Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Rogers Ready to Move On

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 04:43 AM   #46
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 8,295
Re: Rogers Ready to Move On

I think that if Carlos leaves this board will be begging for his return before the first half of the season is over. There are some important issues to look at before shipping him away and calling him a bust.

1. Who will replace him? Kevin Barnes? No thanks. If we're able to get a top flight CB such as Asoughmaughausdhf then fine. Truth be told, I'd rather ship out D Hall for Asoughmaughausdhf than Rogers.

2. People act as if CBs are supposed to win games. CBs rarely win games for you, however a CB can often lose a game for you giving up a big pass late. Go ahead and look back at who gave up more big plays for wins. Carlos or Hall. There's a reason Hall gets thrown on all day, because he constantly makes big mistakes. Minus the one game with 3 picks where I think Hall must have had the wrong color jersey on, he was mediocre at best. Fans are fickle, just because he catches the ball means he's an amazing player. I want my outside guys to first and foremost lock down receivers, and PICKS are nice. Let the FS be the ballhawk.

3. Carlos should certainly catch some of the balls. I'm not saying that isn't his biggest weakness. However, I refuse to accept him being a bad or sub-par player because of that one issue. If he had better hands he'd be a top 10 CB in the NFL easy. As is, I think he's in the top 30 without question.

4. Since day one people have been pretty critical of Carlos and don't realize his value. If I were treated like that, I'd probably want out too. I also don't understand why people are angry he wants to get paid. We all do it in our professional careers, why is it so wrong for players to do that. Your market price is what someone will pay. If another company offered me a decent raise and the other intangibles were there -- goodbye current company. I have to look out for my own best interests, my company isn't going to do that for me.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-19-2011, 07:21 AM   #47
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 3,239
Re: Rogers Ready to Move On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
I think that if Carlos leaves this board will be begging for his return before the first half of the season is over. There are some important issues to look at before shipping him away and calling him a bust.

1. Who will replace him? Kevin Barnes? No thanks. If we're able to get a top flight CB such as Asoughmaughausdhf then fine. Truth be told, I'd rather ship out D Hall for Asoughmaughausdhf than Rogers.

2. People act as if CBs are supposed to win games. CBs rarely win games for you, however a CB can often lose a game for you giving up a big pass late. Go ahead and look back at who gave up more big plays for wins. Carlos or Hall. There's a reason Hall gets thrown on all day, because he constantly makes big mistakes. Minus the one game with 3 picks where I think Hall must have had the wrong color jersey on, he was mediocre at best. Fans are fickle, just because he catches the ball means he's an amazing player. I want my outside guys to first and foremost lock down receivers, and PICKS are nice. Let the FS be the ballhawk.

3. Carlos should certainly catch some of the balls. I'm not saying that isn't his biggest weakness. However, I refuse to accept him being a bad or sub-par player because of that one issue. If he had better hands he'd be a top 10 CB in the NFL easy. As is, I think he's in the top 30 without question.

4. Since day one people have been pretty critical of Carlos and don't realize his value. If I were treated like that, I'd probably want out too. I also don't understand why people are angry he wants to get paid. We all do it in our professional careers, why is it so wrong for players to do that. Your market price is what someone will pay. If another company offered me a decent raise and the other intangibles were there -- goodbye current company. I have to look out for my own best interests, my company isn't going to do that for me.
couldn't agree more. i like to get on los for missing some int's, but he is a damn good cover corner. it's a shame when never took care of him before, this wouldn't even be an issue.

it's funny how people on this board rant and rave about building from the ground up just to say ah screw carlos we can find someone better, really? what is happening with los will hopefully cease to happen anymore, we never pay the good young talent we draft, we just pay up once and ship em out for the next guy. it's a shame los feels the way he does, i would love nothing more than for him to be a redskins lifer.
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:50 AM   #48
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Rogers Ready to Move On

