Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Danny Snyder Forces The Washington Post to Rename “Redskins Insider” to “Football Insider”

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 05:46 PM   #61
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: Danny Snyder Forces The Washington Post to Rename “Redskins Insider” to “Football Insider”

Gasp! The old articles still use "Redskins Insider" in the URL and as the page title! Somebody get Snyder on the phone ASAP!
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-16-2011, 06:25 PM   #62
Impact Rookie
 
Son Of Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 643
Re: Danny Snyder Forces The Washington Post to Rename “Redskins Insider” to “Football Insider”

Danny bought the team, and the name, he decides who can use it.....period!
__________________
RG3 or bust!!!!!!!!!!
Son Of Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:28 PM   #63
Impact Rookie
 
Son Of Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 643
Re: Danny Snyder Forces The Washington Post to Rename “Redskins Insider” to “Football Insider”

Some of you express your hatred for the owner but still tune into the televised games and rock the official merchandise. If you knew anything about business you would not support an enitity owned/operated by someone you despise so much. Either;

a). boycott anything Snyder gets paid on

or

b). keep shooting the B&G magic into your veins and smile at the dope man....quietly.
__________________
RG3 or bust!!!!!!!!!!
Son Of Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:09 PM   #64
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,960
Re: Danny Snyder Forces The Washington Post to Rename “Redskins Insider” to “Football Insider”

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think the bigger issue was probably the video webcasts the Post was streaming

Not sure about this so don't shoot me but didn't George Michaels have a problem like this with his Sports Machine show when it first started?
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:57 PM   #65
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,587
Re: Danny Snyder Forces The Washington Post to Rename “Redskins Insider” to “Football Insider”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Not sure about this so don't shoot me but didn't George Michaels have a problem like this with his Sports Machine show when it first started?
Um...I won't comment on who had a problem with what...

Why are we boycotting?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:47 PM   #66
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,384
Re: Danny Snyder Forces The Washington Post to Rename “Redskins Insider” to “Football Insider”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Of Man View Post
Some of you express your hatred for the owner but still tune into the televised games and rock the official merchandise. If you knew anything about business you would not support an enitity owned/operated by someone you despise so much. Either;

a). boycott anything Snyder gets paid on

or

b). keep shooting the B&G magic into your veins and smile at the dope man....quietly.

or

c) Don't go to games, don't buy merchandise, don't buy NFL ticket but still go to bars to watch the games or stream it live via feed from internet broadcast.


I'll take option C. thanks.

I don't support Dan Snyder. He's getting money off TV deals whether I watch or not.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:58 PM   #67
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,396
Re: Danny Snyder Forces The Washington Post to Rename “Redskins Insider” to “Football Insider”

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
right there with you, i am so tired of people defending this guy. the reason so many fans dislike him is because of his actions and his words. it's just weird to me that there are actually supporters of dan snyder, and vinny cerratto for that matter as well. i can see not hating the guy, but for people to back what he does and try to defend him blows my mind. he is a bad person, who either never has or refuses to learn from his mistakes. and he continually tries to control the media and the image they portray of him.
Snyder is the devil:FIREdevil
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:18 PM   #68
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,983
Re: Danny Snyder Forces The Washington Post to Rename “Redskins Insider” to “Football Insider”

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
right there with you, i am so tired of people defending this guy. the reason so many fans dislike him is because of his actions and his words. it's just weird to me that there are actually supporters of dan snyder, and vinny cerratto for that matter as well. i can see not hating the guy, but for people to back what he does and try to defend him blows my mind. he is a bad person, who either never has or refuses to learn from his mistakes. and he continually tries to control the media and the image they portray of him.
.......the off....season.........
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:24 PM   #69
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
Re: Danny Snyder Forces The Washington Post to Rename “Redskins Insider” to “Football Insider”

Danny Boy is not worthy of hate. Save "hatred" for folks like serial killers, child molesters, the "East Coast Rapist", Bernie Madoff and folks who harm people or ruin other people's lives.

