Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Report claims Redskins won't cut Haynesworth

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2011, 03:42 PM   #91
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,202
Re: Report claims Redskins won't cut Haynesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
This is the most stupid argument people make about the Haynesworth situation. We're not some freaking school or reformatory that teaches undisciplined players a lesson. We just need to stop getting morons like Haynesworth on our team. And we got rid of the dumba$$ that used to sign players like Haynesworth.

I don't get this hard on people have about "teaching him a lesson." Sh*t, did we teach Brandon Lloyd a lesson? There have been a number of free agents that cost us money/picks, who came here and didn't do squat. And they are gone.

And for the people that keep bringing Keyshawn's name. He was suspended for the last 7 games of the 2003 season. And you know what happened next? HE WAS GONE. They traded his a$$ to Dallas the following March.
I wonder if you would feel this way had you paid him the 40 million. I bet your opinion would be different. This isn't about teaching anyone a lesson. It's about money. The Redskins want a return on the 40 million. They don't want AH to leave town and get another big contract w/out getting something back. None of the other guys you mentioned got this kind of dough. I can't blame the Redskins for dragging this out. The fans and media are making this out to be a bigger deal than it really is.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-12-2011, 03:56 PM   #92
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,654
Re: Report claims Redskins won't cut Haynesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I wonder if you would feel this way had you paid him the 40 million. I bet your opinion would be different. This isn't about teaching anyone a lesson. It's about money. The Redskins want a return on the 40 million. They don't want AH to leave town and get another big contract w/out getting something back. None of the other guys you mentioned got this kind of dough. I can't blame the Redskins for dragging this out. The fans and media are making this out to be a bigger deal than it really is.
I would probably feel this way, if AH had been a model player when he was with the Titans, but he wasn't. He was a trouble maker, yet the team decided to pay him $40 mil. Now, I understand an argument about the team wanting to get something in return. And the team should trade him to the team that gives us the best compensation. But as I said, I don't get the whole "let's teach him a lesson" or "we need to set an example to other FA" or "this is a changing culture" crap.

The team has made a myriad of costly mistakes in the past, right up until last year when they wasted two draft picks on McNabb. The only way things are going to change for the Redskins is for management to make sound decisions, do their homework with FA, and stay away from troublemakers.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:57 PM   #93
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,300
Re: Report claims Redskins won't cut Haynesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I wonder if you would feel this way had you paid him the 40 million. I bet your opinion would be different. This isn't about teaching anyone a lesson. It's about money. The Redskins want a return on the 40 million. They don't want AH to leave town and get another big contract w/out getting something back. None of the other guys you mentioned got this kind of dough. I can't blame the Redskins for dragging this out. The fans and media are making this out to be a bigger deal than it really is.
How are we getting our money's worth if AH is on the bench or pouting on the field?

We simply aren't going to get our money's worth from him.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #94
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,216
Re: Report claims Redskins won't cut Haynesworth

For me it's not about teaching a lesson or about the money (the money is a sunk cost). It's simply about the fact that he carries a low salary cap charge, I don't want him on another team, and I remain convinced that he'll reach a point where the quest for more money will motivate him to get his ass in gear again.

I could care less about the 53rd roster spot we'd gain by cutting him, that's not going to be an impact player no matter what. Haynesworth, however, might be.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:05 PM   #95
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,216
Re: Report claims Redskins won't cut Haynesworth

Any emotional argument is bogus. Whether it's because you hate him for being a piece of shit and don't want to see him paid another red cent, or because you want to see him taught a lesson and rot on the bench, or because you're principled and don't want to let him get away with this crap.

All of those arguments are meaningless. The smart decision makers set emotions aside and make the decision based on what's best for the organization/country/team/company going forward.

The bottom line is Haynesworth still has the capability to be dominant. You don't have to cater to him, he'll come around when he wants another big payday. Either that, or get a high pick for him in a trade where you can send him out of our division. Either is a decision that is most likely to positively impact the Redskins on a go-forward basis.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:08 PM   #96
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,654
Re: Report claims Redskins won't cut Haynesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
For me it's not about teaching a lesson or about the money (the money is a sunk cost). It's simply about the fact that he carries a low salary cap charge, I don't want him on another team, and I remain convinced that he'll reach a point where the quest for more money will motivate him to get his ass in gear again.

I could care less about the 53rd roster spot we'd gain by cutting him, that's not going to be an impact player no matter what. Haynesworth, however, might be.
See your argument makes sense, personally I doubt it would happen, but it makes sense. I just gave up on this guy a long time ago. I think it would be great if he can come to his senses and dominate, but I just don't think that will happen. Especially if he gets suspended, although I don't think we're going to hear about this anytime soon. The league has wayyy to many priorities to be worrying about this moron.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:46 PM   #97
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,114
Re: Report claims Redskins won't cut Haynesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
This is the most stupid argument people make about the Haynesworth situation. We're not some freaking school or reformatory that teaches undisciplined players a lesson. We just need to stop getting morons like Haynesworth on our team. And we got rid of the dumba$$ that used to sign players like Haynesworth.

I don't get this hard on people have about "teaching him a lesson." Sh*t, did we teach Brandon Lloyd a lesson? There have been a number of free agents that cost us money/picks, who came here and didn't do squat. And they are gone.