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I don't think the fact that he simply couldn't catch interceptions should just be dismissed. He is a very good corner, but he wants to be paid like a great one. Great ones are game changers, never felt Los was one
well put.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:51 AM   #49
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 10,239
Re: Rogers Ready to Move On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
I agree with Ruhskins and Skinfan69, Carlos Rogers has been mistreated by the less knowledgeable fans and media. To say he is abysmal is wrong.
Carlos has played on some really terrible Redskins teams that had a terrible offense and no defensive line. Our run stopping last year was a joke. But Carlos drops a couple of INT's and he is the bad guy.
Carlos is an athletic NFL cover corner. They do not grow on trees and there aren't that many CB's out there as good as him at covering a top NFL WR. The dropeed int's is over blown considering how good the rest of his game is.
That would be like rating DE's and LB's solely on sacks. Oh wait they already do that. That is a mistake.
Great post. Sometimes I wonder if people around realize that it's the corners job to COVER first.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:01 AM   #50
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 10,239
Re: Rogers Ready to Move On

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I've brought it up several times here, and it's mentioned in this article as well. What is driving this as much as anything else is the fact that Rogers is beyond broke. Well, he was at least. I think he's in a bit of better shape now, but he is really looking for the money above all else.


Sometimes I wish the media would just leave this type of stuff alone. It's really no ones business what kind of financial shape the guy is in. If he brought it up then fine, but I don't think that was the case cause I remember an article on Post.com.

And whether he was broke or not, wouldn't most of us try and get as much $ as we could if we were in his shoes? Especially if you felt you were being low balled. I know I would. Bottom line is the guy is going to get a big raise and it's well deserved.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:01 AM   #51
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,508
Re: Rogers Ready to Move On

I'm not in favor of Carlos moving on, unless of course his asking price is simply unrealistic. He's a good pass defender with an annoying habit of playing two games at once: Football and Hot Potato.
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:04 AM   #52
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,860
Re: Rogers Ready to Move On

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Great post. Sometimes I wonder if people around realize that it's the corners job to COVER first.
Agreed, but I think his inability to catch interceptions prevented him from being a top corner in the league. Rogers was a top ten pick, and I think you'd expect him to being a game changing corner if he's picked that high. He never became that type of player.

The bottom line is that he wants more money, and while he's been a solid corner, he probably is not worth the money he is looking for. Unfortunately, Rogers and Hall compliment each other, and unless we get a suitable replacement, our CB play will be affected greatly. For the cafeteria fans out there, I strongly believe that the same would happen if Hall were to leave and we didn't find a suitable replacement to compliment Rogers. But I'm sure the cafeteria fans won't care about this and be ready for a season of D. Hall bitching sessions.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #53
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Rogers Ready to Move On

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
[/B]

Sometimes I wish the media would just leave this type of stuff alone. It's really no ones business what kind of financial shape the guy is in. If he brought it up then fine, but I don't think that was the case cause I remember an article on Post.com.

And whether he was broke or not, wouldn't most of us try and get as much $ as we could if we were in his shoes? Especially if you felt you were being low balled. I know I would. Bottom line is the guy is going to get a big raise and it's well deserved.
I get what you're saying I think, but if the media hadn't covered it then we would just think he was all about the money. It's understandable if someone makes a decision that gets their life back in order, living w/lots od debt isn't fun. So I agree it isn't any of our business, but at least by knowing this I'll have more empathy & understanding of his wanting to leave, assuming he really can make a lot more elsewhere.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:21 AM   #54
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,143
Re: Rogers Ready to Move On

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
[/B]

Sometimes I wish the media would just leave this type of stuff alone. It's really no ones business what kind of financial shape the guy is in. If he brought it up then fine, but I don't think that was the case cause I remember an article on Post.com.

And whether he was broke or not, wouldn't most of us try and get as much $ as we could if we were in his shoes? Especially if you felt you were being low balled. I know I would. Bottom line is the guy is going to get a big raise and it's well deserved.
The media has left it alone. This is something the media knew about for months but never said it a word. And it's still not really ever brought up. When he attended a court hearing it was the first time the media did any sort of story on it. And it was just cut and dry info about the court hearing.