Danny Boy has run a piss-poor operation out of Ashburn VA for the last 10 years or so. He has fired a bunch of people on his whim and he has sued people just because he can. That may make him difficult to tolerate, but he is not worthy of hatred.

Step back and take a deep breath here...

And no one here can possibly accuse me of being an apologist or a supporter of Danny Boy Snyder.
__________________
The Sports Curmudgeon
www.sportscurmudgeon.com
But don't get me wrong, I love sports...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:15 AM   #70
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Danny Snyder Forces The Washington Post to Rename “Redskins Insider” to “Football Insider”

Quote:
Some of you express your hatred for the owner but still tune into the televised games and rock the official merchandise. If you knew anything about business you would not support an enitity owned/operated by someone you despise so much. Either;

a). boycott anything Snyder gets paid on

or

b). keep shooting the B&G magic into your veins and smile at the dope man....quietly.
__________________
I can say that not one penny has come out of my pocket into his...mainly because I don't have much money in the first place.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:04 AM   #71
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,436
Re: Danny Snyder Forces The Washington Post to Rename “Redskins Insider” to “Football Insider”

Redskins owner Dan Snyder's alleged media grab? Don't worry about it. - By Jack Shafer - Slate Magazine
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:39 AM   #72
The Starter
 
MonkFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 37
Posts: 1,840
Re: Danny Snyder Forces The Washington Post to Rename “Redskins Insider” to “Football Insider”

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Um...I won't comment on who had a problem with what...

Why are we boycotting?
Because for whatever damn reason they feel that is what they should do. I told Chad Dukes yesterday that stuff like this really doesn't concern me. All I care about are Sundays. That they can still report on the redskins, still bash them if they want, and still cover them without changing anything but a name. I was told that IF i cared about Sundays then i should be pissed ? Why ? I don't know, however, my little youtube shoe that 6 people watch will have my reson for why this is so F'n retarded as well as the dumbing down of the Washington Redskins fan !

If you are so wuick to say If they do this then I'm done, ****ing roll. Accept that you don't give two F's about things outside of football or stop rooting. This hating yourself for being a redskins fan is idiotic people, it's not like you're legally tied to this team or something.

Smoot I don't get it, but hey. If the fan tells us to boycott, damnit, then we should boycott !
__________________
Catch me on YouTube !

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:23 AM   #73
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,587
Re: Danny Snyder Forces The Washington Post to Rename “Redskins Insider” to “Football Insider”

Nice rant...but I was actually asking GiantOne about his sig. G-1, I got your PM. That's tough; stay strong
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:29 AM   #74
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,384
Re: Danny Snyder Forces The Washington Post to Rename “Redskins Insider” to “Football Insider”

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Maybe they don't have other contractual obligations with other media. And they're not talking about shutting down the blog, just changing the name. Do all these other outlets use the team name in their title or do they use generic names such as Birds' Eye View in the Philadelphia Inquirer, or
Post-Gazette.com - Pittsburgh Steelers
Dallas Cowboys News - Sports News for Dallas, Texas - SportsDayDFW
Philadelphia Eagles

They have a Cowboys, Mavericks, Stars, etc sections under their sports. Is that really any different than the WaPO having a Redskins Insider portion of their sports? (same with philly) Take in mind, I do not know if the DMN or Philly.com has a contract with their teams or not. Would it be fine if the WaPo had subsections like they do?


Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
What about when I was working at a tv station helping launch a new Sunday night show and we got a letter from John Kent Cooke after the first episode saying we had to remove the word Redskins from the title? Can I call Cooke a punk ass bitch?
I'm sorry, did you just really compare JKC to Snyder? Cooke was beloved by the fans because of his good nature (may have been a ass to his family) and left a good portion of his inheritance to his foundation to help kids with scholarships. Just curious, do you see Snyder doing such a thing? Yeah, neither do I so lets not compare apples to oranges. You mentioned a TV show. I think that's a bit different than a newspaper blog. Wouldn't you agree? To answer your question, if JKC had done the things that Snyder has, he'd definitely be considered a punk ass bitch.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
The guy who called Shanahan a racist for benching McNabb? Yeah, who's the bitch now?
So because a writer states a asinine opinion on something, that invalidates anything else he writes? Really? I think his stupidity in calling Shanahan racist has absolutely no bearing on his account with Dan Snyder. The fact you are playing the straw man bit doesn't bode well your retort.



Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Actually because the media usually doesn't talk about it. We've had to make several adjustments but we don't go around saying "Bud Selig made us do this"

Bud Selig isn't looked at as a owner. He's a commissioner. I said owners. Name me one other owner that has the type of PR problem that Sndyer has with the media. Selig will also go down as MLBs worst commissioner ever. Not something I would hang my hat on.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think that's the first I've heard this story
I'm sure there are tons we haven't heard about. Do you read McKenna's work? The man clearly has a agenda, but his articles are informative and backed up with fact.



Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I don't think we read the same article there, looked like a misunderstanding to me. But whatever, Snyder caused the mess in Iraq...
No, this was the follow up article after Snyder caught shit tons of flack for this encounter. This wasn't some "misunderstanding" that happened. This was Dan Snyder bullying the competing stations. See example below.

The King of Pay-to-Play Broadcasting: George Michael was ahead of his time. - Washington City Paper

Quote:
There were victims in the schemes Michael and Snyder worked out, too. Only one network affiliate didn’t follow Michael’s lead and become a “media partner” with Snyder: WJLA-7.

Snyder punished the station for not going along with the system he’d set up. Beginning with newscasts in the 2000 training camp, while Michael and sportscasters from WTTG and WUSA were allowed to broadcast their live shots from inside Redskins Park, WJLA folks were banished from the team’s headquarters.

“We spent the season shooting in the Redskins Park parking lot,” recalls former WJLA sportscaster Rene Knott. “Those were the days.”

You act like this is the first time he's shit on the opposing media firms that didn't hand over money to him. No, there is no misunderstanding. It was WJLA (notified by her husband) that came to the Redskins to do the story, and he banned them and got his crew in to cover the story.

Quote:
Luhn said he asked Stephanie Jojokian, the cheerleaders' director, whether WJLA could interview Kristin Edick and her husband afterward, outside the stadium or even at a restaurant.

"She could do that, but she'll no longer be a Redskins cheerleader," Luhn recalls Jojokian saying. "She is contractually obligated to the Redskins."
That doesn't sound like a misunderstanding. That sounds like a person directed by a PR department (and most likely Synder doing).


I guess many of these other things listed up on this article are "misunderstandings" as well?

The Cranky Redskins Fan's Guide to Dan Snyder - Washington City Paper


Listen, let's not go that "But whatever, Snyder caused the mess in Iraq..." route. It's petty, much like Danny boy is. I don't blame Dan for anything that he's isn't responsible for. I don't blame Danny for the world being the way it is or anything outside his realm. I hold people accountable based on their actions and so far, he's failed miserably and continues down that same path.

As I said before, I'm not as upset at this move as some of his others, but considering his standing in the community/media, it was best to not say anything. That is the best thing Danny boy can do at this point. If he wants to make a name for himself, how about he ship that jet over to japan loaded with supplies and crews to help with the search for missing people. Now THAT is something I want to see from Dan, and something I'll applaud. You have to wonder why in the hell did he hire Tony Wyllie because these latest PR moves have been horrible. Oh yeah, so he can have somebody else to blame for his blunders.