And for the people that keep bringing Keyshawn's name. He was suspended for the last 7 games of the 2003 season. And you know what happened next? HE WAS GONE. They traded his a$$ to Dallas the following March.
He was gone only because they didn't give him 21 million dollars and then have him turn around and renig on his word to do what the coaches asked him to do.

This isn't about "punishing" Fat Albert or teaching him a lesson (he'll never get it). This is about changing the culture. I'm fine with sitting the fat ass on the bench. We've shown to many guys in the league that Washington is the place to come to get paid big, but perform little. No more. It has to start at some point.

Many of you fans cried and cried for a culture change. Well, you got it, and now you are bitching? Worse than Dan Snyder IMO.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:01 PM   #98
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,300
Re: Report claims Redskins won't cut Haynesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
He was gone only because they didn't give him 21 million dollars and then have him turn around and renig on his word to do what the coaches asked him to do.

This isn't about "punishing" Fat Albert or teaching him a lesson (he'll never get it). This is about changing the culture. I'm fine with sitting the fat ass on the bench. We've shown to many guys in the league that Washington is the place to come to get paid big, but perform little. No more. It has to start at some point.

Many of you fans cried and cried for a culture change. Well, you got it, and now you are bitching? Worse than Dan Snyder IMO.
A true culture change would mean that he is GONE.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:21 PM   #99
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,202
Re: Report claims Redskins won't cut Haynesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
How are we getting our money's worth if AH is on the bench or pouting on the field?

We simply aren't going to get our money's worth from him.
Perhaps he'll realize that he's not going anywhere, man up, start acting like a pro, have some pride and play up to his capabilities.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #100
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,202
Re: Report claims Redskins won't cut Haynesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Any emotional argument is bogus. Whether it's because you hate him for being a piece of shit and don't want to see him paid another red cent, or because you want to see him taught a lesson and rot on the bench, or because you're principled and don't want to let him get away with this crap.

All of those arguments are meaningless. The smart decision makers set emotions aside and make the decision based on what's best for the organization/country/team/company going forward.

The bottom line is Haynesworth still has the capability to be dominant. You don't have to cater to him, he'll come around when he wants another big payday. Either that, or get a high pick for him in a trade where you can send him out of our division. Either is a decision that is most likely to positively impact the Redskins on a go-forward basis.
After watching this bum for two years I'm not so sure of that. He makes a great play and follows it up with 2-3 bad ones, gets tired or hurt and leaves the game. If I were them I'd just put his worthless ass in or passing situations, use him like they did Jumpy Geathers back in the early 90's.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:48 PM   #101
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,136
Re: Report claims Redskins won't cut Haynesworth

Stainsworth has made a mockery of NFL contracts and of organizational and coaching authority.
I hope Roger G has seen this and gives this bum the maximum suspension possible.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:58 PM   #102
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,114
Re: Report claims Redskins won't cut Haynesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
If he gets into a 4-3 with his old defensive line coach, he would be on the field for a lot more than 20 snaps a game because he would actually buy into the defense and would embrace his role.

That's not true. That same defensive coach has been on record as saying that Albert never bought into the scheme or did what they asked him in Tennessee. He finally took Albert and pretty much let him free lance and get after the QB. Basically he just wants to rush the passer and jump gaps.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:38 PM   #103
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
Re: Report claims Redskins won't cut Haynesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I don't agree. If he continues to be non-compliant we should have the legal discourse to retain his contract while deactivating him from the 53-man roster. I don't think our options are limited to:

- Keeping him and paying him
- Releasing or trading him

We should be able to Keyshawn his ass if he's not living up to his contract. I doubt any mediator would side with Haynesworth in a situation where he's knowingly and purposely not doing what he's told.

It's in our best interests to keep him and let him come around. What's he going to do, pout forever? Eventually, once you realized you had no option, wouldn't you want to make an impact again? If he continues to be a non-compliant piece of junk you Keyshawn him and get him out of your locker room. But you don't have to give him away for nothing.


Unless the new CBA has new provisions allowing a team to "Keyshawn a player's ass" for more than 4 games, that option will not be open to the Redskins.

That issue has been decided by an arbitrator back about 2007...
__________________
The Sports Curmudgeon
www.sportscurmudgeon.com
But don't get me wrong, I love sports...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:41 PM   #104
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
Re: Report claims Redskins won't cut Haynesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Stainsworth has made a mockery of NFL contracts and of organizational and coaching authority.
I hope Roger G has seen this and gives this bum the maximum suspension possible.
The stupidity of the situation has to belong to the side of the table that handed $21M to the other side of the table believing that someone who has been a trouble-maker and a spoiled brat all of his career was about to change his stripes and become a sacrificing team-player.

The mockery belongs with the guys who handed over the $21M.

The scorn for being an a$$hole belongs with AH...
__________________
The Sports Curmudgeon
www.sportscurmudgeon.com
But don't get me wrong, I love sports...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:43 PM   #105
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
The stupidity of the situation has to belong to the side of the table that handed $21M to the other side of the table believing that someone who has been a trouble-maker and a spoiled brat all of his career was about to change his stripes and become a sacrificing team-player.

The mockery belongs with the guys who handed over the $21M.

The scorn for being an a$$hole belongs with AH...
This.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.51893 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25