Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins ready to $pend?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 02:25 PM   #31
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
It's not the same thing. Backups don't have the experience as players that execute and actually get to play and see what works and what doesnt. Plus if healthy Jenkins can actually contribute to our team, and if not, he can provide leadership to our other NT's. But I do see your point. Although I don't think it is quite the same, you are mostly right with regards to backups being able to give info on other systems to haslett. But I don't think these players are being pursued purely for their knowledge of other systems, I think it is simply a bonus that adds to us wanting them.

I also think signing Barry Coefield could be a way to get info on the giants (as a plus...not that I don't think we don't want him)
yeah, no I know what you mean. I was thinking of just recently a player named Howard Green. He was with the Jets and got some playing time there, and backed up the NT and DE's there. They cut him, he signed here, we cut him, and felt that Philip Daniels is more valuable (he's not). He then signed with the packers. He told the team what to watch out for with the jets defense, and helped green bay get a shut out 9-0 when over the jets in New York because of his help and signals. Fast Forward to the Super Bowl, and he was the reason why Big Ben threw the int for a touchdown because he knocked his arm on the throw. Just because he's a 'backup' doesn't mean he doesn't know as much as the starters, sometime the backups know more because their seeing the 'whole field' and are preparing for when the starter goes out to make sure they know what they're doing, and not looking like an idiot.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-13-2011, 02:41 PM   #32
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,643
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

I mean if we're forced to spend the ton of cap space we have, which players are we looking at to realistically get?
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:43 PM   #33
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,013
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Fingers crossed on getting Cullen Jenkins.

Yanda or Chester would be nice additions.

Cofield? Is he a small NT or a big DE? He might be a square peg in our system.

Holmes would be good if we are looking to add weed smokers to the locker room.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:13 PM   #34
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,438
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
I just want to say that I am a logical person, and a fan of the tank for luck strategy. However, I am red in the face with excitement right now about all the free agents we are looking to pick up. The fan in me is overtaking what I know is in the best longterm interest of our team and is totally on board with buying every free agent mentioned. I wonder how long my excitement will last? I'll probably complain about how this was the dumbest thing we could possibly do at the end of the season (which it probably is) but I'm just so excited to see us (hopefully) signing all these guys. My emotions are taking over my better thinking.
You must have a very interesting definition of logical.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:19 PM   #35
Special Teams
 
NLC1054's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 279
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Why are we even talking about this? Why are we considering at all that this could possibly be true-ish

We're talking about Jason LIECanfora here. When is the last time he reported anything about the Washington Redskins that was anything close to the truth? When was the last time he reported ANYTHING on ANYTHING that was anything close to the truth, that wasn't already said by a much more reputable source?

The guy specializes in sensationalism. He specialized in it when he was here, and he has a stick up his butt about the Redskins ever since he left. There are a lot of guys who throw crap at the wall hoping it sticks, but Jason LIECanfora has a crap machine gun with unlimited ammo. This is the man who STILL insists that the Redskins are looking to sign JeMarcus Russell. Is he saying that because thinks we actually are going to sign him, or because he knows it'll make non-Redskins fans guffaw at our stupidity while it drives views to NFL.com to see his stupid articles?

Out of nowhere during the draft on the NFL Network during the draft, when they were talking about our draft class and John Beck, out of nowhere LIECanfora goes "You know, I heard that Marc Bulger was someone that they were interested in last year that they could sign!". Really, Jason? Because ya sure as hell didn't report that last year, nor did you have any inkling that McNabb was going to end up signing here.

The guy is a hack on the highest level. Here's a tip; if Jason LIECanfora claims we're going to do anything, be prepared for the football team to do the exact opposite. If he says we're not going to do something, it's probably the thing we're going to do.
NLC1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:26 PM   #36
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,438
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLC1054 View Post
Why are we even talking about this? Why are we considering at all that this could possibly be true-ish

We're talking about Jason LIECanfora here. When is the last time he reported anything about the Washington Redskins that was anything close to the truth? When was the last time he reported ANYTHING on ANYTHING that was anything close to the truth, that wasn't already said by a much more reputable source?