Last edited by NC_Skins; 03-17-2011 at 10:42 AM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:10 AM   #75
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,587
Re: Danny Snyder Forces The Washington Post to Rename “Redskins Insider” to “Football Insider”

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Post-Gazette.com - Pittsburgh Steelers
Dallas Cowboys News - Sports News for Dallas, Texas - SportsDayDFW
Philadelphia Eagles

They have a Cowboys, Mavericks, Stars, etc sections under their sports. Is that really any different than the WaPO having a Redskins Insider portion of their sports? (same with philly) Take in mind, I do not know if the DMN or Philly.com has a contract with their teams or not. Would it be fine if the WaPo had subsections like they do?
The Washington Post has a Redskins news section, just like the Gazette, DMN, and Philly.com have for their teams. But this isn't about that section of the paper. It's about the blogs and the video webcasts. Philly.com has Birds Eye View and the Gazette has Blog and Gold.

Quote:
I'm sorry, did you just really compare JKC to Snyder? Cooke was beloved by the fans because of his good nature (may have been a ass to his family) and left a good portion of his inheritance to his foundation to help kids with scholarships. Just curious, do you see Snyder doing such a thing? Yeah, neither do I so lets not compare apples to oranges. You mentioned a TV show. I think that's a bit different than a newspaper blog. Wouldn't you agree? To answer your question, if JKC had done the things that Snyder has, he'd definitely be considered a punk ass bitch.
First of all, I said John Kent Cooke, not Jack. And secondly, in today's era a Sunday night TV show on local news is not much different from a daily blog and video webcast in a newspaper. It's kind of funny though it's ok to be an ass to your family, it seems.

Quote:
So because a writer states a asinine opinion on something, that invalidates anything else he writes? Really? I think his stupidity in calling Shanahan racist has absolutely no bearing on his account with Dan Snyder. The fact you are playing the straw man bit doesn't bode well your retort.
Fine


Quote:
Bud Selig isn't looked at as a owner. He's a commissioner. I said owners. Name me one other owner that has the type of PR problem that Sndyer has with the media. Selig will also go down as MLBs worst commissioner ever. Not something I would hang my hat on.
Donald Sterling? Either way, Snyder's problem is due to as much to public ignorance than anything else, in my opinion.


Quote:
I'm sure there are tons we haven't heard about. Do you read McKenna's work? The man clearly has a agenda, but his articles are informative and backed up with fact.
Not always fact, or it's not always entirely factual. But that's another debate for another day-which I've already had

Quote:
No, this was the follow up article after Snyder caught shit tons of flack for this encounter. This wasn't some "misunderstanding" that happened. This was Dan Snyder bullying the competing stations. See example below.

The King of Pay-to-Play Broadcasting: George Michael was ahead of his time. - Washington City Paper

You act like this is the first time he's shit on the opposing media firms that didn't hand over money to him. No, there is no misunderstanding. It was WJLA (notified by her husband) that came to the Redskins to do the story, and he banned them and got his crew in to cover the story.

That doesn't sound like a misunderstanding. That sounds like a person directed by a PR department (and most likely Synder doing).

I guess many of these other things listed up on this article are "misunderstandings" as well?
Fine...but I've been that person (not Rene Knott, mind you) reporting from the parking lot..and it was long before Snyder stepped foot in Redskins Park

Quote:
Listen, let's not go that "But whatever, Snyder caused the mess in Iraq..." route. It's petty, much like Danny boy is. I don't blame Dan for anything that he's isn't responsible for. I don't blame Danny for the world being the way it is or anything outside his realm. I hold people accountable based on their actions and so far, he's failed miserably and continues down that same path.

As I said before, I'm not as upset at this move as some of his others, but considering his standing in the community/media, it was best to not say anything. That is the best thing Danny boy can do at this point. If he wants to make a name for himself, how about he ship that jet over to japan loaded with supplies and crews to help with the search for missing people. Now THAT is something I want to see from Dan, and something I'll applaud. You have to wonder why in the hell did he hire Tony Wyllie because these latest PR moves have been horrible. Oh yeah, so he can have somebody else to blame for his blunders.
Send supplies? Like when he did this?

Redskins join in Haiti relief effort - NFC East Blog - ESPN
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.42728 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25