Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Ongoing CBA discussions

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Who do you blame for the CBA mess?
Owners 24 26.67%
Players 24 26.67%
Both 42 46.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 09:54 AM   #196
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,112
Re: Ongoing CBA discussions

I'm feeling pretty good that a deal gets done by the end of next week. Just a hunch, is all
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-04-2011, 10:04 AM   #197
Impact Rookie
 
SOUL-SKINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 878
Re: Ongoing CBA discussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I'm feeling pretty good that a deal gets done by the end of next week. Just a hunch, is all
Yeah. I feel alot better today than i did yesterday when i woke up but there is still alot of money on the table. I just want football!
__________________
TODD COLLINS WILL ALWAYS HOLD A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART
SOUL-SKINS is offline  
Old 03-04-2011, 10:39 AM   #198
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
I think they stop with the formalities and take this bad boy to court. Big brother has to step in for any real change to occur.

Sent from my Droid
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline  
Old 03-04-2011, 11:22 AM   #199
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,512
Re: Ongoing CBA discussions

Second extension moves closer to reality | ProFootballTalk

sounds good
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 03-04-2011, 11:31 AM   #200
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 36
Posts: 16,270
Re: Ongoing CBA discussions

How many extensions will it take? Obviously, they're good signs.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 03-04-2011, 11:43 AM   #201
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,512
Re: Ongoing CBA discussions

Once the 2nd extension is up, I think there's a deal or there's a lockout. I'm betting on deal.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 03-04-2011, 11:45 AM   #202
Special Teams
 
Player_HTTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 329
Re: Ongoing CBA discussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Once the 2nd extension is up, I think there's a deal or there's a lockout. I'm betting on deal.
Yea, no need for extension if they are not close.
Player_HTTR is offline  
Old 03-04-2011, 11:49 AM   #203
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 36
Posts: 16,270
Re: Ongoing CBA discussions

Definitely leaning towards a deal. If they were too far apart, the union would have de-certified and taken it to court and we'd already be in the lockout.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 03-04-2011, 11:51 AM   #204
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,512
Re: Ongoing CBA discussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Definitely leaning towards a deal. If they were too far apart, the union would have de-certified and taken it to court and we'd already be in the lockout.
Agreed. Just the fact that they've agreed to continue talking indicates progress. I think both sides realize that a lockout would be a huge mess.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 03-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #205
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 3,906
Re: Ongoing CBA discussions

From what I heard and understand, the extension allows both parties more time to come to an agreement, once the CBA is expired the players can decertify and take it to fed. court in Minn where a judge whom has ruled in the players favor the last 15 years or so will again get to be the judge. Once in the courts, an expert figured it would take approx 6 months for a ruling. So the players time to decertify and file in court without it resulting in those 6 mos cutting into the reg season is rapidly approaching.

I dont undertand how a judge can be specially set to a matter for over 15 years thoo. I know in Mont Co Cir Co there is one judge who handles the complex contract/business matters b/c those types of cases req a greater understanding of the principles, law in that particular specialized area vs your avg bench judge.
over the mountain is offline  
Old 03-04-2011, 11:54 AM   #206
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 36
Posts: 16,270
Re: Ongoing CBA discussions

I think the big blow was the order that the owners CAN'T use TV money for 2 years even without games. That was their silver bullet, telling the NFLPA..."it doesn't matter to us, we're set for 2 years even without games". Their claim of a 2 year "war chest" was shot down.

Federal judge backs NFLPA in dispute over TV money - ESPN
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 03-04-2011, 11:59 AM   #207
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 3,906
Re: Ongoing CBA discussions

About the tv contracts, I found it alil misleading for the owners to say they would have to pay back the 4 bil but left out that they would get to keep 420 mil.

Also, odd was that directv would have to pay 9% more than usual to the nfl if there was a strike and no football.
over the mountain is offline  
Old 03-04-2011, 12:13 PM   #208
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,512
Re: Ongoing CBA discussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
From what I heard and understand, the extension allows both parties more time to come to an agreement, once the CBA is expired the players can decertify and take it to fed. court in Minn where a judge whom has ruled in the players favor the last 15 years or so will again get to be the judge. Once in the courts, an expert figured it would take approx 6 months for a ruling. So the players time to decertify and file in court without it resulting in those 6 mos cutting into the reg season is rapidly approaching.

I dont undertand how a judge can be specially set to a matter for over 15 years thoo. I know in Mont Co Cir Co there is one judge who handles the complex contract/business matters b/c those types of cases req a greater understanding of the principles, law in that particular specialized area vs your avg bench judge.
The way I heard it is each CBA is basically an extension of the previous ones since 1987, so Judge Doty remains on the matter.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 03-04-2011, 01:50 PM   #209
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Ongoing CBA discussions

Just heard on 980AM that the CBA has been extended 7 days. That's got to be a good sign. Sorry, no link yet.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline  
Old 03-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #210
Impact Rookie
 
SOUL-SKINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 878
Re: Ongoing CBA discussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Just heard on 980AM that the CBA has been extended 7 days. That's got to be a good sign. Sorry, no link yet.
Yes!!!!!!!! Per Adam S. as well
__________________
TODD COLLINS WILL ALWAYS HOLD A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART
SOUL-SKINS is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32469 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25