Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Handful of Owners Resisting Parameters of New Deal

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2011, 07:16 PM   #91
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: Handful of Owners Resisting Parameters of New Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Given that the NFL won't lift the lockout until an actual CBA is finalized, and even an agreement in principle is still weeks away (and a CBA will take several More weeks or even months and then the whole legal process starts, then if the CBA is approved there's weeks of free agency and training camp) i just don't see how games won't be missed.

The players gave up some money- the owners should return hat good faith and lift the lockout, or atleast allow free agency to start, as soon as an agreement in principle is reached. Perhaps both sides can agree to follow 2010 fa rules until the agreement is done
An agreement in principle is maybe a week or two away at best, after that it should take maybe another 2 weeks to finalize and formalize it (not sure what you mean by the whole legal process starts then), and there wouldn't be a full training camp and pre-season. They aren't going to finalize a deal in early August let's say and then have a full off-season. They'll just abbreviate it in order to get to the start of the season in time.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  

Advertisements
Old 06-22-2011, 07:22 PM   #92
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,136
Re: Handful of Owners Resisting Parameters of New Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Oh you mean the stats from that survey payed for by "big business" oh please !Myself and thousands others like me are on standards from the time we get to work to the time we leave so don't throw some BS out there and think it applies to all.
I never said it applied to all. I made a point to say that there were exceptions. Sorry for striking a nerve especially when I said that. However I to know enough people to draw a reasonable conclusion on top of the "Big business" survey that there are many people in this country that are basically hour hogs. They will sit in the office for hours on end because it's easier to quantify time spent in the office then the actual amount of work completed.
__________________
Charlie: Okay. Take off your seat belt.
Alan: Why?
Charlie: Because when I slam on the brakes I want to watch you go through the windshield.
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 07:30 PM   #93
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,701
Re: Handful of Owners Resisting Parameters of New Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
I never said it applied to all. I made a point to say that there were exceptions. Sorry for striking a nerve especially when I said that. However I to know enough people to draw a reasonable conclusion on top of the "Big business" survey that there are many people in this country that are basically hour hogs. They will sit in the office for hours on end because it's easier to quantify time spent then the actual amount of work completed.
To the extent that you think it does I disagree but I will admit it goes on.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is online now  
Old 06-22-2011, 07:32 PM   #94
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Handful of Owners Resisting Parameters of New Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
An agreement in principle is maybe a week or two away at best, after that it should take maybe another 2 weeks to finalize and formalize it (not sure what you mean by the whole legal process starts then), and there wouldn't be a full training camp and pre-season. They aren't going to finalize a deal in early August let's say and then have a full off-season. They'll just abbreviate it in order to get to the start of the season in time.
I would presume once they have an agreement in principle the lockout will be lifted while the lawyers type up the paperwork which everyone presumes will take the second two weeks. At worst case scenario possibly 6 weeks to get everything put to paper and signed. More knowledgable people have said they suspect the lockout to be lifted in about 2 to 4 weeks for practice and training and the regular schedule to kick off as expected minus maybe 2 preseason games.

Thats unless there is a hickup in this whole process and a major step back occurs.
SBXVII is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 07:36 PM   #95
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,136
Re: Handful of Owners Resisting Parameters of New Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
To the extent that you think it does I disagree but I will admit it goes on.
Sorry I snapped. I personally don't have much experience with it but I've had friends that work at the Big 4 Accounting firms that complain about being stuck in the office all day while their boss basically sits there doing nothing and anyone that leaves on time is frowned upon. I just wish that as a country we would emphasize more work smarter not harder or in this case longer.

So yeah NFL Lockout. It sucks. Bunch of greedy bastards in ivory tower.
__________________
Charlie: Okay. Take off your seat belt.
Alan: Why?
Charlie: Because when I slam on the brakes I want to watch you go through the windshield.
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 08:23 PM   #96
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,418
Re: Handful of Owners Resisting Parameters of New Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
An agreement in principle is maybe a week or two away at best, after that it should take maybe another 2 weeks to finalize and formalize it (not sure what you mean by the whole legal process starts then), and there wouldn't be a full training camp and pre-season. They aren't going to finalize a deal in early August let's say and then have a full off-season. They'll just abbreviate it in order to get to the start of the season in time.
Agreed, I heard yesterday on NFL radio that it's likely they've already hashed out a soft timeline for when free agency will start and for when training camps will open. At this point it's very unlikely any games will be missed including pre-season.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 10:03 PM   #97
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Handful of Owners Resisting Parameters of New Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Sorry I snapped. I personally don't have much experience with it but I've had friends that work at the Big 4 Accounting firms that complain about being stuck in the office all day while their boss basically sits there doing nothing and anyone that leaves on time is frowned upon. I just wish that as a country we would emphasize more work smarter not harder or in this case longer.

