Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Handicapping Trading Partners for Haynesworth and McNabb

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #16
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,701
Re: Handicapping Trading Partners for Haynesworth and McNabb

Good to know skins_fann
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-18-2011, 03:03 PM   #17
The Starter
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 1,949
Re: Handicapping Trading Partners for Haynesworth and McNabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think we'll take at worst a 5th for Haynesworth, otherwise he'll just sit on our bench. I'm not sure Detroit or Carolina are really in the picture and I think the New Orleans ship sailed last year.

Tennessee and Minnesota I would agree are the favorites, my guess is Haynesworth ultimately agrees to give back a portion of his money and we send him home to Tennessee for a 5th and a 6th.

McNabb is tougher to figure out. I could easily see him staying, but at the same time he's easily tradeable and I think if he's not going to start here the Redskins will try to accommodate him.

I don't believe Arizona or Minnesota is really interested in him, nor he in them. I think it will come down to San Francisco or Miami. And I think it will be a 3rd and a 6th or 7th that gets it done.
Ah yes, the money! I neglected to address that issue in my OP. I assumed that the Skins would hold Haynesworth hostage until they could get back some of the bonus money they paid him.

It would be a damn shame if the Skins could only get two low draft picks for Haynesworth. The number of picks (2) would be nice but the rounds you suggest aren't very appealing.

On the other hand, the value you put on McNabb seems too high to me.

Do you think the Skins would allow McNabb and his agent to shop for their own landing place?
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:11 PM   #18
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,133
Re: Handicapping Trading Partners for Haynesworth and McNabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
The Patriots thought they owned this upcoming draft. Yeah right.

When we trade AH and DM we are going to be the envy of the NFL on draft day!

Because we'll get a 4th and a 5th round?
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:11 PM   #19
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,481
Re: Handicapping Trading Partners for Haynesworth and McNabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Ah yes, the money! I neglected to address that issue in my OP. I assumed that the Skins would hold Haynesworth hostage until they could get back some of the bonus money they paid him.

It would be a damn shame if the Skins could only get two low draft picks for Haynesworth. The number of picks (2) would be nice but the rounds you suggest aren't very appealing.

On the other hand, the value you put on McNabb seems too high to me.

Do you think the Skins would allow McNabb and his agent to shop for their own landing place?
I think they would allow him to shop for his own landing place, though Allen publicly says they wouldn't.

I think McNabb may command a bit more simply because his contract is easier to manage, even if AH gives money back
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:12 PM   #20
The Starter
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 1,949
Re: Handicapping Trading Partners for Haynesworth and McNabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by backrow View Post
I see .................................................. .........................nothing!


Nothing happening here folks. Move along!
If you don't like the thread, then just move along quietly. There is no need for you to throw an insult over your shoulder on the way out. Crap like that just discourages people from putting up threads (not necessarily this one) that might be interesting to talk about.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:16 PM   #21
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Handicapping Trading Partners for Haynesworth and McNabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think they would allow him to shop for his own landing place, though Allen publicly says they wouldn't.

I think McNabb may command a bit more simply because his contract is easier to manage, even if AH gives money back
Really? I thought w/AH's bonus $ mainly paid out that his contract was pretty manageable, not too expensive. McNabb on the other hand is set to make $16 mil in 2011, a franchise (top 5) level. Of course, he can be cut at no expense, but whoever would take him would have a pretty big salary for an old qb who might not win a starting job.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:24 PM   #22
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,481
Re: Handicapping Trading Partners for Haynesworth and McNabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
Really? I thought w/AH's bonus $ mainly paid out that his contract was pretty manageable, not too expensive. McNabb on the other hand is set to make $16 mil in 2011, a franchise (top 5) level. Of course, he can be cut at no expense, but whoever would take him would have a pretty big salary for an old qb who might not win a starting job.
I don't recall the specific parameters but I believe it's worse for the receiving team if McNabb were to be moved after next season vs. this off-season

Maybe I'm mistaken, and getting my numbers confused. I'm pretty sure though that McNabb's contract is pretty agreeable
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:46 PM   #23
The Starter
 
drew54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: IOWA
Age: 31
Posts: 1,284
Re: Handicapping Trading Partners for Haynesworth and McNabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
That he is not!


Panthers Coach Ron Rivera Will Stick With 4-3 Scheme
#1
Posted By: BigBlueBruiser 01-11-2011 , 06:28 PM
Panthers new head coach Ron Rivera confirmed Tuesday that he will stick with a 4-3 defensive scheme in Carolina. Rivera used the 3-4 most recently in San Diego, but he's coached both schemes in the past. Though he promised to use "some elements" of the 3-4 in his new defense, key players such as MLB Jon Beason will stay in their comfort zones. River emphasized that his will be an "attacking" defense.
What a concept.
__________________
No pressure, no diamonds.
drew54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:01 PM   #24
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Handicapping Trading Partners for Haynesworth and McNabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew54 View Post
What a concept.
Too much of a wuss. Inmates running the asylum. We need Stalin-esque dictators for coaches.

