At least one big time free agent offensive lineman under 28. Personally I'm confident we're going to find our diamonds in the rough on the line. Heck we might already have two of them in Capers and Cook, however history suggest that they're going to need time to develop before they're ready to play.

If I had to bet a lot of money I would put it on us getting Davin Joesph through free agency. Would love to get Ryan Kalil but the Panthers would be stupid to let him hit free agency, seeing as how he's the best Center in the league behind Mangold as well as the fact that Kalil has said he'd like to stay.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:22 PM   #64
Robert Griffin III
 
Monksdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 1,495
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha contract voided should Redskins go after him or do you think the price will be too high.

The price is never too high for us if we don't have to spend draft picks to make something happen. I think Champ Bailey would be where the relative bargain would be found.

I wouldn't get him if it in any way prohibited us from landing a stud on either line. That's for the FO to know, and plan for. Becuase i'm ignorant of the CBA situation, and of our willingness to put money out there with no idea what the future cap will look like.

Speaking out of pure speculation, it would be nice if we could sign him to a 70 million, 5 year deal with 30 million guaranteed. And if we weighted it heavily before the lockout, then we wouldn't have to worry so much about the cap hit when the cap is put back in place. Again, i don't even know if that's feasible.
__________________
Robert Griffin III
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:39 PM   #65
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,009
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha contract voided should Redskins go after him or do you think the price will be too high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Am I the only one who thinks the priority should be along the D-line? I'd like to see Nnamdi as much as anyone, but Haloti Ngata and Cullen Jenkins are both free agents this year.

Just seems like the focus should be up front more than secondary.
You are not the only one. If we are to spend big free agent $$, I'd rather spend them on the DL than on Asomugha.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:53 PM   #66
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha contract voided should Redskins go after him or do you think the price will be too high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Am I the only one who thinks the priority should be along the D-line? I'd like to see Nnamdi as much as anyone, but Haloti Ngata and Cullen Jenkins are both free agents this year.

Just seems like the focus should be up front more than secondary.
Keep in mind that in the 3-4, the d-lineman are dirty work role players. Very, very important ones, but ones that stay out of the spotlight.

Ngata and Cullen Jenkins are both phenomenal players who could be great in our system, but if both re sign with their current (playoff) teams, there's not exactly another tier of DLmen below them that would greatly improve our team in 2011 if we added one.

I've seen Aubrayo Franklin's name thrown around. He's a better fit for this defense than Kemoeatu, but he's a very similar player to Anthony Bryant (in age and skill), and the only way we could acquire Franklin is to overpay for him. Then if you use him more than part time in the nose tackle role to justify his contract, we're using him sub-optimally.

I would chase the best D-Linemen in free agency, but I doubt you're going to get one. Then you just have to push for patience and find some quality late-rounders in the draft.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #67
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha contract voided should Redskins go after him or do you think the price will be too high.

But in any defense, the quality of your defensive backs have never been a larger determinant of your success as a team than right now these last two years.

Landry as our team MVP in 2010 is not a coincidence. He's our best player and now needs much more talent around him in the secondary. Re-signing Rogers might be the smart money move, but we're still going to need more talent than just him anyway. If we can get Asomugha, you can't possibly find a reason to hate on that.

Then again, I can't see him here.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:32 PM   #68
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha contract voided should Redskins go after him or do you think the price will be too high.

First off, and as mentioned before, Nnamdi and DHall have already played together. Nnamdi I'm pretty sure, can play man and zone equally well. DHall is strictly a zone corner. I don't know if this would be able to work a second time, but then again I can be wrong.

Nnamdi is getting old so yes he wants to play for a contender, but the highest paying contender as well. Maybe he'll look at us and say that we could be a contender one day, but not any time soon. Shanahan though LOVES this guy and is very familiar with him from his denver days. I say the chances of Nnamdi coming here is 49%. Money, yes. Contender, No.

I feel that we'd be a lot better off getting Ike Taylor from Pittsburgh, than Nnamdi, in terms of money, and scheme.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:48 PM   #69
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha contract voided should Redskins go after him or do you think the price will be too high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
Agreed. Tired of seeing the Skins grasp at free agents in their late 20s or older. Plus, he's not going to want to come here, which means we'd have to pay more than teams that have more to offer... like a chance to play in the post-season. Pass. Build through the draft and spend where it counts - QB, O and D Line. Fill in the rest with guys who are young and cheap (Torrain and Armstrong, for example).
Where are all of these great 24-26 year old FA's coming from?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #70
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha contract voided should Redskins go after him or do you think the price will be too high.

I say theres a 33% chance Nnamdi's in DC. A 33% chance he's in Houston. And a 34% chance he's in Philly. Why Philly? Because their a 'contender'.

What it will come down to is this: Money, then if all teams give him similar contracts, he'll go to the contender.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:44 PM   #71
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha contract voided should Redskins go after him or do you think the price will be too high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I say theres a 33% chance Nnamdi's in DC. A 33% chance he's in Houston. And a 34% chance he's in Philly. Why Philly? Because their a 'contender'.

What it will come down to is this: Money, then if all teams give him similar contracts, he'll go to the contender.
dallas not in the running? I think it was just some speculation from some of the talking heads, but I recall some saying dallas was a possibility. Newman is gettin up there & they weren't happy w/Jenkins last year.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:47 PM   #72
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,203
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha contract voided should Redskins go after him or do you think the price will be too high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I say theres a 33% chance Nnamdi's in DC. A 33% chance he's in Houston. And a 34% chance he's in Philly. Why Philly? Because their a 'contender'.

What it will come down to is this: Money, then if all teams give him similar contracts, he'll go to the contender.
I say there is a 99.9% chance you are wrong on your percentages. There have already been reports he doesn't want to go to Houston and he's looking for a contending team. (which leaves us out of the running) Dallass and Philthy are the two teams I see in the running.

I don't agree with it coming down to money. He could have resigned in Oakland if it were about the money.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:56 PM   #73
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,420
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha contract voided should Redskins go after him or do you think the price will be too high.

I don't see him landing here at all. The bidding war for him is going to be crazy.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:25 PM   #74
Playmaker
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,677
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha contract voided should Redskins go after him or do you think the price will be too high.

The cowgirsl want him bad!!
__________________
Lafayette, we're here.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:34 PM   #75
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,803
Re: Nnamdi Asomugha contract voided should Redskins go after him or do you think the price will be too high.

I would say no. As someone else mentioned we just have way too many holes to sign and guy like that. Plus why would he come to a team that's in rebuild mode? He's going to end up on a true contender.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27378 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25