Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins ready to $pend?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 11:11 AM   #16
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,432
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
But it makes a lot of sense because of the lockout delay and Beck has been with the team and knows the offense a lot better.
I would agree but that doesn't mean we cannot retain Grossman or sign Vince Young.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-13-2011, 11:12 AM   #17
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,574
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
damn thats a ton of players to have targeted. Yanda, Holmes, and Cullen would be good signings. Cofield, Kris Jenkins...not some much on them. Id take Holmes over Moss...but we dont need both.
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:15 AM   #18
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Holmes is good, don't get me wrong, but if we're trying to resign moss, then we really don't need holmes, they're like the same receiver. Holmes also gets into legal problems. And I really don't see the Jets letting him go, they like him and he likes them.

Marshall Yanda though would be a Great addition to this team, thats a signing I'd approve.

Kris Jenkins- I've said it before, why get a guy who's coming off two acl surgeries in the past couple of years, On the same knee. We just signed Kemo with his knee problems and that one didn't do anything now did it.

Cullen Jenkins I'd love to have.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:30 AM   #19
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,963
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

If we go into the season with Grossman and Beck as our top QBs, I think Grossman starts week one

They definitely want interior OL help, Joseph is probably out of reach and Yanda might be too actually

I don't really know Haynesworth at all, but have had the chance to meet Kris Jenkins multiple times and he's the complete opposite of what we all perceive AH to be-personality wise. Super nice guy. From a locker room and community and media relations point of view, he'd be a godsend. On the field is probably another story

I think Holmes is not likely to happen

Aubrayo Franklin is high on the radar. But could be another one out of reach

Kevin Burnett could be another target
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:37 AM   #20
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
If we go into the season with Grossman and Beck as our top QBs, I think Grossman starts week one

They definitely want interior OL help, Joseph is probably out of reach and Yanda might be too actually

I don't really know Haynesworth at all, but have had the chance to meet Kris Jenkins multiple times and he's the complete opposite of what we all perceive AH to be-personality wise. Super nice guy. From a locker room and community and media relations point of view, he'd be a godsend. On the field is probably another story

I think Holmes is not likely to happen

Aubrayo Franklin is high on the radar. But could be another one out of reach

Kevin Burnett could be another target
Yeah ILB is a need, unless the skins want to start Perry Riley, any news on him being the starter and coaches liking him?
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:49 AM   #21
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,963
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

They like Riley at lot. Will he start? Don't know
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:55 AM   #22
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,057
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Rex loves Holmes and will never let him go...forget about getting him and aim lower.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:55 AM   #23
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Yeah ILB is a need, unless the skins want to start Perry Riley, any news on him being the starter and coaches liking him?
ILB will be one of the more interesting camp stories, if there's a camp. Rocky's chances of staying have increased, according to SS, and then Lorenzo moving to ILB adds another. I would really like to see that position play out w/the guys we have, including Rocky.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:05 PM   #24
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Quite a sensational title for the article, JLC. Ah, some things never change.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:39 PM   #25
Special Teams
 
NLC1054's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 279
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

This is, what, the 7th straight week we're we've been linked to yet another player?

I mean...it's getting to the point where it seems like we're targeting EVERY free agent available. It's ridiculous. We can't try and get EVERYONE.
NLC1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:24 PM   #26
Impact Rookie
 
skinster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 754
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Holmes is good, don't get me wrong, but if we're trying to resign moss, then we really don't need holmes, they're like the same receiver. Holmes also gets into legal problems. And I really don't see the Jets letting him go, they like him and he likes them.

Marshall Yanda though would be a Great addition to this team, thats a signing I'd approve.

Kris Jenkins- I've said it before, why get a guy who's coming off two acl surgeries in the past couple of years, On the same knee. We just signed Kemo with his knee problems and that one didn't do anything now did it.

Cullen Jenkins I'd love to have.
I don't care about legal problems unless Holmes is suspended in the playoffs. I agree with the kris Jenkins point, but would still love to sign him to have him next to his brother. I think that would help create great team chemistry. Plus Jenkins could teach other's how to properly play the NT position in the 3-4. Even from a coaching perspective (haslett/shanny) picking up cullen and kris. They can say how things were done in GB and how things were done in NY, and Haslett can sample that and use it to improve our overall defense.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:31 PM   #27
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
I don't care about legal problems unless Holmes is suspended in the playoffs. I agree with the kris Jenkins point, but would still love to sign him to have him next to his brother. I think that would help create great team chemistry. Plus Jenkins could teach other's how to properly play the NT position in the 3-4. Even from a coaching perspective (haslett/shanny) picking up cullen and kris. They can say how things were done in GB and how things were done in NY, and Haslett can sample that and use it to improve our overall defense.
Good point, but they could also just sign a backup that gets cut from one of those teams and it would be about the same thing
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:33 PM   #28
Impact Rookie
 
skinster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 754
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

I just want to say that I am a logical person, and a fan of the tank for luck strategy. However, I am red in the face with excitement right now about all the free agents we are looking to pick up. The fan in me is overtaking what I know is in the best longterm interest of our team and is totally on board with buying every free agent mentioned. I wonder how long my excitement will last? I'll probably complain about how this was the dumbest thing we could possibly do at the end of the season (which it probably is) but I'm just so excited to see us (hopefully) signing all these guys. My emotions are taking over my better thinking.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:38 PM   #29
Impact Rookie
 
skinster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 754
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Good point, but they could also just sign a backup that gets cut from one of those teams and it would be about the same thing
It's not the same thing. Backups don't have the experience as players that execute and actually get to play and see what works and what doesnt. Plus if healthy Jenkins can actually contribute to our team, and if not, he can provide leadership to our other NT's. But I do see your point. Although I don't think it is quite the same, you are mostly right with regards to backups being able to give info on other systems to haslett. But I don't think these players are being pursued purely for their knowledge of other systems, I think it is simply a bonus that adds to us wanting them.

I also think signing Barry Coefield could be a way to get info on the giants (as a plus...not that I don't think we don't want him)
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:51 PM   #30
Special Teams
 
musicmaster45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 373
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Also Kris will be cheap after two awful injury filled seasons. He will be low risk with possible high reward pick up
__________________
Shanahann loves the colleges i do...... Purdue and Nebraska FTW!!!!
musicmaster45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27721 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25