__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:28 PM   #25
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,679
Re: Handicapping Trading Partners for Haynesworth and McNabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Too much of a wuss. Inmates running the asylum. We need Stalin-esque dictators for coaches.

Shanny seems pretty close to fitting the bill. At least a lot closer than coach ZORrnO!!!
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:38 PM   #26
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,198
Re: Handicapping Trading Partners for Haynesworth and McNabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
It is very possible, if not probable, that both Haynesworth and McNabb will be traded during the offseason, perhaps just before the NFL Draft. I’m guessing that the Skins will want draft picks in return.

I’m also guessing that the Skins may take a little less for Haynesworth than they’ve supposedly asked for in the past because I don’t expect Haynesworth and Shanahan to reach an accommodation on Haynesworth’s role on the team. The very most I can foresee getting in return for Haynesworth is a 3rd Round pick but we’ll probably need to settle for a 4th Rounder.

As for McNabb, I can’t imagine that he would want to return as a backup, which is his likely fate if he stays in D.C. The Redskins overpaid for McNabb to begin with and then Shanahan’s benchings of McNabb depressed his trade value even more. I think we’ll probably get a 4th Rounder for him, as well.

The following are the teams I think might be interested in each player, with the most likely trading partners listed in descending order, and what I think the return for each player might be if he is traded.

Haynesworth – Obviously, we would need a 4-3 team to take him.

1.Tennessee – They have expressed interest in the past and they have a smallish D-Line. It’s also home to Haynesworth who played at UT (that’s a big deal to people who live there). It was rumored that TN offered a 4th for Haynesworth last season. We might be able to get their 4th (#12) and get them to swap 5th Rounders (#11 to WSH; #24 to TN).
2.Minnesota – They may lose one or both of their starting DT’s. I could foresee a similar deal with them. Their 4th (#9) and a swap of 5th Rounders (#8 to WSH; #24 to Min). If Min loses both starting DT’s, then we might be able to land their 4th (#9) and one of their two 5th Rounders (#8 or #19) for Haynesworth. Losing both DT’s might also propel Min to the top of my list. Min has no 3rd Round pick.
3.Detroit – Haynesworth’s former DC, Jim Schwartz, is now the HC in Detroit. Suh recently said that he’d love to have AH playing next to him. Nevertheless, as far as I know, Detroit hasn’t made a move to trade for Haynesworth and Corey Redding is a pretty good DT. Maybe they would trade their 4th (#10) and swap 5th Rounders (#9 for #24).
4.New Orleans – They’ve shown some interest in Haynesworth. They might like to play him between Sedrick Ellis and Will Smith. They have no 4th Round picks but they have two 3rd Round picks. Perhaps they would trade their second third round pick (#24) for Haynesworth.
5.Carolina – At DT they have, well, um, nobody. But now that Luck will not be in the draft, they should take a DT in the 1st Round. Whether they do or not, they are probably too cheap to pick up Haynesworth’s salary.

McNabb

1.Arizona – Their QB situation is horrible! They may draft a young QB but their team is set up to win now and they are in a weak division. They need a veteran QB. They might want to send their 4th Round pick (#6) to the Skins for McNabb.
2.Minnesota – See Arizona above. They have the #9 pick in the 4th Round.
3.San Francisco – They’ll probably draft a young QB but they might want a vet while the young QB develops. They could use their second 4th Round pick (#18) for McNabb.
Haynesworth...He's been paid what..37 to 38 mil over two years?? I'm sure Snyder still wants a return on his investment so unless we get a high draft pick, or he returns some of the money I see him coming back. Det. didn't make a move for him, Minnesota is in somewhat of a rebuild mode, Tenn didn't take him back cause they're not going to overpay, so that leaves New Orleans. I could see him going there but will they be will to part way with a 3rd rounder? I doubt it. He's damaged goods IMO.

McNabb.. Old QB coming off a bad year. His options are limited. Arizona has Skelton and I bet they'll go with him. Minnesota or Miami might be his best option. Or where ever Childress might end up.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:40 PM   #27
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
Re: Handicapping Trading Partners for Haynesworth and McNabb

I don't think Haynesworth "giving back money" means that it lands in Danny Boy's pocket. I think those checks are cashed and those are sunk costs. What Haynesworth may agree to do is to take less money in the remaining years of his contract such that he is less burdonsome from a salary point of view to the team that might seek to acquire him. His salaries in those final years are not trivial sums of money!

