Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Where will McNabb land?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2011, 02:12 PM   #196
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,418
I'm sure Mike likes him as a person, but he's clearly not a fan of him as a QB.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-09-2011, 02:36 PM   #197
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,584
Re: Where will McNabb land?

How about the Titans now that Collins has retired
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:09 PM   #198
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Where will McNabb land?

The Titans may just wait until the Redskins have to release McNabb to try and pick him up. They are not known for absorbing overpaid players…. well until Randy Moss.
__________________
A revolution is coming and it will be televised.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:27 PM   #199
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,472
Re: Where will McNabb land?

D McNabb + AH for a 3rd and 6th rounder - or something of that ilk.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #200
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Where will McNabb land?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLC1054 View Post
I do think Mike likes McNabb. I really do. It's a clash between Kyle and Donovan. There's pictures of Mike and Donovan laughing on the sideline warming up for the Jacksonville game. I think Mike would much rather keep McNabb, but McNabb's also gotta change and meet Kyle halfway on some things, just like Kyle does.

The best chance for both parties to continue to have success is for McNabb to stay here. I just don't think Kyle or Donovan can have some sort of "meet-me-half-way" miracle moment to salvage things.
Could it be that Kyle and Mike Shanahan have made an attempt to reconcile their differences with McNabb? In a recent interview Kelly Johnson of Comcast Sports conducted with Bruce Allen, Johnson asked Allen about the probability of McNabb returning to the team. Allen responded by saying it would all depend on how McNabb looked after practices commence. That would lead one to believe that McNabb is at least going to have the opportunity to demonstrate through practice that whatever differences he had with Kyle this past season can be overcome should he demonstrate a better work ethic and improve his conditioning.

Allen could just be blowing smoke, but for now I'm going to take him at his words.
__________________
A revolution is coming and it will be televised.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:09 PM   #201
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: Where will McNabb land?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Yeah pretty lame read.

I think you've gotta give Shanahan a full 3 years before you consider moving on.
I'm down for two full years before re-evaluating where you're at as a franchise (full as in: not flying out to hunt head coaches after falling to 1-2). Give the Shanahan's the whole season to show positive progress. I don't expect him to make the playoffs, or even to not finish in last place, but offensive AND defensive improvement should be an expectation. There needs to be no debate that 2011>2010.

If after two seasons the franchise isn't heading in a positive direction, I have no earthly idea what benefit bringing back the coaching staff would bring.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:22 PM   #202
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Where will McNabb land?


The bigger question is why does MS have to turn this thing around over night? Cerrato took 10 years to ruin this team and now whoever we bring in MUST turn this thing around over night? WTF? MS signed a 5 yr deal. In my opinion he has 5 yrs to get this thing fixed, or atleast get it heading into the right direction. If at the 5 yr mark the team is 75 to 100% better then resign MS and let him finish the job.

I'm sooo tired of the DC media and fans expecting over night success. Use your brains.... if it took 10 yrs to screw this thing up its going to take more then 1 or 2 yrs to straighten this thing out. Hopefully we do better then 8-8, but if we end up 8-8 I'll accept that because there is a lot of work to do. 9-7 and or better would be nice. As long as they are showing improvement individually and as a team.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:03 PM   #203
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: Where will McNabb land?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
The bigger question is why does MS have to turn this thing around over night? Cerrato took 10 years to ruin this team and now whoever we bring in MUST turn this thing around over night? WTF? MS signed a 5 yr deal. In my opinion he has 5 yrs to get this thing fixed, or atleast get it heading into the right direction. If at the 5 yr mark the team is 75 to 100% better then resign MS and let him finish the job.

I'm sooo tired of the DC media and fans expecting over night success. Use your brains.... if it took 10 yrs to screw this thing up its going to take more then 1 or 2 yrs to straighten this thing out. Hopefully we do better then 8-8, but if we end up 8-8 I'll accept that because there is a lot of work to do. 9-7 and or better would be nice. As long as they are showing improvement individually and as a team.
So...no improvement in the first two years is no cause for concern because: Vinny Cerrato was a terrible executive?

Gotcha.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:23 PM   #204
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,810
Re: Where will McNabb land?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
So...no improvement in the first two years is no cause for concern because: Vinny Cerrato was a terrible executive?

Gotcha.
Oh come on, he didn't say anything about no improvement being acceptable anywhere in that post. I see his point. And I agree that it will take longer than a season to turn around this mess, especially considering we're still in the middle of a switch to a 3-4 from a decade of being a mostly top 10 4-3 defense.

I don't see what the problem is as long as steady improvement is being made to not only make this team better in the short term, but definitely in the long term as well. And so far, aside from the McNabb/Haynesworth bumps in the road, we're on the right track.

