Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Where will McNabb land?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 06:49 PM   #46
The Starter
 
rypper11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 1,224
Re: Where will McNabb land?

I'd like to trade McNabb and the #10 pick to AZ for their first and a sixth or seventh round pick. Most mocks have Von Miller gone to either AZ @ 5 or soon after and I don't think there is any way he drops to 10. If Shanny is wanting to get a pass rushing OLB then Miller is something special. At least this way we could get some value for him.
__________________
Playing a kids game for a kings ransom.
rypper11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-05-2011, 08:13 PM   #47
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
Re: Where will McNabb land?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
Agreed! You don't cut Hanesworth loose and then let him sign with Philadelphia, NY Giants, or the Dallas Cowboys. Keep him on the bench until he cries "uncle" or decides to work with this defense.
Haynesworth may indeed "cry uncle" at some point; that is true.

However, he has that contract that will retch him a total of somewhere near $100M if the Skins just continue to keep him around. That means he stands to collect $50-60M more from this time forward just for being "kept on the bench". He may decide that is a good financial move on his part.

So - - you have to be prepared to for that kind of an eventuality in this face-off if your course of action is to "show him who's boss". I am not saying it is a guarantee that this is how it will play out- - but it could happen.

Personally, I would trade him to an AFC team for a conditional 7th round pick and be done with him. However, I am not the coach or the GM...
__________________
The Sports Curmudgeon
www.sportscurmudgeon.com
But don't get me wrong, I love sports...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:38 PM   #48
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,756
Re: Where will McNabb land?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
Haynesworth may indeed "cry uncle" at some point; that is true.

However, he has that contract that will retch him a total of somewhere near $100M if the Skins just continue to keep him around. That means he stands to collect $50-60M more from this time forward just for being "kept on the bench". He may decide that is a good financial move on his part.

So - - you have to be prepared to for that kind of an eventuality in this face-off if your course of action is to "show him who's boss". I am not saying it is a guarantee that this is how it will play out- - but it could happen.

Personally, I would trade him to an AFC team for a conditional 7th round pick and be done with him. However, I am not the coach or the GM...
I think Haynesworth and McNabb bring two similar issues to the table, the Redskins spent a lot of resources in getting them, and they didn't work out. However, I think it is better for the Redskins to cut their losses with Haynesworth and just lose the money. With McNabb, part of me wants to find a way to work it out with him. We spent a 2nd rounder on him, and while I'm not say that is more expensive than 21 mil., I'd just hate to give up a 2nd rounder to rent McNabb for a couple of games last season. Keeping Haynesworth in any way is not productive for the team. Meanwhile, in some way I think McNabb and the Redskins could help themselves by trying it out one more season (the Redskins get to ease in a rook QB and McNabb makes himself more marketble to teams).
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:17 AM   #49
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Where will McNabb land?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Yeah, a motivated Haynesworth against us for a division rival is scary...especially of Rabach is still in the middle of the line.
In the end though...we're likely going to be not too successful for the hypothetical two or three years he "torments" us as a divsion rival player anyway.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:06 PM   #50
Special Teams
 
Dread-Skin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Towson area
Posts: 288
Re: Where will McNabb land?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
In the end though...we're likely going to be not too successful for the hypothetical two or three years he "torments" us as a divsion rival player anyway.
And thats part of the insanity, why would AH feel compelled to torment us? We signed he him and he breached his contract. If anything we should be looking to sign the largest OL in the league and trade him purposely just to pancake the f*n shame of a "man" he is right into the ground.
I only wish it was like MLB and we could send him down to the the minor leagues where he will never be seen or heard of and never be in the pro's again and nobody will give him the admiration for being elite or impressed with his stats which is all he wants- I can't even see women who aren't low lifes themselves taking an interest of someone with such morale midgetry. If I were his parents I would adopt a grown man and photoshop AH out of existence.

I cant wait till we rewalse him!
__________________
When do Brandon Banks authentics hit the market?
Dread-Skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:18 PM   #51
Special Teams
 
Dread-Skin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Towson area
Posts: 288
Re: Where will McNabb land?

As for McNabb, there are so many teams including us that could use him. I'm not sure of how long we can hold onto him until we have to pay his monster salary. I've been hearing the teams that will be hurt the most by this CBA lockout is teams trying to implement new coaching/quarterbacks trying to learn the system--- WHY DID WE ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN THE SEASON BEFORE A CBA? Father/son tandems are just not a good idea. I really am holding KYLE responsible but MIKE enabled this rift to continue- and what will we have to show for it?
Forget about where will McNabb land, jokes us on, what will we get for him vs what we lost in investing in him? We are screwed if we get Locker and think Rex can lead us into the season with a rookie to spell when we bench Rex. This idol time is insanity.
__________________
When do Brandon Banks authentics hit the market?
Dread-Skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:53 PM   #52
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Where will McNabb land?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Skin View Post
And thats part of the insanity, why would AH feel compelled to torment us? We signed he him and he breached his contract. If anything we should be looking to sign the largest OL in the league and trade him purposely just to pancake the f*n shame of a "man" he is right into the ground.
I only wish it was like MLB and we could send him down to the the minor leagues where he will never be seen or heard of and never be in the pro's again and nobody will give him the admiration for being elite or impressed with his stats which is all he wants- I can't even see women who aren't low lifes themselves taking an interest of someone with such morale midgetry. If I were his parents I would adopt a grown man and photoshop AH out of existence.

