Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins coaches support owners in lockout

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2011, 11:25 AM   #61
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,389
Re: Redskins coaches support owners in lockout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Regardless, the NFLCA F'd this up from the start.
That much is certain.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #62
The Starter
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,063
Re: Redskins coaches support owners in lockout

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLC1054 View Post
Clearly Dan Snyder has bullied every other coach in the league as well.
Why the sympathetic defense of Snyder? He has acquired a well-earned reputation as a bully. Once a man gains a reputation as a bully, it is to be expected that he might be accused of doing something that he didn't do. Tough luck for him. If he had a reputation for treating his employees respectfully then he wouldn't have to worry about such things.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:16 PM   #63
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,587
Re: Redskins coaches support owners in lockout

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Why the sympathetic defense of Snyder? He has acquired a well-earned reputation as a bully. Once a man gains a reputation as a bully, it is to be expected that he might be accused of doing something that he didn't do. Tough luck for him. If he had a reputation for treating his employees respectfully then he wouldn't have to worry about such things.
Because much of his reputation is actually built on BS accusations such as the one in this thread
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:39 PM   #64
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,389
Re: Redskins coaches support owners in lockout

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Because much of his reputation is actually built on BS accusations such as the one in this thread
Pretty sure that reputation is earned, and not based on BS accusations either. See his lawsuit against the Washington City Paper as pure evidence of bullying. Also, he's bullied his coaches, players, and fans so that reputation is legit.


That said, I don't agree with the claim or notion that it's Snyder behind making the coaches sign the letter backing the owners. However, I do think they did it out of fear.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:40 PM   #65
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,365
Re: Redskins coaches support owners in lockout

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Because much of his reputation is actually built on BS accusations such as the one in this thread
See this is what a good mod does. A simple short statement that guarantees the thread will double in size as people start pulling long winded diatribes against DS.

Now that is earning your Cayman Island account!
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:41 PM   #66
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,587
Re: Redskins coaches support owners in lockout

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Pretty sure that reputation is earned, and not based on BS accusations either. See his lawsuit against the Washington City Paper as pure evidence of bullying. Also, he's bullied his coaches, players, and fans so that reputation is legit.


That said, I don't agree with the claim or notion that it's Snyder behind making the coaches sign the letter backing the owners. However, I do think they did it out of fear.
I disagree, but I'm not going to get into it again. It's a tired subject, in my opinion
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:41 PM   #67
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,441
Re: Redskins coaches support owners in lockout

For every legit reason to hate on the guy, there's probably twice as much BS out there. I've got no problem with focusing on the legit stuff, but the BS is just that.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:30 PM   #68
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,587
Re: Redskins coaches support owners in lockout

Add the Eagles

Andy Reid Does Not Support The NFLCA Filing Either - Bleeding Green Nation
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:32 PM   #69
Impact Rookie
 
Son Of Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 643
Re: Redskins coaches support owners in lockout

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Because much of his reputation is actually built on BS accusations such as the one in this thread
This!!!
__________________
RG3 or bust!!!!!!!!!!
Son Of Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:37 PM   #70
Impact Rookie
 
Son Of Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 643
Re: Redskins coaches support owners in lockout

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Pretty sure that reputation is earned, and not based on BS accusations either. See his lawsuit against the Washington City Paper as pure evidence of bullying. Also, he's bullied his coaches, players, and fans so that reputation is legit.


That said, I don't agree with the claim or notion that it's Snyder behind making the coaches sign the letter backing the owners. However, I do think they did it out of fear.
Yeah, he really pushed Joe Gibbs around. Probably berating Shanny right now. Laid the smack down on Portis. I also heard he went man up with Arrington in the employee bathroom. I also heard the guys on his radio station are terrified of him and kiss his arse on their shows.

All jokes aside, are we calling him a bully because he berated Norv? That was over a decade ago.
__________________
RG3 or bust!!!!!!!!!!
Son Of Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:51 PM   #71
Impact Rookie
 
Son Of Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 643
Re: Redskins coaches support owners in lockout

More coaches distance selves from NFLCA brief - ESPN

Looks like B&G coaches just got out in front.
__________________
RG3 or bust!!!!!!!!!!
Son Of Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:01 PM   #72
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,441
Re: Redskins coaches support owners in lockout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Of Man View Post
More coaches distance selves from NFLCA brief - ESPN

Looks like B&G coaches just got out in front.
A lot of owners are bullies you know
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:24 PM   #73
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,389
Re: Redskins coaches support owners in lockout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Of Man View Post
Yeah, he really pushed Joe Gibbs around. Probably berating Shanny right now. Laid the smack down on Portis. I also heard he went man up with Arrington in the employee bathroom. I also heard the guys on his radio station are terrified of him and kiss his arse on their shows.

All jokes aside, are we calling him a bully because he berated Norv? That was over a decade ago.
I had no intention of going there, but since you want examples of bullying. You can also look at many of his business ventures to see prime examples of bullying.

Daniel Snyder Does Not Like Vanilla Ice Cream, So Says Mike Nolan | Larry Brown Sports
Quote:
Early that season, after a Redskins loss, Snyder told Nolan that his defensive calls were “too vanilla.” Like the other coaches, Nolan had figured out by then that trying to explain football to Snyder was pointless, since he already had the game figured out. A few days later a gallon of 31 Flavors ice cream showed up on Nolan’s desk with a note that said, “This is what I like. Not vanilla.”

Nolan laughed and sent Snyder a note: “Thanks for the ice cream. My kids enjoyed it.”

“The first time it was actually kind of funny,” Nolan said. “I didn’t mind it at all.”

The next time wasn’t as funny.

The Redskins lost on the road to Dallas, and Nolan went into his office late Sunday night to start looking at game tape. When he arrived, there were three giant canisters of melting 31 Flavors ice cream on his desk with another note: “I wasn’t joking. I do not like vanilla.”

Do I even need to remind you of how Jim Zorn was treated? Give me a break. Poor Zorn had to break down game film for Danny boy during the week to satisfy this meddling idiot.
Jim Zorn broke down game film with Dan Snyder - DC Sports Bog - The Washington Post

Sure he isn't bullying guys like Gibbs or Shanny, because he can't.


Players?

Quote:
Laveranues Coles is threatened by Snyder with a big screen TV, because "that's where you'll be watching the games next year" if you holdout for a new contract. Traded to the Jets for Santana Moss, and incurring a whopping $9m "dead cap" charge for the knee jerk move.
Czabe.com: See Ya, Fatso
Not bullying?


I'd rather not turn this into a Snyder discussion. I said a couple times I do not think Snyder is behind the coaches siding with owners. I don't believe in make believe stories or things that aren't confirmed. (well, for the most part)
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:42 PM   #74
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,587
Re: Redskins coaches support owners in lockout

Add the Jets to teams rejecting the brief
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:46 PM   #75
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,389
Re: Redskins coaches support owners in lockout

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Add the Jets to teams rejecting the brief
So the question is, did those dipshits notify or ask ANYBODY before submitting that brief?....lol
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30100 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25