Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 04:11 AM   #121
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,168
Re: ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
lol........agree .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-07-2011, 04:14 AM   #122
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,168
Re: ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Okay, that's step one... players generate revenue. Without revenue there is no profit. Everyone agrees with you there. It's step two with which you seem to be having difficulty ....

Now watch carefully, stay with me on this ... I know it's hard for you as moving beyond a one variable equation seems to send you into system shock ....

If you have revenue and use to much money on dumb expenses you have (wait for it) ... LOSS. On the other hand, if you have revenue and don't use money on dumb expenses, you have PROFIT.

See how the revenue generated can result in EITHER profit OR loss? While it is true that without players there can be no profits, it is also true that player generated revenues don't guarrantee profits.

I'll stop now. We wouldn't want to overload that single little neuron running around in your head. <sarcasm font off>

Is this what you are trying to say: but for the owners decisions, investments, and marketing, the players wouldn't be generating 9 billion in revenue. If so, I would agree generally with that statement. Still, as a player, I wouldn't want my income tied to the profit/loss statement but rather simply a cut of the gross revenues before the owners start deducting their investments.

LOL...this remeinds me of the Professor from the Rodney Dangerfield movie Back to School ...where he starts a company.....and it all starts good but Rodney tells how it's done in the real world.real world you are not.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:35 AM   #123
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,743
Re: ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Eron had accounts also and look where that is? What I want is for you and the other rocket scientist to tell me how you generate profit from revenue....if there is no revenue coming in ie....no product to sell?
You can't. No one disagrees with that statement. To generate profit you must have revenue.

Revenue, however, does not guarantee profit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL...this remeinds me of the Professor from the Rodney Dangerfield movie Back to School ...where he starts a company.....and it all starts good but Rodney tells how it's done in the real world.real world you are not.
So I take it in the real world basic arithmetic doesn't apply? Revenue - Expenses= Profit/Loss (which by the way works w/ your R.Dangerfield example 'cause paying off the unions was just one of his expenses).

Really, what's your point? Or are just being blatantly obtuse?
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:41 AM   #124
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,770
Re: ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

^ I just gave up, Joe. Only one person here fails to understand the difference between revenue and profit. Let's just all be glad that he does not run our businesses.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:45 AM   #125
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,743
Re: ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

^^ True enough. My last post on the subject. When he opens a business, I want to be his initial supplier. "Hey buy this really expensive stuff from me (cash only please) and then you can sell it and generate revenues so you will automatically make a profit!!"
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:49 AM   #126
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,794
Re: ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

We seem treading dangerously toward personal attack zone here.

In defense of Giantone, I'm not sure he said the players guarantee profits (unless I missed it), just that they affect it, which they do to an extent by affecting the revenue.

All that said, I'm not sure what the original point of this discussion was. Was it BHA's talk about paying players based just on profit?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:53 AM   #127
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,770
Re: ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
We seem treading dangerously toward personal attack zone here.

In defense of Giantone, I'm not sure he said the players guarantee profits (unless I missed it), just that they affect it, which they do to an extent by affecting the revenue.

All that said, I'm not sure what the original point of this discussion was. Was it BHA's talk about paying players based just on profit?
Sorry, I wasn't trying to launch an attack, just end a pointless discussion.

Yes, the jumping off point was the idea of paying players based on profit.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:58 AM   #128
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,188
Re: ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Sorry, I wasn't trying to launch an attack, just end a pointless discussion.

Yes, the jumping off point was the idea of paying players based on profit.
Add boring to that. LOL.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:03 AM   #129
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,743
Re: ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
We seem treading dangerously toward personal attack zone here.
Fair enough. To the extent I contributed, I apologise.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:08 AM   #130
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,743
Re: ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Sorry, I wasn't trying to launch an attack, just end a pointless discussion.

Yes, the jumping off point was the idea of paying players based on profit.
And I guess I am just not sure what Giantone's take on that is. Is he saying:
(1) "Sure pay based on profit because player generated revenues are just part of the equation that leads to profit." or

(2) "B/c the owners wouldn't have any profit w/out the player generated revenue, the players should be paid based on the revenue they generate".

By the way, sorry for boring you Ruhskins. I do that to people on a regular basis. It's why I have no friends and why my wife & kids ignore me.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:08 AM   #131
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,204
Re: ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

GIANT fans count???
Where's my conduct.........Hoyle?
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:45 PM   #132
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,168
Re: ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
We seem treading dangerously toward personal attack zone here.

?
I apologize if I did that to anyone ,it was not my intent.
Let me try it another way ......all of you are 1000% right ...just answer me this how much revenue do the teams generate if the players don't play...just a simple question ?
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:50 PM   #133
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,168
Re: ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

[QUOTE=JoeRedskin;809913]And I guess I am just not sure what Giantone's take on that is. Is he saying:
(1) "Sure pay based on profit because player generated revenues are just part of the equation that leads to profit." or

(2) "B/c the owners wouldn't have any profit w/out the player generated revenue, the players should be paid based on the revenue they generate".

QUOTE]

Not trying to be a smart ass but why can't it be both?
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:12 PM   #134
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,743
Re: ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I apologize if I did that to anyone ,it was not my intent.
Let me try it another way ......all of you are 1000% right ...just answer me this how much revenue do the teams generate if the players don't play...just a simple question ?
For all intents and purposes - 0. Nada. Zilch. We are all in 1000% agreement with you on this point. No players = no revenue. No one. Absolutely not a soul is disagreeing with you on this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
And I guess I am just not sure what Giantone's take on that is. Is he saying:

(1) "Sure pay based on profit because player generated revenues are just part of the equation that leads to profit." or

(2) "B/c the owners wouldn't have any profit w/out the player generated revenue, the players should be paid based on the revenue they generate".
Not trying to be a smart ass but why can't it be both?
<sigh> All right, one last time, but this is my last shot at it G1 - if you get it, great. If not, c'est le vie:

The Basic Equation: [Revenue Generated By Players] - [Owners' Expenses] = [Owners' Profit/Loss].

Although the players salaries are an expense, the size of that expense will be determined based on the percentage of some number under the new CBA. The question is - What number should be used to define the Players' Percentage?

(1) Should the Players' Percentage be determined based on the Revenue Generated By Players before owners deduct their Non-Player Expenses? OR

(2) Should the Players' Percentage be determined based on the Revenue Generated By Players after owners deduct their Non-Player Expenses?

Using theory (1) the final equation looks like this: [Revenue Generated By Players] - [Players' Salaries (Percentage of Revenue)] - [Owners' Non-Player Expenses] = [Owner's Profit/Loss].

Using theory (2) the final equation looks like this: [Revenue Generated By Players] - [Owners' Non-Player Expenses] = [Owners' Preliminary Profit/Loss] - [Players' Salaries (Percentage of Preliminary Profit/Loss)] = [Owner's Final Profit/Loss].


and .... Ruhskins, I am sorry for once again boring the crap out of you.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:01 AM   #135
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,168
Re: ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

[QUOTE=JoeRedskin;810054]For all intents and purposes - 0. Nada. Zilch. We are all in 1000% agreement with you on this point. No players = no revenue. No one. Absolutely not a soul is disagreeing with you on this point.

QUOTE]

....and if people go back and see where I joined in on this they will see that's all I was saying. 0 players =0 revenue= 0 profit ...at no point did I say it should be before this or after this .There are to many mitigating factors that we(the fans) are not aware of to say weather it should be one way or the other. All I said was when the analogy of a lemonade stand cane up was ..."think of the players as leomade" .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30970 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25