So yeah NFL Lockout. It sucks. Bunch of greedy bastards in ivory tower.
Don't feel bad I knew where you were coming from. Everyone I know who works for the Federal Gov. all have nice stories about how there is a lot of wasted money due to fellow workers doing nothing but surfing the net all day. People making almost 6 figures.
SBXVII is offline  
Old 06-23-2011, 12:12 AM   #98
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Handful of Owners Resisting Parameters of New Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
An agreement in principle is maybe a week or two away at best, after that it should take maybe another 2 weeks to finalize and formalize it (not sure what you mean by the whole legal process starts then), and there wouldn't be a full training camp and pre-season. They aren't going to finalize a deal in early August let's say and then have a full off-season. They'll just abbreviate it in order to get to the start of the season in time.
It was my understanding that, due to the Nflpa's suit against the NFL, once a CBA is reached, the court must examine it and give all plaintiffs (every single NFL player) ample time to review the CBA and challenge any particular point of the deal they don't like. Essentially, because of the lawsuit, there is a legal process that must play out and it's going to take at least a couple of weeks-and that's assuming no players challenge the deal. If some bonehead player decided to claim his interests were not represented by the Nflpa, things would get messy.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 06-23-2011, 12:39 AM   #99
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: Handful of Owners Resisting Parameters of New Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
It was my understanding that, due to the Nflpa's suit against the NFL, once a CBA is reached, the court must examine it and give all plaintiffs (every single NFL player) ample time to review the CBA and challenge any particular point of the deal they don't like. Essentially, because of the lawsuit, there is a legal process that must play out and it's going to take at least a couple of weeks-and that's assuming no players challenge the deal. If some bonehead player decided to claim his interests were not represented by the Nflpa, things would get messy.
Well it depends on how the agreement is reached. Meaning if it's seen as a settlement of the lawsuit the federal court would have to approve the deal, though it's not expected that would take very long
Or it could be a labor agreement and the players would drop their lawsuit.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 06-23-2011, 01:45 AM   #100
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,136
Re: Handful of Owners Resisting Parameters of New Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Don't feel bad I knew where you were coming from. Everyone I know who works for the Federal Gov. all have nice stories about how there is a lot of wasted money due to fellow workers doing nothing but surfing the net all day. People making almost 6 figures.
Lol, yeah it just gets to me when I call my friends who are Accountants and Engineers and they tell me they can't leave work yet because it'll look bad even though they and everyone else finished all their work for the day.

Funny thing with government though is they have to pay people well enough so they're willing to put up with the boredom and snails pace of buerocracy.
__________________
Charlie: Okay. Take off your seat belt.
Alan: Why?
Charlie: Because when I slam on the brakes I want to watch you go through the windshield.
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 06-23-2011, 03:44 AM   #101
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,701
Re: Handful of Owners Resisting Parameters of New Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Don't feel bad I knew where you were coming from. Everyone I know who works for the Federal Gov. all have nice stories about how there is a lot of wasted money due to fellow workers doing nothing but surfing the net all day. People making almost 6 figures.
Didn't say it didn't go on ,just don't assume everyone does it.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is online now  
Old 06-24-2011, 09:38 AM   #102
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: Handful of Owners Resisting Parameters of New Deal

Out of curiosity, in light of recent updates with the negotiations, has anyone's opinion of DeMaurice Smith changed?

Also, do you think he'll be re-elected?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 06-24-2011, 09:46 AM   #103
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Handful of Owners Resisting Parameters of New Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Out of curiosity, in light of recent updates with the negotiations, has anyone's opinion of DeMaurice Smith changed?

Also, do you think he'll be re-elected?
that's a good & tough question. He has certainly positioned himself well in the background until yesterday, and that has been good pr for the players IMO. I don't know enough of what's transpired, time will tell obviously, as we'll be able to see how the deal works in reality years from now, but for the time being he's looking pretty good as it appears the players are on board for a new deal.

I'd bet he'd be re-elected.
freddyg12 is offline  
Old 06-24-2011, 09:48 AM   #104
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,418
Re: Handful of Owners Resisting Parameters of New Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Out of curiosity, in light of recent updates with the negotiations, has anyone's opinion of DeMaurice Smith changed?

Also, do you think he'll be re-elected?
I think so. Things may have started out a little rough (for both sides), but it takes time to develop trust and a good working relationship.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 06-24-2011, 10:53 AM   #105
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 49
Posts: 15,818
Re: Handful of Owners Resisting Parameters of New Deal

Did I read correctly that if this deal goes through that all 4th, 5th, and 6th year players would become unrestricted free agents?
firstdown is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.47052 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25