Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


If Pryor entered the supplemental draft would you pick him.

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Would You Draft Pryor In the Supplemental Draft?
Yes 35 27.78%
No 91 72.22%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2011, 01:22 PM   #166
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,758
Re: If Pryor entered the supplemental draft would you pick him.

SS, have you heard any serious interest by the Skins or any other player in the sup. draft? Been in the news Skins were interested in his pro day workout
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #167
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,759
Re: If Pryor entered the supplemental draft would you pick him.

The NFL suspending Pryor (even though I don't want his sorry ass) is about the dumbest thing I've seen to date. Are you kidding me? Jeremy Jarmon was ruled ineligible because he failed a drug test. Yes, his own actions caused him to be ineligible. Why didn't they get on their high horse and suspend him?


Absolutely ridiculous.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:14 PM   #168
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,080
Re: If Pryor entered the supplemental draft would you pick him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
The NFL suspending Pryor (even though I don't want his sorry ass) is about the dumbest thing I've seen to date. Are you kidding me? Jeremy Jarmon was ruled ineligible because he failed a drug test. Yes, his own actions caused him to be ineligible. Why didn't they get on their high horse and suspend him?


Absolutely ridiculous.
I disagree. It is time to hold players and coaches accountable for their bad behavior. This new policy is from now going forward to players coming into the league. Not players like Jarmon who committed offenses years ago. I just hope the rules also apply to coaches. Players and coaches that commit infractions because they can get away with it by going to the NFL and escape any punishment needed to be addressed. It will be a deterrent to the young punks like Pryor in college that think they can get away with anything. This will now cost him something he treasures most...money and greed.
The NFL team that eventually drafts him will now pick him in a lower round because of the suspension. So not only will he lose game checks but now his rookie (4 year) contract will be smaller salary because he will be drafted lower. It makes perfect sense....it hits him where it hurts most.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:16 PM   #169
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,148
Re: If Pryor entered the supplemental draft would you pick him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
SS, have you heard any serious interest by the Skins or any other player in the sup. draft? Been in the news Skins were interested in his pro day workout
No, but I've been kind of busy with other stuff. So I haven't been paying much attention
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:18 PM   #170
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,148
Re: If Pryor entered the supplemental draft would you pick him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
I disagree. It is time to hold players and coaches accountable for their bad behavior. This new policy is from now going forward to players coming into the league. Not players like Jarmon who committed offenses years ago. I just hope the rules also apply to coaches. Players and coaches that commit infractions because they can get away with it by going to the NFL and escape any punishment needed to be addressed. It will be a deterrent to the young punks like Pryor in college that think they can get away with anything. This will now cost him something he treasures most...money and greed.
The NFL team that eventually drafts him will now pick him in a lower round because of the suspension. So not only will he lose game checks but now his rookie (4 year) contract will be smaller salary because he will be drafted lower. It makes perfect sense.
I mean Jarmon was only a couple of years ago. But, in my opinion, if Goodell wants to make this the policy moving forward he should state that. He should effective with the 2012 Supplemental Draft.... Don't just single out Pryor here.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:19 PM   #171
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: If Pryor entered the supplemental draft would you pick him.

I voted No, for obvious reasons. What surprised me was, after submitting my vote, i saw that there were 34 votes for yes. Which begs the question, how did dirtbag manage to submit 34 votes?
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:33 PM   #172
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,759
Re: If Pryor entered the supplemental draft would you pick him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
I disagree. It is time to hold players and coaches accountable for their bad behavior. This new policy is from now going forward to players coming into the league. Not players like Jarmon who committed offenses years ago. I just hope the rules also apply to coaches. Players and coaches that commit infractions because they can get away with it by going to the NFL and escape any punishment needed to be addressed. It will be a deterrent to the young punks like Pryor in college that think they can get away with anything. This will now cost him something he treasures most...money and greed.
The NFL team that eventually drafts him will now pick him in a lower round because of the suspension. So not only will he lose game checks but now his rookie (4 year) contract will be smaller salary because he will be drafted lower. It makes perfect sense....it hits him where it hurts most.
Wait wait wait.....so a guy who sells merchandise to make himself ineligible gets 6 games suspension, but a guy who liquors up girls and rapes them in bathrooms gets a 4 game suspension?

I have a huge problem with the NFL suspending anybody for rules not violating the NFL policy. They shouldn't be allowed to suspend them for anything prior to their employment in the NFL.

Hell, even some college admins are saying it's a bad idea.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:44 PM   #173
Special Teams
 
Player_HTTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 329
Re: If Pryor entered the supplemental draft would you pick him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I have a huge problem with the NFL suspending anybody for rules not violating the NFL policy. They shouldn't be allowed to suspend them for anything prior to their employment in the NFL.
Yep. IMO should have just declared him ineligible. I believe the NFL would have a better arguement for that at least.
Player_HTTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:30 PM   #174
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,080
Re: If Pryor entered the supplemental draft would you pick him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Wait wait wait.....so a guy who sells merchandise to make himself ineligible gets 6 games suspension, but a guy who liquors up girls and rapes them in bathrooms gets a 4 game suspension?

