Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011, 04:24 PM   #1
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

Good football topics have been tough sledding lately. So I guess here's something to talk about:

We all know Burress got out of prison yesterday. So according to Drew Rosenhaus, two teams have stayed in contact with him about Plaxico's availability once he was released. I know Vick wants him and he'd make sense for the Eagles....

So what about the Redskins? Well, John Clayton was just on NFL Live, and his top 4 as far as likelihood to sign Burress were: 1) Eagles 2) Redskins 3) Rams 4) Jets. Interesting.

Are the Redskins one of the two teams supposedly interested? Do you think we should sign Plax?

I think we are in fact one of the two teams, but I'm not so sure about signing him.

Plaxico Burress on radar for 2 teams, agent Drew Rosenhaus says - ESPN
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-07-2011, 04:31 PM   #2
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,754
Re: Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

IF there is a CBA agreement with RFA rules similar to those before 2010, you will have the following WRs as unrestricted FAs:

- Sidney Rice
- Santonio Holmes
- Steve Smith (NYG)
- Braylon Edwards

With these guys available, I there won't be much of a market for Plax.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:31 PM   #3
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

Will a 34 year old reciever that just got out of jail be able to contribute at all? I dont see a problem having him here for camp to see if he can do anything still, but i dont think there will be camp. I would much rather give a roster spot to one of the many young guys we got or bring back Marko Mitchell.

I mean once the season start his career is done right? I dont see him making it with anyone
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:35 PM   #4
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,320
Re: Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

He'll have maybe one or two more effective seasons (not Pro Bowl, but solid numbers), just not in DC. Doesn't fit with us, we're unstable at QB, he'd be unhappy and then the fun would begin.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #5
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Will a 34 year old reciever that just got out of jail be able to contribute at all? I dont see a problem having him here for camp to see if he can do anything still, but i dont think there will be camp. I would much rather give a roster spot to one of the many young guys we got or bring back Marko Mitchell.

I mean once the season start his career is done right? I dont see him making it with anyone
I heard the same stuff said about Vick. The biggest hit Plax has had in 2 years was when he shot himself.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #6
Special Teams
 
NLC1054's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 279
Re: Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

The only reason Plaxico Burress is linked with the Redskins is because we're the Redskins and apparently we'll sign and overpay every veteran ever.
NLC1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #7
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
IF there is a CBA agreement with RFA rules similar to those before 2010, you will have the following WRs as unrestricted FAs:

- Sidney Rice
- Santonio Holmes
- Steve Smith (NYG)
- Braylon Edwards

With these guys available, I there won't be much of a market for Plax.
I'd be stunned if the Jets don't give Holmes a bunch of money, same with the Giants and Steve Smith. I like Sidney Rice A LOT, but I think someone is going to really overpay him, and I hope it's not us. Braylon Edwards is garbage.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:44 PM   #8
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

Do we even need any more WR's?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:47 PM   #9
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLC1054 View Post
The only reason Plaxico Burress is linked with the Redskins is because we're the Redskins and apparently we'll sign and overpay every veteran ever.
I disagree. I mean, I know we've overpaid for vets plenty of times, but I think we're linked to him because we had one of, if not the worst WR corps over the past few seasons, and one of the biggest pieces missing from that is a big, possession receiver who can be a legit red zone threat.

Can Plaxico ever be those things again? Possibly. 2 years in prison will change a man. Maybe he comes out a man possessed and looks great for a few years. I wouldn't hate it if we gave him a shot (no pun intended), but I'm not sure. If we do sign him, I hope we don't assume he's going to solve problems for us in the receiving game.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:01 PM   #10
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,158
Re: Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I disagree. I mean, I know we've overpaid for vets plenty of times, but I think we're linked to him because we had one of, if not the worst WR corps over the past few seasons, and one of the biggest pieces missing from that is a big, possession receiver who can be a legit red zone threat.
Can Plaxico ever be those things again? Possibly. 2 years in prison will change a man. Maybe he comes out a man possessed and looks great for a few years. I wouldn't hate it if we gave him a shot (no pun intended), but I'm not sure. If we do sign him, I hope we don't assume he's going to solve problems for us in the receiving game.
hopefully hankerson can contribute in that department as well. as for plax it is very tempting, very, but the way i see it is he can only really contribute another 3 years at best so he is just another stop gap....but if we can get him dirt cheap and kick the tires i why not, the guy is a physical freak.
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:05 PM   #11
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
hopefully hankerson can contribute in that department as well. as for plax it is very tempting, very, but the way i see it is he can only really contribute another 3 years at best so he is just another stop gap....but if we can get him dirt cheap and kick the tires i why not, the guy is a physical freak.
Yeah that's the real reason it's tempting. Hankerson is 6-2 210, but Plax is 6-5 and his playing weight is around 235lbs.

I don't think character will be an issue with Plax moving forward. I guess for me it's all about the money.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:15 PM   #12
Special Teams
 
NLC1054's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 279
Re: Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

I don't get why people would want to sign Plaxico Burress after two years away, but think Santana Moss should walk.

Not saying anyone specifically, but in places I frequent, that seems to be the sentiment. Washington has an obsession with tall receivers...
NLC1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:27 PM   #13
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,536
Re: Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLC1054 View Post
I don't get why people would want to sign Plaxico Burress after two years away, but think Santana Moss should walk.

Not saying anyone specifically, but in places I frequent, that seems to be the sentiment. Washington has an obsession with tall receivers...
Makes no sense.

Re-sign Moss and stay away from a guy who's 34 and hasn't played ball in 2 years.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:27 PM   #14
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLC1054 View Post
I don't get why people would want to sign Plaxico Burress after two years away, but think Santana Moss should walk.

Not saying anyone specifically, but in places I frequent, that seems to be the sentiment. Washington has an obsession with tall receivers...
The fans maybe, but certainly not the team. We never have productive tall receivers.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:29 PM   #15
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,839
Re: Plaxico out of jail; on the radar of two teams according to Rosenhaus

It is not in Mike Shanahan's history to sign expensive big name FA WR's. So I would say we will not be interested. Shanahan's history is finding diamond in the rough WR's and RB's, not big name,
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27954 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25