But it definitely won't take 4 or 5 seasons to remake this team in Shanny's image. 3 seasons tops. Where we're at right now, I think we can be anywhere from a 6-10 to 9-7 team, which is still an improvement over last year and 2009. Like I said as long as improvement is being made. I'd rather sacrifice short term success for long term success if need be.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:18 PM   #205
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: Where will McNabb land?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Oh come on, he didn't say anything about no improvement being acceptable anywhere in that post. I see his point. And I agree that it will take longer than a season to turn around this mess, especially considering we're still in the middle of a switch to a 3-4 from a decade of being a mostly top 10 4-3 defense.

I don't see what the problem is as long as steady improvement is being made to not only make this team better in the short term, but definitely in the long term as well. And so far, aside from the McNabb/Haynesworth bumps in the road, we're on the right track.

But it definitely won't take 4 or 5 seasons to remake this team in Shanny's image. 3 seasons tops. Where we're at right now, I think we can be anywhere from a 6-10 to 9-7 team, which is still an improvement over last year and 2009. Like I said as long as improvement is being made. I'd rather sacrifice short term success for long term success if need be.
Mooby, that wasn't his point. You've stated a logical, thoughtful case that I would agree with: strong improvement between year 1 and 2, playoffs or no playoffs, should allow a coach to make further improvement in year three.

SBXVII was saying five years min, based on no burden of improvement. And he was saying that as if Vinny Cerrato's acts here justifies not being critical of the guy that follows him.

In other words, he was saying that 4 years of non-progress under Shanahan couldn't be Shanahan's fault, they'd be Cerrato's. I will leave it to you to determine the validity of such a claim. But thats what he was saying.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:53 AM   #206
The Starter
 
#56fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte NC
Age: 39
Posts: 1,788
Re: Where will McNabb land?

I am guessing either Arizona, Minnesota are the top two. Arizona has all ready said they are going to be aggressive in going after a QB. My guess in McNabb will come cheaper than Colb. He lives and trains in Arizona during the offseason as well. They have some pieces out there, that with a decent QB they could win that division and host a playoff game.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:14 PM   #207
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,810
Re: Where will McNabb land?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Mooby, that wasn't his point. You've stated a logical, thoughtful case that I would agree with: strong improvement between year 1 and 2, playoffs or no playoffs, should allow a coach to make further improvement in year three.

SBXVII was saying five years min, based on no burden of improvement. And he was saying that as if Vinny Cerrato's acts here justifies not being critical of the guy that follows him.

In other words, he was saying that 4 years of non-progress under Shanahan couldn't be Shanahan's fault, they'd be Cerrato's. I will leave it to you to determine the validity of such a claim. But thats what he was saying.
Granted, I see your point, but I don't feel like he was saying that no improvement is acceptable. I don't agree with his point that it could take 5 years to rebuild Cerrato's mess, but I also don't think he was saying no improvement is acceptable. And for the record, 4 years of non-progress under any coach is unacceptable. I think so far based on what I've seen, this year will be another step in the right direction, but we won't be contending (unless the improbable happens and this collection of players we have turn out to be the perfect fit) until next year.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:01 PM   #208
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,340
Re: Where will McNabb land?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
The bigger question is why does MS have to turn this thing around over night? Cerrato took 10 years to ruin this team and now whoever we bring in MUST turn this thing around over night? WTF? MS signed a 5 yr deal. In my opinion he has 5 yrs to get this thing fixed, or atleast get it heading into the right direction. If at the 5 yr mark the team is 75 to 100% better then resign MS and let him finish the job.

I'm sooo tired of the DC media and fans expecting over night success. Use your brains.... if it took 10 yrs to screw this thing up its going to take more then 1 or 2 yrs to straighten this thing out. Hopefully we do better then 8-8, but if we end up 8-8 I'll accept that because there is a lot of work to do. 9-7 and or better would be nice. As long as they are showing improvement individually and as a team.
Cause Dan Snyder is the owner. I don't think it's just the media. The owner said that Gibbs made the playoffs in year to and he would expect the same thing. I'm paraphrasing but he said something like that.

This is not a playoff team, and everyone, including he media, the fans, the coaches and the owner need to realize that. It's going to take time. I'm ok with that as long as I don't see Redskins One flying all over the place to over pay other teams players.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:04 PM   #209
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,340
Re: Where will McNabb land?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
So...no improvement in the first two years is no cause for concern because: Vinny Cerrato was a terrible executive?

Gotcha.
IMO it has nothing to do with improvement record wise. The team needs to get younger and they're doing that. If we go 4-12 next year I'm ok with it. That would most likely mean the young guys are playing and getting valuable game experience. Going 6-10 with an old team really accomplised nothing.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:49 PM   #210
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,232
Re: Where will McNabb land?

Adam Schefter yapping about McNabb today.

Donovan McNabb - Washington Redskins - 2011 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.41035 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25