I have a huge problem with the NFL suspending anybody for rules not violating the NFL policy. They shouldn't be allowed to suspend them for anything prior to their employment in the NFL.

Hell, even some college admins are saying it's a bad idea.
The NFL policy about being a good citizen is pretty clear. You break the law and you are subject to suspension, fine or worse. Pryor obstructed an investigation and lied about it. You might not think that is a big deal, but I do.
Ben's situation was a little more tricky in a he said she said can't prove it situation. Pryor's situation was very clear, it got his coach fired.
Ben was not convicted of anything and his coach is still coaching and Ben still go suspended.
I do not care what 'some college admins' have to say. NCAA Footblaa and their stinking BCS system makes them lose all credibility.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:51 PM   #175
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,770
Re: If Pryor entered the supplemental draft would you pick him.

I guess I have a problem with the NFL suspending someone who's not in the NFL for violating NFL rules. How is someone not in the NFL subject to NFL rules? Comparing Ben to Pryor doesnt work because Ben was in the NFL when he committed his infraction, Pryor wasnt.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:55 PM   #176
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 37
Posts: 12,623
Re: If Pryor entered the supplemental draft would you pick him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I don't think it's Goodell's place to punish Pryor for something that happened while he was in college. Is Pryor getting around the system a bit? Maybe, but so is Caleb King, so did Brian Bosworth, so did Cris Carter, so did Jeremy Jarmon, so did Jared Gaither, and in a way so did Bernie Kosar. The supplemental draft has basically been an out for inelgibile NCAA players since it began.
I agree about Goodell, and I also think he bungled this decision. The statement said that Pryor made decisions that underminded the supplemental draft, and then let him enter the draft. I was like, huh?
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:19 PM   #177
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,080
Re: If Pryor entered the supplemental draft would you pick him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
I guess I have a problem with the NFL suspending someone who's not in the NFL for violating NFL rules. How is someone not in the NFL subject to NFL rules? Comparing Ben to Pryor doesnt work because Ben was in the NFL when he committed his infraction, Pryor wasnt.
That like saying not wanting to arrest a criminal in Texas for a crime committed in Arizona. "Well he broke laws before he got to Texas and didn't break laws in Texas so we are not going to arrest him and extradite him."
This is the same situation. College players continue to break serious rules over and over again because they can leave college ball for NFL and not suffer any punishment. What kind of message does that send to the young elite high school players being heavily recruited by college teams?
You want NFL players that are good citizens, it starts before they get here. The college system and the NFL work hand in hand and needs creative changes. This is an attempt to hold the players accountable. I like it. It iwll make players think twice before going with the flow of rule breaking..
This cost Pryor millions of dollars.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:37 PM   #178
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,261
Re: If Pryor entered the supplemental draft would you pick him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I don't think it's Goodell's place to punish Pryor for something that happened while he was in college. Is Pryor getting around the system a bit? Maybe, but so is Caleb King, so did Brian Bosworth, so did Cris Carter, so did Jeremy Jarmon, so did Jared Gaither, and in a way so did Bernie Kosar. The supplemental draft has basically been an out for inelgibile NCAA players since it began.

Yeah exactly the way i feel. I think its completely unfair to suspend him.

Although i think it will probably work out better for Pryor. You dont have to worry as much about fans wanting him to come in a relieve a QB thats doing poorly, until at the very earliest, the very end of the season. You can get him acclimated and prepare him to be the starter next year, without as much pressure as you might have with Alex Smith Colin kaepernick type situation, should Smith make some mistakes
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:41 PM   #179
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,261
Re: If Pryor entered the supplemental draft would you pick him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I mean Jarmon was only a couple of years ago. But, in my opinion, if Goodell wants to make this the policy moving forward he should state that. He should effective with the 2012 Supplemental Draft.... Don't just single out Pryor here.

One of the main things i hate about goodell. He singles people out and has little consistancy or no outlined penalites for some violations
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:43 PM   #180
Special Teams
 
BuckSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Eastern Ohio
Age: 46
Posts: 232
Re: If Pryor entered the supplemental draft would you pick him.

Let's face it, this is simply a cosmetic punishment. Pryor had a snowball's chance in hell of playing at all this year in any capacity. No one expecting to draft him is really worried about this suspension. Goodell meant to send a message, only problem it may be seen by many as a shallow attempt.
__________________
"Any Nation willing to give up a little freedom, to gain a little security, will deserve neither, and lose both."
-Benjamin Franklin
BuckSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.47067 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25