Even so, I do not think there will be a herd of GMs milling around outside the doors at Ashburn begging to have "rights of first refusal" on any deal involving Big Al. Most other GMs know that Mike Shanahan would greatly prefer not to have Big Al on the team - - whether or not he is playing or is on the bench or is inactive every other week. I suspect the bidding starts with a 6th round pick this year and a contingent 6th/7th next year.

McNabb's market value could be a lot more - - so long as there is no more overt dismissal of McNabb by the Shanahans. Miami needs a QB upgrade if they hope to compete in the AFC East; SF needs a QB upgrade no matter what; if Seattle loses M. Hasselbeck, they need QB help too; Arizona has three hugely mediocre QBs on their roster at the moment; in Minnesota, Joe Webb is at least a year of learning/study away from being a decent NFL QB; Cincy may or may not remain satisfied with Carson Palmer; Tennessee might be in the QB market; Denver might lose K. Orton. PLUS, never rule out Al Davis when it comes to a QB who can throw the long ball...

The key to getting something of value for McNabb is twofold:
1. There has to be a plausible sense that more than one team is actively engaged in putting togfether a deal for him.

2. The rest of the league's GMs cannot have the sense that the Shanahans simply cannot wait to have him put his house on the market here in the DC area.
Neither of these conditions will be easy to create - - but if the Skins hope to get value for McNabb, they are going to have to do it convincingly.
__________________
The Sports Curmudgeon
www.sportscurmudgeon.com
But don't get me wrong, I love sports...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:06 PM   #28
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,112
Re: Handicapping Trading Partners for Haynesworth and McNabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
, so that leaves New Orleans. I could see him going there but will they be will to part way with a 3rd rounder? I doubt it. He's damaged goods IMO.

Remember, Gregg Williams and the whole Lavar Arrington fiasco? He benched his ass because he didn't want to do the duties he was supposed to preform, so no way in hell he's going to take on AH knowing he'll do the same thing.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:33 PM   #29
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,495
Re: Handicapping Trading Partners for Haynesworth and McNabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Remember, Gregg Williams and the whole Lavar Arrington fiasco? He benched his ass because he didn't want to do the duties he was supposed to preform, so no way in hell he's going to take on AH knowing he'll do the same thing.
I would say the chances of NO are slim to none and slim just pulled up outta town.

If you recall Dale Lindsey was also not a LA fan by any means.

A reminder, after he spent over 4 mil to buy his way outta DC. A flashback.

Redskins are thinking big | John Keim | Sports | Washington Examiner
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:17 AM   #30
The Starter
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 1,949
Re: Handicapping Trading Partners for Haynesworth and McNabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
I don't think Haynesworth "giving back money" means that it lands in Danny Boy's pocket. I think those checks are cashed and those are sunk costs. What Haynesworth may agree to do is to take less money in the remaining years of his contract such that he is less burdonsome from a salary point of view to the team that might seek to acquire him. His salaries in those final years are not trivial sums of money!

Even so, I do not think there will be a herd of GMs milling around outside the doors at Ashburn begging to have "rights of first refusal" on any deal involving Big Al. Most other GMs know that Mike Shanahan would greatly prefer not to have Big Al on the team - - whether or not he is playing or is on the bench or is inactive every other week. I suspect the bidding starts with a 6th round pick this year and a contingent 6th/7th next year.

McNabb's market value could be a lot more - - so long as there is no more overt dismissal of McNabb by the Shanahans. Miami needs a QB upgrade if they hope to compete in the AFC East; SF needs a QB upgrade no matter what; if Seattle loses M. Hasselbeck, they need QB help too; Arizona has three hugely mediocre QBs on their roster at the moment; in Minnesota, Joe Webb is at least a year of learning/study away from being a decent NFL QB; Cincy may or may not remain satisfied with Carson Palmer; Tennessee might be in the QB market; Denver might lose K. Orton. PLUS, never rule out Al Davis when it comes to a QB who can throw the long ball...

The key to getting something of value for McNabb is twofold:
1. There has to be a plausible sense that more than one team is actively engaged in putting togfether a deal for him.

2. The rest of the league's GMs cannot have the sense that the Shanahans simply cannot wait to have him put his house on the market here in the DC area.
Neither of these conditions will be easy to create - - but if the Skins hope to get value for McNabb, they are going to have to do it convincingly.
If you're right and the bidding for AH starts with a 6th and a contingent 6th/7th next year, I think the Skins will probably keep him. I just don't think that Mike Shanahan will give him what he wants - his outright release. The idea of AH strolling out with bags full of money and the Skins getting nothing for him, after all that's happened, probably wouldn't seem right to Shanahan.

Your thoughts on McNabb make sense to me, for the most part.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.40928 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25