Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins ready to $pend?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2011, 01:59 AM   #121
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
or instead of insulting me, you could clarify by explaining what you think I'm justifying so I can respond. Unless your looking for a "clever" way out.
Any logic thinker would be able to figure out what I was getting at. I am saying that your very vague definition of predictable is wrong. You're saying anyone that anyone taken at the end of the first or beginning of second is predictable. Yet you IGNORE the many years where men drafted in that position haven't been "predictable" franchise QBs. You simply pick the few recently that've worked out. So your model is better than the many personnel guys in the NFL? Why haven't you applied yet?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-15-2011, 02:02 AM   #122
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
If I ever settle the rest of my side bouts, and nothing is still going on, remind me and I'll get back to that one night or weekend. I'd much spend my time on this site talking football than explaining the rules of logic, but like you said its a slow summer, so maybe one day soon I'll get back to this.
God forbid we bother you; cannot await until the time you appease us peasants with your wisdom.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:25 AM   #123
Impact Rookie
 
skinster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 754
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Any logic thinker would be able to figure out what I was getting at. I am saying that your very vague definition of predictable is wrong. You're saying anyone that anyone taken at the end of the first or beginning of second is predictable. Yet you IGNORE the many years where men drafted in that position haven't been "predictable" franchise QBs. You simply pick the few recently that've worked out. So your model is better than the many personnel guys in the NFL? Why haven't you applied yet?
LOL. You mean the way I use my invented phrase "predictable quarterback" is wrong? LOL (again)

I'm not ignoring anything. I simply used the phrase "predictable" to catagorize quarterbacks that teams drafted with the the expectation of them becoming a franchise quarterback. Pretty much every qb drafted in the top 50 picks goes in this category, whether they panned out or not. The ones that didn't had something that made an organization "predict" that they would pan out and they just didn't. I'm sorry you either don't like or understand my phrase.

And I'm still not entirely sure what your getting at considering that was such a small part of what I was saying, and you don't really make sense, so just to cover my bases (If my response was not on topic to your response that was not on topic) I'm going to say that I believe Luck to be different than other prospects. He is more than predictable, he is as close to a sure thing as we'll see in a while. And I'm sure many "personnel guys" already employed by the nfl would agree, they don't need me for that.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:27 AM   #124
Impact Rookie
 
skinster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 754
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
God forbid we bother you; cannot await until the time you appease us peasants with your wisdom.
I'm sorry, did I send that message to you? No? ok. thanks for the response though.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:46 AM   #125
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
I'm sorry, did I send that message to you? No? ok. thanks for the response though.
Thee Godsend I wholly repent for my transgression!
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:47 AM   #126
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
Pretty much every qb drafted in the top 50 picks goes in this category, whether they panned out or not. The ones that didn't had something that made an organization "predict" that they would pan out and they just didn't. I'm sorry you either don't like or understand my phrase.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:26 AM   #127
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,694
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:52 AM   #128
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

All this money and no spend??? What a waste.

Forbes: Redskins are 4th-most valuable sports franchise - The Insider - The Washington Post
__________________
A revolution is coming and it will be televised.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:32 AM   #129
Special Teams
 
musicmaster45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 374
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

No okay so my Luck idea is in between let players play. if we win with Beck great if we don't than thats good too for draft positioin.
__________________
Shanahann loves the colleges i do...... Purdue and Nebraska FTW!!!!
musicmaster45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:33 AM   #130
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,526
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmaster45 View Post
No okay so my Luck idea is in between let players play. if we win with Beck great if we don't than thats good too for draft positioin.
I think thats what shanahan is thinking
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:35 AM   #131
Impact Rookie
 
skinster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 754
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmaster45 View Post
No okay so my Luck idea is in between let players play. if we win with Beck great if we don't than thats good too for draft positioin.
Only responding to this because it seems there is alot of animosity towards my statements. I want to clarify by saying that I've never actually said we should lose on purpose (If you think this isn't true show me where I've said that to prove me wrong). I simply am saying I believe it is in the franchises's best interest for us to lose this year. If beck turns out to be the real deal, then great I'll be super happy. But I believe he's not, I believe we need a franchise qb, I believe Luck is our best bet at getting one, I believe this season is in vain, and I believe that as long as our season is in vain it is in our best interest to salvage a franchise qb in the process.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:48 AM   #132
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,116
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

http://www.thewarpath.net/802005-post32.html (rebuilding or FA frenzy?)

Quote:

Skinzwin: Okay and if so through the rebuilding process with your so called "middle grade draft picks" we don't do well because we are young and inexperienced and lose a lot of games so be it. That is part of the rebuilding process. But you make it sound like losing would be on purpose, a priority. That is just ignorant and asinine if you ask me.

Skinster: I think its ignorant to think otherwise (even though I am aware I am in the vast minority). I can think of very few teams that were consistently average teams and then suddenly broke through to become top tier. These mediocre teams seem to all stay mediocre untill they suddenly drop to the bottom. I could go on for a while to tell you all the examples, but I'm sure you can look them up yourself. Being mediocre is delaying the inevitable of being terrible. Which is what seems to be happening to us now. Being kind of bad is not going to fix the problem. A true superstar needs to emerge. I think the lions and the rams are on their way to becoming legitimate teams. We need that superstar, and the best way to get him is with the first pick. Its very rare that Aaron Rodgers will fall into your lap in the 20's. The picks at the top of the 2nd/3rd round won't hurt either.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:50 AM   #133
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,873
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Ouch. SS's super sleuth abilities come through again.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:59 AM   #134
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,658
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
Only responding to this because it seems there is alot of animosity towards my statements. I want to clarify by saying that I've never actually said we should lose on purpose (If you think this isn't true show me where I've said that to prove me wrong). I simply am saying I believe it is in the franchises's best interest for us to lose this year. If beck turns out to be the real deal, then great I'll be super happy. But I believe he's not, I believe we need a franchise qb, I believe Luck is our best bet at getting one, I believe this season is in vain, and I believe that as long as our season is in vain it is in our best interest to salvage a franchise qb in the process.
You're an idiot.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:09 PM   #135
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,694
Re: Redskins ready to $pend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
Only responding to this because it seems there is alot of animosity towards my statements. I want to clarify by saying that I've never actually said we should lose on purpose (If you think this isn't true show me where I've said that to prove me wrong). I simply am saying I believe it is in the franchises's best interest for us to lose this year. If beck turns out to be the real deal, then great I'll be super happy. But I believe he's not, I believe we need a franchise qb, I believe Luck is our best bet at getting one, I believe this season is in vain, and I believe that as long as our season is in vain it is in our best interest to salvage a franchise qb in the process.
Wow, thats some major league double talk cake and eat it too stuff.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.45243 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25