The guy specializes in sensationalism. He specialized in it when he was here, and he has a stick up his butt about the Redskins ever since he left. There are a lot of guys who throw crap at the wall hoping it sticks, but Jason LIECanfora has a crap machine gun with unlimited ammo. This is the man who STILL insists that the Redskins are looking to sign JeMarcus Russell. Is he saying that because thinks we actually are going to sign him, or because he knows it'll make non-Redskins fans guffaw at our stupidity while it drives views to NFL.com to see his stupid articles?

Out of nowhere during the draft on the NFL Network during the draft, when they were talking about our draft class and John Beck, out of nowhere LIECanfora goes "You know, I heard that Marc Bulger was someone that they were interested in last year that they could sign!". Really, Jason? Because ya sure as hell didn't report that last year, nor did you have any inkling that McNabb was going to end up signing here.

The guy is a hack on the highest level. Here's a tip; if Jason LIECanfora claims we're going to do anything, be prepared for the football team to do the exact opposite. If he says we're not going to do something, it's probably the thing we're going to do.
Because there's still no CBA and not much else to talk about. Unless you'd rather talk about tanking for Luck.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:32 PM   #37
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,464
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Because there's still no CBA and not much else to talk about. Unless you'd rather talk about tanking for Luck.
Saving it for my 6k post...........and 7k
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:32 PM   #38
Special Teams
 
NLC1054's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 279
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Because there's still no CBA and not much else to talk about. Unless you'd rather talk about tanking for Luck.
...

...Carry on...
NLC1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:39 PM   #39
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,804
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

assuming this report is true then to me it looks like the same old same old. go get other teams players and watch it blow up in your face. i can't tell you how sick i am of this approach cause it's proven that it doesn't work. how about letting some of the guys you drafted develop and turn into stars?
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:45 PM   #40
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,438
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
assuming this report is true then to me it looks like the same old same old. go get other teams players and watch it blow up in your face. i can't tell you how sick i am of this approach cause it's proven that it doesn't work. how about letting some of the guys you drafted develop and turn into stars?
With a salary floor they're going to have to spend, and possibly spend quite a bit.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:53 PM   #41
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,579
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
I just want to say that I am a logical person, and a fan of the tank for luck strategy. However, I am red in the face with excitement right now about all the free agents we are looking to pick up. The fan in me is overtaking what I know is in the best longterm interest of our team and is totally on board with buying every free agent mentioned. I wonder how long my excitement will last? I'll probably complain about how this was the dumbest thing we could possibly do at the end of the season (which it probably is) but I'm just so excited to see us (hopefully) signing all these guys. My emotions are taking over my better thinking.
Please make this your sig. pleaseeeee
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:57 PM   #42
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,579
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Fingers crossed on getting Cullen Jenkins.

Yanda or Chester would be nice additions.

Cofield? Is he a small NT or a big DE? He might be a square peg in our system.

Holmes would be good if we are looking to add weed smokers to the locker room.
Favortie Holmes quote or tweet:

"Dont check the wrap sheet, check the stat sheet" effing classic
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:07 PM   #43
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 45
Posts: 3,441
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Favortie Holmes quote or tweet:

"Dont check the wrap sheet, check the stat sheet" effing classic
Def classic saying, but i don't want him on my team would prefer Rice, I'm happy with who we have already if we resign Moss for a fair price. We need more help elsewhere. IMO.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:12 PM   #44
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,804
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
With a salary floor they're going to have to spend, and possibly spend quite a bit.
so you're saying that we're so far under the projected cap that we have to spend? i could be wrong but i find that hard to believe.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:13 PM   #45
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,804
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Favortie Holmes quote or tweet:

"Dont check the wrap sheet, check the stat sheet" effing classic
that's effing hilarious.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29895 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25