I cant wait till we rewalse him!
Haynesworth WILL play well when he's mad. Vendetta can be a powerful motivator. It's just that we kind of suck right now and NEED to rebuild, so his ass-kicking of us on a division rival should NOT be a major concern.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #53
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
Re: Where will McNabb land?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I think Haynesworth and McNabb bring two similar issues to the table, the Redskins spent a lot of resources in getting them, and they didn't work out. However, I think it is better for the Redskins to cut their losses with Haynesworth and just lose the money. With McNabb, part of me wants to find a way to work it out with him. We spent a 2nd rounder on him, and while I'm not say that is more expensive than 21 mil., I'd just hate to give up a 2nd rounder to rent McNabb for a couple of games last season. Keeping Haynesworth in any way is not productive for the team. Meanwhile, in some way I think McNabb and the Redskins could help themselves by trying it out one more season (the Redskins get to ease in a rook QB and McNabb makes himself more marketble to teams).
Ruhskins:

You have an ally in your thinkiing about McNabb in Brian Mitchell. Smootsmack asked Mitchell a question that I posed: Can any of the three QBs on the Skins' roster at the moment actually succeed in the Mike/Kyle Shanahan offense?" Mitchell's response was the McNabb might - - if given the chance.

I agree that if the Skins were to try to keep McNabb around, it would likely be less troublesome in the locker-room than if they kept Haynesworth around. The problem is that if the keep McNabb around, they have to pay him a bunch of money in the next calendar year and that has cap implications. [Assuming there is a cap in the new CBA somewhere...]

Haynesworth and the coaching staff are in a stare-down. Unless one side blinks, not a lot is going to change. Haynesworth knows he can get paid - - and probably suspended for the final 4 games of the season next year - - just by continuing on the passive-aggressive path he is on. The McNabb situation is a bit different...

I think - - because I cannot read minds I do not know - - that Donovan McNabb feels as he was slighted and embarrassed last year by the coaching staff. He and the coaches are not in a stare-down; he feels as if they do not want him around. Therefore, it would take a whole different kind of effort on the part of the coaches and McNabb to put that relationship back together. I wonder if either side is willing to do that - - because it will take both sides working at it to give it the possibility of working.
__________________
The Sports Curmudgeon
www.sportscurmudgeon.com
But don't get me wrong, I love sports...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:01 PM   #54
Special Teams
 
Dread-Skin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Towson area
Posts: 288
Re: Where will McNabb land?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
Ruhskins:I think - - because I cannot read minds I do not know - - that Donovan McNabb feels as he was slighted and embarrassed last year by the coaching staff. He and the coaches are not in a stare-down; he feels as if they do not want him around. Therefore, it would take a whole different kind of effort on the part of the coaches and McNabb to put that relationship back together. I wonder if either side is willing to do that - - because it will take both sides working at it to give it the possibility of working.
We really took a class act- NFL Icon, marketed our season and future around him and took a piss on him through the media and dogged him out as bad as Adam Archulleta. Snyder sat back and watched.. Of all the times SNyder intervened in his career how do you allow DM to be disgraced in a man sport? I think DM having self respect got treated worse than AH. Just a shame how we treat our own and have the audacity to resign him...... This happened months ago and like most offseasons Im still in doubt and confusion about Skins Mgt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Haynesworth WILL play well when he's mad. Vendetta can be a powerful motivator. It's just that we kind of suck right now and NEED to rebuild, so his ass-kicking of us on a division rival should NOT be a major concern.
Haha, if I may quote Bobby Bushay from Waterboy AH needs his" Tackling Fuel".
__________________
When do Brandon Banks authentics hit the market?
Dread-Skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:06 PM   #55
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,341
Re: Where will McNabb land?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstone1979 View Post
I would still love for him to stay and be the starter and help groom a young qb. For gods sake get rid of Grossman!!
No way, his price after the first season goes through the roof, like Tom Brady money. No way he is on the roster once the new year begins.
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:21 PM   #56
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,094
Re: Where will McNabb land?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstone1979 View Post
I would still love for him to stay and be the starter and help groom a young qb. For gods sake get rid of Grossman!!
McNabb doesn't want to return and we dont want him honestly.. MS/KS think Rex is a better fit
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:03 PM   #57
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,991
Re: Where will McNabb land?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
McNabb doesn't want to return and we dont want him honestly.. MS/KS think Rex is a better fit
UNfortunately for McNabb, Rex played solidly and did nothing to make you feel McNabb could do better. He shocked quite a number of people around the league
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:53 AM   #58
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,859
Re: Where will McNabb land?

If you can get a few good, competitive years out of Rex, why not do it? use the high draft picks on more pressing needs. I really dont think QB is one of our "desperation" picks....
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:18 AM   #59
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,991
Re: Where will McNabb land?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
If you can get a few good, competitive years out of Rex, why not do it? use the high draft picks on more pressing needs. I really dont think QB is one of our "desperation" picks....
Totally.....when was the last time NE.....Pittsburg....Indy....Green Bay etc, traded up to get anybody?
They trade with teams like us and stockpile the picks.
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:34 AM   #60
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,756
Re: Where will McNabb land?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Totally.....when was the last time NE.....Pittsburg....Indy....Green Bay etc, traded up to get anybody?
They trade with teams like us and stockpile the picks.
Well NE could trade up and still have its full compliment of picks.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.36589 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25