Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2011, 02:30 PM   #31
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,366
Re: ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Actually Rex is not signed...and McNabb is still a Redskin.
I don't mind them re signing him and cutting McNabb but 2012 needs to be the year where we draft a Qb for the future. I think the FO thinks the same way, they think the 12 class is much stronger than 11 and I agree. Sorry but I want Andrew Luck in the worst way.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-27-2011, 02:48 PM   #32
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I'd take Rex over Dilfer. There's probably been a few others worse than Rex to make a SB.

Regardless of how or why, he started for a SB team. Not a ton of guys can say that.
Yeah Dilfer only started a total of 8 games for the Ravens the year they won the Super Bowl (2000). He threw 12 TDs, 11 INTs, 1500 yards, and a whopping 76.6 QB rating. Paltry would be an overstatement.

Grossman's 2006 season he started every game and threw 23 TDs. His rating was great (73.9),
but I don't think he was the worst QB to start a Super Bowl. Hell, was Doug Williams any better? I mean he played a phenomenal Super Bowl game for sure, but overall was he any better of a player than Rex Grossman?

Doug Williams NFL & AFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:49 PM   #33
Special Teams
 
NLC1054's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 279
Re: ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

It's going to take going 1-15 or 2-14 to get Andrew Luck. With our schedule we should still be able to fart out 5-6 wins, no matter who the quarterback is.

So if you're hoping we suck hard enough to get Andrew Luck, you're probably going to end up disappointed. Especially because love it or hate it, they'll be looking to upgrade the team considerably through free agency.
NLC1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:09 PM   #34
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I don't mind them re signing him and cutting McNabb but 2012 needs to be the year where we draft a Qb for the future. I think the FO thinks the same way, they think the 12 class is much stronger than 11 and I agree. Sorry but I want Andrew Luck in the worst way.
I'd rather win.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:12 PM   #35
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,756
Re: ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
I'd rather win.
Ditto.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:28 PM   #36
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,625
Re: ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Yeah Dilfer only started a total of 8 games for the Ravens the year they won the Super Bowl (2000). He threw 12 TDs, 11 INTs, 1500 yards, and a whopping 76.6 QB rating. Paltry would be an overstatement.

Grossman's 2006 season he started every game and threw 23 TDs. His rating was great (73.9),
but I don't think he was the worst QB to start a Super Bowl. Hell, was Doug Williams any better? I mean he played a phenomenal Super Bowl game for sure, but overall was he any better of a player than Rex Grossman?

Doug Williams NFL & AFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com
DW didn't have pretty stats but I definitely would take him over Rex.

DW was very clutch and didn't give games away with INTs.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:38 PM   #37
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

Yes, DW over Rex any day. But back on topic; with this much cap space & flexibility will the team give in some on deals w/Rogers & Moss and pay them more? From what we've seen of Allen thus far, he's made value a big issue in contracts, so I would say no.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:41 PM   #38
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,625
Re: ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

Yeah I don't see Allen paying more than he feels someone is worth. If there's one thing he excels at it's keeping deals reasonable.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:41 PM   #39
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,612
Re: ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
Yes, DW over Rex any day. But back on topic; with this much cap space & flexibility will the team give in some on deals w/Rogers & Moss and pay them more? From what we've seen of Allen thus far, he's made value a big issue in contracts, so I would say no.
I don't think Rogers stays but Moss does. Brown is 50/50 probably. Buchanon likely stays with Rogers gone. But the guy I really don't know about is Rocky Mac. He might actually stay.

As I heard it this weekend FA Target #1 is Aubrayo Franklin. So that should be interesting
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:47 PM   #40
Special Teams
 
NLC1054's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 279
Re: ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

I don't think Buchanon stays. I think they like Barnes enough that they at least think that he can play nickel. They'll add another corner like a Jonathan Joseph or Ike Taylor; maybe not someone who is shutdown, but someone with a better track record. How many teams has Buchanon been on now?
NLC1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:21 PM   #41
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

I'd like to point out that the team's advantageous position for the coming year was not by accident. Allen and company set the team up for success this offseason by structuring bonus money the way they did last year. They also anticipated that this would be a large free agent class.

All that said, it doesn't mean they'll go on an indiscriminate spending spree, but it does mean they'll have a lot of players to choose from and will have the means to get the ones they do want.

I'd also like to point out that there are real significant cap implications to releasing or trading Haynesworth. I think that makes it a real possibility that we sit on him for at least another season.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #42
Impact Rookie
 
skinster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 754
Re: ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I'd like to point out that the team's advantageous position for the coming year was not by accident. Allen and company set the team up for success this offseason by structuring bonus money the way they did last year. They also anticipated that this would be a large free agent class.

All that said, it doesn't mean they'll go on an indiscriminate spending spree, but it does mean they'll have a lot of players to choose from and will have the means to get the ones they do want.

I'd also like to point out that there are real significant cap implications to releasing or trading Haynesworth. I think that makes it a real possibility that we sit on him for at least another season.
I thought that we gave haynesworth most of his guaranteed money already?
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:46 PM   #43
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I don't think Rogers stays but Moss does. Brown is 50/50 probably. Buchanon likely stays with Rogers gone. But the guy I really don't know about is Rocky Mac. He might actually stay.

As I heard it this weekend FA Target #1 is Aubrayo Franklin. So that should be interesting
Interesting. figured it was not good w/Rogers at this point. I would be surprised if Mcintosh stays, I think like most of us, he would be gone to play in a 4-3. ILB is a pretty thin position for us after Fletcher, so in terms of competition I could see him keeping that job over Riley & LA.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:48 PM   #44
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,426
Re: ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
I thought that we gave haynesworth most of his guaranteed money already?
We did. He has no more guaranteed money left from what I gather. Some of his guaranteed money was forfeited once he decided to skip OTAs and mandatory camp.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:48 PM   #45
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,118
Re: ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I don't think Rogers stays but Moss does. Brown is 50/50 probably. Buchanon likely stays with Rogers gone. But the guy I really don't know about is Rocky Mac. He might actually stay.

As I heard it this weekend FA Target #1 is Aubrayo Franklin. So that should be interesting
Finally glad to hear NT is a concern, because it needs to be. SS, whats the plan if Los goes? Please dont tell me Buchanon starts outside of Hall, thats horrible.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33811 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25