Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


James Harrison Rips Goodell in Interview

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 08:38 AM   #1
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,653
James Harrison Rips Goodell in Interview

James Harrison of Pittsburgh Steelers blasts Roger Goodell in magazine interview - ESPN
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-13-2011, 08:45 AM   #2
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,653
re: James Harrison Rips Goodell in Interview

Classy guy.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:53 AM   #3
The Starter
 
#56fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte NC
Age: 40
Posts: 1,789
re: James Harrison Rips Goodell in Interview

This guy is a freaking idiot. Not sure what, if anything, Roger could do in terms of fines or suspensions since there isn't a league right now, and it really isn't bad behavior other than being classless. I never realized how much of a asswipe Harrison is. Pittsburg doesn't tend to play around with guys like this, so it wouldn't suprise me to see him end up being dropped at somepoint if he doesn't change his ways. No player in Pittsburg is bigger than the team. I would love to see how this idiot was to act if he was suspended without pay by the steelers for his gay slurs, racist comments, and overall lack of respect for the NFL. The NFL is allowing him to live this life he has and he seems to "piss" on it every time he opens his mouth.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:09 AM   #4
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,479
re: James Harrison Rips Goodell in Interview

I understand he's pissed off and he has a right to be, but some of those comments are just disrespectful and out of line. Wow.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:15 AM   #5
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,583
Re: James Harrison Rips Goodell in Interview

So do people think Goodell has relatively good job so far in his tenure? Harrison goes waaaaaaay to far, from a fan's perspective I think he coulda been better than he's been.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:18 AM   #6
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,987
Re: James Harrison Rips Goodell in Interview

I'm really sick of this guy. For someone who is said to be tough and whatnot he sure is a crybaby. I hope the Rooneys fine and/or suspend his a$$ for this. One thing is being critical of the league, but this is ridiculous.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:28 AM   #7
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,653
Re: James Harrison Rips Goodell in Interview

He's a cheap shot artist, really tired of hearing from this guy.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:28 AM   #8
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,479
Re: James Harrison Rips Goodell in Interview

I gotta say the flag football comments were spot on.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:00 AM   #9
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: James Harrison Rips Goodell in Interview

It's one thing to dislike the commish, but he's ripping teammates now? Probably not going to sit well in the locker room when you publicly trash your young stud RB and 2x Super Bowl champion QB...

One thing we're constantly reminded of with the NFL- these guys get paid millions and are in the spotlight all the time, but that doesn't make them intelligent. What a ding dong.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:04 AM   #10
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,653
Re: James Harrison Rips Goodell in Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
It's one thing to dislike the commish, but he's ripping teammates now? Probably not going to sit well in the locker room when you publicly trash your young stud RB and 2x Super Bowl champion QB...

One thing we're constantly reminded of with the NFL- these guys get paid millions and are in the spotlight all the time, but that doesn't make them intelligent. What a ding dong.
Yeah these guys aren't paid for their IQ that's for sure.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:36 AM   #11
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,987
Re: James Harrison Rips Goodell in Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I liked James Harrison up till the super bowl a few years ago, when he punched and beat up Aaron Fransisco on the ground on a punt, when he wasn't going to go anywhere. Every since then, and to this day I hate that guy with a passion.
That was ridiculous, he should've been ejected from the game. I had forgotten about this, it was ridiculous. I hope they suspend his a$$. Man, when did the Steelers become the team of sh*theads? Big Ben assaulting women, Ward's drunk a$$ getting caught DUI, and now Harrison with this stupid tirade.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:45 AM   #12
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,653
Re: James Harrison Rips Goodell in Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
That was ridiculous, he should've been ejected from the game. I had forgotten about this, it was ridiculous. I hope they suspend his a$$. Man, when did the Steelers become the team of sh*theads? Big Ben assaulting women, Ward's drunk a$$ getting caught DUI, and now Harrison with this stupid tirade.
Don't forget Mendenhall's tweet

More from Harrison.

James Harrison: Confessions of an NFL Hitman*|*Men’s Journal
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:36 AM   #13
Special Teams
 
NLC1054's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 279
Re: James Harrison Rips Goodell in Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I gotta say the flag football comments were spot on.
Bullcrap they're right on. Especially when they pertain to Harrison, who is almost spiteful in his approach to the game.

It's easier for players to kvetch and moan and groan about being fined and about the crack down on illegal hits and helmet-to-helmet shots while they're young and healthy. The consequences of those kind of hits are real and actual and have been documented to have a profound effect nor just on football players, but from other sports as well--baseball, hockey, pro wresting--it's not good. Especially with a nutjob with a screw lose like Harrison.

I understand the hypocrisy of trying to tack on 2 extra games while talking about health of the players, but I also don't agree with this notion that floats around with some fans that, because some of the moves the league makes to protect players health (after all, this is a business, you want to protect your investment, even if you don't give a shit about your player's health), it constitutes going back to "flag football".

There's still plenty of big hits every week in football that you never ever hear about because they're clean as a whistle and don't cause penalties, and everyone oohhs and awes and cringes. We've seen Renzo, Sellers, even LaRon Landry lay out some HUGE hits that were clean and impactful and "HOLY S**T!" moments that didn't involve some tool going after a guy's noggin.
NLC1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:22 PM   #14
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,611
Re: James Harrison Rips Goodell in Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLC1054 View Post
Bullcrap they're right on. Especially when they pertain to Harrison, who is almost spiteful in his approach to the game.

It's easier for players to kvetch and moan and groan about being fined and about the crack down on illegal hits and helmet-to-helmet shots while they're young and healthy. The consequences of those kind of hits are real and actual and have been documented to have a profound effect nor just on football players, but from other sports as well--baseball, hockey, pro wresting--it's not good. Especially with a nutjob with a screw lose like Harrison.

I understand the hypocrisy of trying to tack on 2 extra games while talking about health of the players, but I also don't agree with this notion that floats around with some fans that, because some of the moves the league makes to protect players health (after all, this is a business, you want to protect your investment, even if you don't give a shit about your player's health), it constitutes going back to "flag football".

There's still plenty of big hits every week in football that you never ever hear about because they're clean as a whistle and don't cause penalties, and everyone oohhs and awes and cringes. We've seen Renzo, Sellers, even LaRon Landry lay out some HUGE hits that were clean and impactful and "HOLY S**T!" moments that didn't involve some tool going after a guy's noggin.
This
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:39 PM   #15
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
Re: James Harrison Rips Goodell in Interview

Five years from now, the only way James Harrison has anything to do with a major magazine is to go to the newsstand and buy one.

Five years from now, Roger Goodell will be NFL Commish and tons of magazines - - if there are any magazines left in 5 years - - will drool over getting him to be part of their cover story for a month.
__________________
The Sports Curmudgeon
www.sportscurmudgeon.com
But don't get me wrong, I love sports...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27121 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25