It would be interesting though if we simply never reported on the salaries these players make.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:32 AM   #55
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,143
Re: Rogers Ready to Move On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
I think that if Carlos leaves this board will be begging for his return before the first half of the season is over. There are some important issues to look at before shipping him away and calling him a bust.

1. Who will replace him? Kevin Barnes? No thanks. If we're able to get a top flight CB such as Asoughmaughausdhf then fine. Truth be told, I'd rather ship out D Hall for Asoughmaughausdhf than Rogers.
Why not Kevin Barnes? Why are we so quick to dismiss Barnes, yet it's a problem to say Rogers has disappointed in his time here

Quote:
2. People act as if CBs are supposed to win games. CBs rarely win games for you, however a CB can often lose a game for you giving up a big pass late. Go ahead and look back at who gave up more big plays for wins. Carlos or Hall. There's a reason Hall gets thrown on all day, because he constantly makes big mistakes. Minus the one game with 3 picks where I think Hall must have had the wrong color jersey on, he was mediocre at best. Fans are fickle, just because he catches the ball means he's an amazing player. I want my outside guys to first and foremost lock down receivers, and PICKS are nice. Let the FS be the ballhawk.
I don't have the number in front of me but I believe Los was targeted as many times as Hall, if not more. Though I may be mixing up years. But anyhow, the best corners do win games. And Rogers wants to be paid like one of the best

Quote:
3. Carlos should certainly catch some of the balls. I'm not saying that isn't his biggest weakness. However, I refuse to accept him being a bad or sub-par player because of that one issue. If he had better hands he'd be a top 10 CB in the NFL easy. As is, I think he's in the top 30 without question.
But he doesn't want top 30 money. If he did, I suppose he'd be totally happy with his salary

Quote:
4. Since day one people have been pretty critical of Carlos and don't realize his value. If I were treated like that, I'd probably want out too. I also don't understand why people are angry he wants to get paid. We all do it in our professional careers, why is it so wrong for players to do that. Your market price is what someone will pay. If another company offered me a decent raise and the other intangibles were there -- goodbye current company. I have to look out for my own best interests, my company isn't going to do that for me.
I don't begrudge him wanting to get money
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:53 AM   #56
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Rogers Ready to Move On

Good point about Barnes SS. But do you really think he can replace Los? Barnes as a starting cb does worry me. He's a decent nickel guy, just don't think he's up to filling Los' shoes. I realize we haven't seen enough of him yet in that role yet. The coaches may have no choice.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:57 AM   #57
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
Re: Rogers Ready to Move On

You know I usually defend player and have defended CR before but...

F....Carlos Rogers. See ya.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:06 AM   #58
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 8,295
Re: Rogers Ready to Move On

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Why not Kevin Barnes? Why are we so quick to dismiss Barnes, yet it's a problem to say Rogers has disappointed in his time here



I don't have the number in front of me but I believe Los was targeted as many times as Hall, if not more. Though I may be mixing up years. But anyhow, the best corners do win games. And Rogers wants to be paid like one of the best



But he doesn't want top 30 money. If he did, I suppose he'd be totally happy with his salary



I don't begrudge him wanting to get money
I don't dislike Kevin Barnes as an option, but as an every down starting CB I don't feel very comfortable going into the season with him opposite D Hall. I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again, but I think it's a major downgrade. I like Barnes in the nickle right now.

You talk about targets which is a clever way of avoiding the question. I'm asking when 'Los was beat where it was a big play costing the skins the game. Targets are one thing, but big completions are another. Most of the completions on Carlos are short and stopped quickly.

If he wants top CB money, then I understand letting him walk. I think his market price is much higher than fans here seem to think. I think he's a 15-20CB in my eyes. I understand if we let him go because of financial reasons, but I think we underestimate what he brings to the table.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:14 AM   #59
Special Teams
 
spAtt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 435
Re: Rogers Ready to Move On

Dont let the door hit you in the ass,, bye!,,,,
spAtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:30 AM   #60
Playmaker
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,734
Re: Rogers Ready to Move On

Carlos is the least of the skins worries.
__________________
Lafayette, we're here.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.36400 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25