Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 12:32 PM   #31
The Starter
 
diehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Norfolk, Va (OV)
Posts: 1,566
Re: Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

Plax needs bullet-proof pocket proctectors.
__________________
'Any NFL team will win with RG3. Imagine how exciting it will be watching him do it.'

Last edited by diehard; 06-09-2011 at 10:34 PM.
diehard is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-09-2011, 01:02 PM   #32
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,917
Re: Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

i will withold making any judgements about plax because i was proven wrong in 2009 when I said Vick would find some success, but would never again be the player he was..

we are saying this stuff about Plax now, and everyone could be proven wrong especially if he comes out looking in shape and plays good for a guy who has missed 2 years...
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:05 PM   #33
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,734
Re: Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
i will withold making any judgements about plax because i was proven wrong in 2009 when I said Vick would find some success, but would never again be the player he was..

we are saying this stuff about Plax now, and everyone could be proven wrong especially if he comes out looking in shape and plays good for a guy who has missed 2 years...
The cost of signing Plax right now is taking playing time away from our young guys (Austin, Hankerson, Paul, Robinson, Banks, etc). For a team thats been to the playoffs thats no big deal. For a team thats trying to rebuild it's a huge cost and part of the reason we've stunk for the better part of the previous decade.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:09 PM   #34
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,406
Re: Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
i will withold making any judgements about plax because i was proven wrong in 2009 when I said Vick would find some success, but would never again be the player he was..

we are saying this stuff about Plax now, and everyone could be proven wrong especially if he comes out looking in shape and plays good for a guy who has missed 2 years...
I think the difference between Vick and Plax, is that Vick was 27 years old when he went to prison, whereas Plax was 31. No matter what, it will take Plax a year to get back to football shape (just like Vick), so that would put him at 35 years old when he can try to get back to his old self. I mean if he does pull it off, more power to him, I just see age as a factor in this situation.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:42 PM   #35
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,917
Re: Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I think the difference between Vick and Plax, is that Vick was 27 years old when he went to prison, whereas Plax was 31. No matter what, it will take Plax a year to get back to football shape (just like Vick), so that would put him at 35 years old when he can try to get back to his old self. I mean if he does pull it off, more power to him, I just see age as a factor in this situation.
You make good points and I do agree with you, but Plaxico could also go the route of Jerry Rice (i'm comparing their ages and not stats people) and play at a high level for many more years.

If we could get him for cheap, and he can fill a role as 3rd receiver or something, we would have a good guy for the next 3 to 4 years and he wouldnt take playing time away from the youngsters....
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:03 PM   #36
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,021
Re: Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
You make good points and I do agree with you, but Plaxico could also go the route of Jerry Rice (i'm comparing their ages and not stats people) and play at a high level for many more years.

If we could get him for cheap, and he can fill a role as 3rd receiver or something, we would have a good guy for the next 3 to 4 years and he wouldnt take playing time away from the youngsters....
I would argue that we need a veteran #1 WR to be productive and tutor the young ones. Then let the youngsters develop at #2, #3, etc. I don't think Plax really helps us even as a #3 WR.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #37
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,917
Re: Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I would argue that we need a veteran #1 WR to be productive and tutor the young ones. Then let the youngsters develop at #2, #3, etc. I don't think Plax really helps us even as a #3 WR.
Could Plaxico be that veteran #1 that you speak of??
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:05 PM   #38
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,021
Re: Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Could Plaxico be that veteran #1 that you speak of??
No, not right out of the box. The dude will be rusty at best. You even argued for him as a #3. I was thinking more along the lines of Santana.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:08 PM   #39
Special Teams
 
NLC1054's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 279
Re: Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

The problem is, Plaxico is a headcase. A talented football player with all the skills and physical attributes, but shooting himself was only one of the many dumbass things the guy has done. He has a known history of being a headcase. Now maybe prison mellowed him out...but what if it didn't?

Why take a flyer on a guy who might not be back in shape until next season, when he'll be 36? Everyone says he should be cheap to sign, but what's the definition of cheap? Are you going to give a guy a two year deal and just hope it works out? What's the point?

Again, why people seem willing to let Santana walk, but want to "take a flyer" on Plaxico Burress, is frakking confusing.
NLC1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:52 PM   #40
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,968
Re: Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

I haven't been able to confirm this, but I'm pretty sure I heard that Plax was disciplined multiple times...while in prison. Not a good sign really
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:03 PM   #41
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I haven't been able to confirm this, but I'm pretty sure I heard that Plax was disciplined multiple times...while in prison. Not a good sign really
I didn't hear that exactly, but I did hear on the radio this morning that he had one of the dirtiest cells in the entire prison.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:08 PM   #42
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,968
Re: Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I didn't hear that exactly, but I did hear on the radio this morning that he had one of the dirtiest cells in the entire prison.
Maybe that was one of the discipline issues
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:59 AM   #43
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
The cost of signing Plax right now is taking playing time away from our young guys (Austin, Hankerson, Paul, Robinson, Banks, etc). For a team thats been to the playoffs thats no big deal. For a team thats trying to rebuild it's a huge cost and part of the reason we've stunk for the better part of the previous decade.
So by your theory keeping Moss also takes away from the young guys playing time. Right?

Just about everyone knows the team is going to want one Vet on the team to not only fall back on but to help develope the young guys. The key is will the Skins resign Moss at his old age? He's breaking down often injured and losing his speed. The best they could hope for is to make him the #3 WR.

Buress on the other hand has proven in the past he's a #1 WR and could be the #1 WR while the young guys are developing and learning the offensive scheme. Would Buress be a stop gap? Yes, which is exactly what the team needs until the young guns are ready to step in and take over.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:01 AM   #44
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,968
Re: Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
So by your theory keeping Moss also takes away from the young guys playing time. Right?

Just about everyone knows the team is going to want one Vet on the team to not only fall back on but to help develope the young guys. The key is will the Skins resign Moss at his old age? He's breaking down often injured and losing his speed. The best they could hope for is to make him the #3 WR.

Buress on the other hand has proven in the past he's a #1 WR and could be the #1 WR while the young guys are developing and learning the offensive scheme. Would Buress be a stop gap? Yes, which is exactly what the team needs until the young guns are ready to step in and take over.
Do I have this right? You want to get rid of Moss, sign Plax, and stay away from Vince Young?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:04 AM   #45
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I haven't been able to confirm this, but I'm pretty sure I heard that Plax was disciplined multiple times...while in prison. Not a good sign really
Thought I heard something also early on when he first went in, but come on.... even Martha Stewart was disciplined a couple of times. Although I can't stand here. I'll take Buress over Moss since Moss had his share of hammies and pulled groins. As far as I know Buress has not been injured as much and although some here want to complain about Buress's age, Moss is no spring chicken either.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.44204 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25